Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
South France I had my first racist experience in all of the time and places I've stayed in France.. and Im not one to talk about stuff like the but it was BLATANT and it came from a shop owner and not just some random tourist.. ..I could never in good conscious ever recommend South France as a destination spot... Not just because of that one spot but overall people down there were rude and just very unfriendly .. And since I've gotten back to the North from vacation I've had one French dude from Paris( white) and my barber (Morrocan cat) how overall people in the South France are madd rude and how they never go and vacation there either

Not discounting your experience, but I might have been the side you were on. I went to Cannes,Nice, VillaFranche Sur Mer, and Monaco and never had an issue. Marseille is in the south of France and is basically a black/arab/immigrant city. There are a TON of black people in the Nice area.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I have to subscribe to this thread because I couldn't find it after my Montreal trip.

So I went to Montreal in early Oct. Out of 10 I'd rate it a 6.

Pros:
Very clean city
Good food
They have REAL bike lanes with 2 way lanes
Lots of parks

Cons:
The architecture outside of the Olde City , which is only like 4-5 blocks, is pure trash. Aesthetically the residential parts of Montreal reminds me of Northeast Philly, which ain't a good thing. I'm driving down the street like damn this looks just like Bustleton Ave. Basic ass twins with 2 feet of lawn in the front. And wtf is up with the spiral staircases OUTSIDE? :huhldup: trying climb those in the winter if it snows

The roads ARE HORRIBLE. No exaggeration, Montreal might have the worst paved roads I've ever drove in my life. There are also mad detours and construction going on.

Don't eat at the franchises out there. Tim Hortons is one thing, but there are a lot of spots like Huberts out there that will be packed and have you thinking the food is good but really it's like the French Canadian version of Applebees

And why didn't yall tell me there is a business down there called Desjardins?:ooh:
Everytime I saw it i went :blessed:

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
Any brehs been to Cuba yet?

Yep. Went last summer. :blessed: going again in Feb with five of my friends

kenya is dope af...best experience. :blessed:

would love to go again... miss their fries, chicken n beaches..

i swear they make the best fries in the world :banderas:

thinkin bout checking out those 2 countries highlighted :ld:

I fukking LOVE Kenya.

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
Yeah..I didnt make it to those major cities...I was in Argeles Sur Mer..and they weren't too friendly but I had the specific racial incident I mentioned in Collioure...

And before I went there I spoke to a Moroccan dude who told me that he didn't like those two cities cause they were stuck up and when I got back I told him was happened and it didn't surprise him at all amd he was just like "i told you so"... In general I love France...But they act a little funny style along that coast and there was next to no Muslim people or people or color there when I went so I cant revisit.
Not discounting your experience, but I might have been the side you were on. I went to Cannes,Nice, VillaFranche Sur Mer, and Monaco and never had an issue. Marseille is in the south of France and is basically a black/arab/immigrant city. There are a TON of black people in the Nice area.

Last edited:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Yeah..I didnt make it to those major cities...I was in Argeles Sur Mer..and they weren't too friendly but I had the specific racial incident I mentioned in Collioure...

And before I went there I spoke to a Moroccan dude who told me that he didn't like those two cities cause they were stuck up and when I got back I told him was happened and it didn't surprise him at all amd he was just like "i told you so"... In general I love France...But they act a little funny style along that coast and there was next to no Muslim people or people or color there when I went so I cant revisit.

No doubt. I'm thinking of going to Barcelona/Mallorca/Ibiza do you think those areas would have the same racial issues? It's low key crazy we even have to ask questions like this. I asked my white coworker if he thought Crotia was safe for black tourist and dude was confused as shyt. I'm like look man I gotta ask these questions :usure:

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
No doubt. I'm thinking of going to Barcelona/Mallorca/Ibiza do you think those areas would have the same racial issues? It's low key crazy we even have to ask questions like this. I asked my white coworker if he thought Crotia was safe for black tourist and dude was confused as shyt. I'm like look man I gotta ask these questions :usure:

Yeah my girl was white and from North France and she had a hard time comprehending that I didnt feel the same comfort level in some of the same places we went to that she did.

I have absolutely zero problems from my limited experience in Spain...I here there is some racism there but where in the world isn't there some racism :martin:... But in a tourists area im particularly alarmed when I come across some isms or even overt rudeness because its supposed to be all about the money in those places...

I personally wouldn't go to Ibiza cause the crowd seems too young for me(im mid 30s) but "younger" usually means "progressive" so I can't imagine there being a discrimination problem there.. Never been to Barcelona or Madrid but it should be cool too, as they are major cities... I plan on making it back that way some time in the future..

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I have to subscribe to this thread because I couldn't find it after my Montreal trip.

So I went to Montreal in early Oct. Out of 10 I'd rate it a 6.

Pros:
Very clean city
Good food
They have REAL bike lanes with 2 way lanes
Lots of parks

Cons:
The architecture outside of the Olde City , which is only like 4-5 blocks, is pure trash. Aesthetically the residential parts of Montreal reminds me of Northeast Philly, which ain't a good thing. I'm driving down the street like damn this looks just like Bustleton Ave. Basic ass twins with 2 feet of lawn in the front. And wtf is up with the spiral staircases OUTSIDE? :huhldup: trying climb those in the winter if it snows

The roads ARE HORRIBLE. No exaggeration, Montreal might have the worst paved roads I've ever drove in my life. There are also mad detours and construction going on.

Don't eat at the franchises out there. Tim Hortons is one thing, but there are a lot of spots like Huberts out there that will be packed and have you thinking the food is good but really it's like the French Canadian version of Applebees

And why didn't yall tell me there is a business down there called Desjardins?:ooh:
Everytime I saw it i went :blessed:

the potholes alone are the main reason why I refuse to get a new car and these nikkas think they will be doing construction during the winter:martin:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I'm an idiot. I just realized I can book these super cheap deals in cities like NYC and DC and get a cheap ticket from Atl to those cities :snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: Dip