Essential The Official Coli Travel Thread

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Here some pics from my trip to Maui. 7 days 6 nights. It was my 3rd time there. Weather is always perfect. Foods overpriced, but that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Crowded as kids are starting to get out of school and families are now on vacation. Hoping to get back in 2 years and get out and do some more hikes and explore some more.

bAq9gWT.jpg

v8UAcvZ.jpg

jshnmO8.jpg

VHGVFX9.jpg

bXZilxn.jpg

XqAAwE6.jpg

brwoKbv.jpg

wTsnjvC.jpg

TX8Ccy4.jpg

zTMgBTv.jpg

1qutN70.jpg

Dwz2Mfh.jpg

CNk3aJS.jpg

Spence

Superstar
Daps
@beejus do you not have a passport keeping you from going to a less populated Polynesian island? If I had a choice I wouldve flown right past Hawaii for Bora Bora/Tahiti/Rapa Nui etc.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
@beejus do you not have a passport keeping you from going to a less populated Polynesian island? If I had a choice I wouldve flown right past Hawaii for Bora Bora/Tahiti/Rapa Nui etc.

I have a passport. It's actually about to expire in August though :flabbynsick:. I would have loved to have flown right by Hawaii to any of those islands you mentioned. Problem is I have 2 kids below the age of 3. We had to get the grandparents to come watch them while we were gone. Money and time are an issue for us. Between kids in daycare and a mortgage I can't travel as much as I want to. Westin Maui sent an invitation to come stay with them for under $800 which included 5 nights, car, and $75 hotel voucher. Hard to pass up.

Polynesia is near the top of the list for us in the future.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maui is the shyt. @beejus did you make it to little beach?

I spent the first night in Makena so I was right there near Little Beach. I thought about going to Little Beach, but we were only in the area for about 24 hours. We talked about going back on Sunday when they have the big bonfire, but on Sunday we were on the other side of the island and couldn't be bothered to drive back.

@beejus @Idaeo any other hawaii goers, do you brehs surf? no :troll:

Surf/Sharks :martin:

I barely even got in the ocean. Problem with staying in a nice resort is we didn't want to leave the adult pool we were at. I did go watch some of the locals surf my last morning. It looks fun, but I don't skate/snowboard/surf. I'd end up looking like this if I tried.:dead:

I did bodyboard the first time i was there. I road some big waves and thought it was fun. Until I heard from someone who was there when a guy died from breaking his neck on a big wave. I'm not trying to die doing some extreme sports.

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
I spent the first night in Makena so I was right there near Little Beach. I thought about going to Little Beach, but we were only in the area for about 24 hours. We talked about going back on Sunday when they have the big bonfire, but on Sunday we were on the other side of the island and couldn't be bothered to drive back.

yeah that Sunday party is lit....literally. 100s of people, fire dancers...it was dope.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill

Surf/Sharks :martin:

I barely even got in the ocean. Problem with staying in a nice resort is we didn't want to leave the adult pool we were at. I did go watch some of the locals surf my last morning. It looks fun, but I don't skate/snowboard/surf. I'd end up looking like this if I tried.:dead:

I did bodyboard the first time i was there. I road some big waves and thought it was fun. Until I heard from someone who was there when a guy died from breaking his neck on a big wave. I'm not trying to die doing some extreme sports.
fear of sharks is my A1 obstacle, except for locals who would try to beat the shyt outta me for breaking protocol

i just love the ocean though, man, a pool doesn't do it for me after riding waves :yeshrug: but i feel you. im terrible on a surfboard, i look like someone trying to skateboard on waves (which is what im doing :heh: )

nah...I swim and snorkel but no surfing for me. I worry too much about hitting a rock or coral out there.
scuba is heavenly, i felt like i was on dope when i went underwater and breathed for the first time. coral horror stories got me shook too tho tbh, and i bet it's 10x dangerous in hawaii than a lot of other places

• Dap
Reactions: Sir

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
scuba is heavenly, i felt like i was on dope when i went underwater and breathed for the first time. coral horror stories got me shook too tho tbh, and i bet it's 10x dangerous in hawaii than a lot of other places

the coral in Hawaii is crazy depending on which island you're on. Maui isn't too bad...but Oahu was coral just past the shoreline. its makes it easy to snorkel almost anywhere, but your ass gets scraped up trying to snorkel in 4-5 ft water

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I'm going to either Belize or Costa Rica in a couple months. Anybody recommend any cities to hit up? I usually stay on a resort but I think I'm gonna rent a house this time.

Also I'd prefer to stay close to a large population of Afro Belizen or Afro Costa Ricans and close to the beach.