Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Scariest movie...

Ever???

:martin:

No.

Thats "The Exorcist."

:ufdup:

Exorcist ain’t been shyt to anybody born after 1990 :unimpressed:

That's the most UNSETTLING MOVIE ever. But SINISTER, that movie was scary.
SINISTER 2 was bullshyt but the original SINISTER, I would say that was in the top 6 of all time, early. @kdslittlebro

I remember liking it, but I don’t remember a lot of plot details :patrice: definitely remember liking what they did with the ending. I’ve never heard of Sinister 2, and if such a movie exists, it shouldn’t :hubie:

Might have to throw 1 in the queue

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Hilarious. I can't believe I forgot, I messed with this chick who was a horror fan but not hard-core but she liked scary movies. We watched High Tension and this broad and my older cousin who was at the crib at the time were both hiding behind furniture. They kept moving back, one moment they behind the couch peeking over it then they way back by the kitchen. By the end they were pretty much hiding behind the wall peeking around the corner. They couldn't stop watching but they were fukking terrified. :russ::russ::russ:
That would have highly annoyed me. I would have turned off the movie and told them to leave.
I cannot deal with theatrics when I'm watching movies, which is one of the reasons that I watch horror movies with a dedicated team (lol, my big brothers or father, and the 2-3 friends who will watch it off the strength of knowing that I'm watching and will be my company or I'll just watch alone, if it's a 4 night lighter like the "Sinister" movie was then I'll just sleep with a hall light on or my master bedroom bathroom light on). But all that jumping around and reactions, that's a pass. My aunt ruined my theater experience with Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2007 with all of her shock and awe loud reactions. She's hilarious but still. She had no business trying to watch a horror movie of that nature.
:deadmanny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
When I say the second one in that first paragraph, I'm talking about the second movie.

I agree that the second half was mostly effective. There's one scene that I absolutely loathe which is when the ghost kids run around the house "shh'ing." But to me the original is good all the way through besides that. I agree they rushed the conclusion a bit, but it worked to nail the surprise effectively. The first Sinister is a damned good horror for sure.

The sequel couldn't really play subtlety because the original twist was already known. So they ran the story and film watching from the kid's eyes instead. That could have been effective but they didn't do anything creative about it. It was just ghost children peer pressuring the living kid to watch some movies and then make his own. But what I did like was that they showed how the kid's home life made him feel alienated and susceptible and then the final sequence with the corn field included a bunch of viewpoint angles that were cool (it was choppy on the hardcuts though).

Breh:russ: to this day I still laugh about that when it randomly pops in my head
When the Strangers came out, my ex came with me to see it and almost had a full blown panic attack. We had to take a walk to the concession stand, eat some candy and take some deep breaths...she soldiered through the rest after that break though and refused to let me miss it. I made it up to her by going to watch the Twilight Movie with her a while later :mjgrin:

One of my ex's was very very mad at me for taking her to see the strangers lol. where she lived at the time in VA was eerily similar to where the movie took place and she was shook for a while.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
1. Color out of Space - 9
2. Host - 8
3. Green Room - 7
4. Sleepaway Camp - 9
5. Silent Hill - 6
6. Child's Play 2 - 8
7. Creep - 7
8. Hubie Halloween - 5.5
9. Bride of Chucky - 9
10. Curse of Chuck - 9.5
11. Cult of Chucky - 9.5
12. Child's Play - 7
13. Phantasm - 7.5
14. Scream 4 - 7
15. Psycho - 10
16. Halloween - 10
17. Black Christmas OG - 10
18. Haunting of Bly Manor - 8
19. Beetlejuice - 10
20. Get Out - 10

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@MartyMcFly please tell @Jello Biafra to stop messing with my movie moments - he doesn’t like The Collector, he’s downplaying Texas Chainsaw Massacre and now he hates Sinister; he’s mean and he’s stealing my joy - my few minutes of horror moments that are already few and far between because of this lockdown affecting everything - he’s being super extra and I don’t like it. Tell him to Just let me live in what I have to look forward to
:sadbron:
I didn't even say anything about Sinister.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Breh:russ: to this day I still laugh about that when it randomly pops in my head

One of my ex's was very very mad at me for taking her to see the strangers lol. where she lived at the time in VA was eerily similar to where the movie took place and she was shook for a while.

Fam, even I wasn't expecting the Strangers to be as intense as it was . I can't imagine how creepy that ish would be going back home to any kinda boonies or wooded area. Could be the nicest crib in the Poconos and I would want no parts of it if I just finished watching the Strangers :mjlol:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That's the most UNSETTLING MOVIE ever. I'll never watch Exorcist again in this lifetime. Like ever. But SINISTER, that movie was scary.
SINISTER 2 was bullshyt but the original SINISTER, I would say that was in the top 6 of all time, early. @kdslittlebro
The Bagul and the manner of death, the lawnmower scene, the end scene. That might be even in my top 2 scariest storylines and twisted endings of all time.

Most DISTURBING scene of all time, I would have to say that little boy with the Hat Lady adrenochroming him, in Dr. Sleep.
My brother and sister made sur3 that movie would stay with me.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fam, even I wasn't expecting the Strangers to be as intense as it was . I can't imagine how creepy that ish would be going back home to any kinda boonies or wooded area. Could be the nicest crib in the Poconos and I would want no parts of it if I just finished watching the Strangers :mjlol:
:deadrose::deadrose:
that part where they said - "Because you were home:demonic:" is the most disturbing reason to kill someone.
:picard:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I didn't even say anything about Sinister.
Bruh, I didn't even make a peep about Sinister.
oh my bad, that was @Flex Grossman with the Sinister retort.
I assumed that was you in my admitted moment of paranoia - sorry about that part.

my bad Marty, that was actually Flex with the "Sinister" comment. He sounded like a Jello comment/post. My disapproval of the comment confused the poster with the posted. (I know, I know, he's getting to my head again).

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
That would have highly annoyed me. I would have turned off the movie and told them to leave.
I cannot deal with theatrics when I'm watching movies, which is one of the reasons that I watch horror movies with a dedicated team (lol, my big brothers or father, and the 2-3 friends who will watch it off the strength of knowing that I'm watching and will be my company or I'll just watch alone, if it's a 4 night lighter like the "Sinister" movie was then I'll just sleep with a hall light on or my master bedroom bathroom light on). But all that jumping around and reactions, that's a pass. My aunt ruined my theater experience with Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2007 with all of her shock and awe loud reactions. She's hilarious but still. She had no business trying to watch a horror movie of that nature.
:deadmanny:
Yeah I feel ya but they weren't screaming or jumping around but as the movie went on they just kind of creeped away from the family room all while being totally into the movie. But the tension was so high, no pun, it left them breathless and on the edge the whole time. Never seen a movie do that to grown folks.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I assumed that was you in my admitted moment of paranoia - sorry about that part.

my bad Marty, that was actually Flex with the "Sinister" comment. He sounded like a Jello comment/post. My disapproval of the comment confused the poster with the posted. (I know, I know, he's getting to my head again).
I love sinister why am I catching strays here :dwillhuh:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
When the Strangers came out, my ex came with me to see it and almost had a full blown panic attack. We had to take a walk to the concession stand, eat some candy and take some deep breaths...she soldiered through the rest after that break though and refused to let me miss it. I made it up to her by going to watch the Twilight Movie with her a while later :mjgrin:
The way the camera panned from house to house in the opening gets me everytime. If that wasn't a tone setter right there....:wow:

Wish I was able to watch that one on the big screen. One of the freshest horror openings ever.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

:russ:
The way the camera panned from house to house in the opening gets me everytime. If that wasn't a tone setter right there....:wow:

Wish I was able to watch that one on the big screen. One of the freshest horror openings ever.
Fantastic in the theater because of the scene in the living room with Liv and the guy with the bag over his head. Hearing every person notice it at different moments and hearing those reactions. Whew

:deadrose::deadrose:
that part where they said - "Because you were home:demonic:" is the most disturbing reason to kill someone.
:picard:

Yup. Nihilism at its finest