Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fam, even I wasn't expecting the Strangers to be as intense as it was . I can't imagine how creepy that ish would be going back home to any kinda boonies or wooded area. Could be the nicest crib in the Poconos and I would want no parts of it if I just finished watching the Strangers :mjlol:

She got over it and actually likes the movie lol but she was tight for a while. That and Paranormal Activity are two of the best horror theater experiences ive ever had.

Paranormal Activity
The Strangers
The Ring
Insidious
Paranormal Activity 3
Blair Witch Project
It

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
She got over it and actually likes the movie lol but she was tight for a while. That and Paranormal Activity are two of the best horror theater experiences ive ever had.

Paranormal Activity
The Strangers
The Ring
Insidious
Paranormal Activity 3
Blair Witch Project
It

I really wish I coulda caught the Ring as a fresh theater experience. That tv screen payoff had to be incredible.

Paranormal Activity is the first one that always comes to mind for horror theater experiences for me too. That vibe gets lost when I watch it on small screen with a small group. That one and the Exorcist re-screening are two times where I could feel the ENTIRE audience tensing up at stuff. It's some rare magic.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I saw The Ring in theaters, but my homies and I smoked a blunt, and I was gone. I think I was 17. I was smoking a lot and movies were fun, but I was often so high, I was just befuddled. Same thing in Abandon. I was barely able to follow, even the threadbare plot of The Ring, but it was fun, I am sure I jumped too.

Also, saw The Blair Witch in theaters, which was a great experience, but not really a terrifying movie, but summer, horror movies in the mall with your friends, it didn't get much better.

Paranormal was a fun one too, saw by myself, but Insidious, also by myself, in an empty theater on a weeknight, was pretty intense, as I remember. The funniest part was when it ended, and that music started playing, I kind of ran out of the theater all fast through that little dark hall between the theater and the exit, and burst out, looking a little crazy. Perfect way to enjoy a scary movie.

Strangers wasn't quite as intense to me, as others felt it was, but it was fun. Saw in theaters.

What Lies Beneath, I saw alone in theaters when I was 14, and I kind of ran home, got lost, and spent half the night closing the door to my bathroom, and playing RR. Vol. 2.

Seeing scary movies alone is a great experience, for the horror fan.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Netflix foreign horror releases are giving Amazon Prime Originals a bit of competition out here. Still not beating Shudder.
Good upcoming entries nonetheless. We shall see.

cadaver-netflix.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cleansing Hour - Shudder (my bad if this has already been posted by anyone, I'm trying to keep up)
A live-stream exorcism goes viral in this bold, modern take on demonic possession. Millennial entrepreneurs, Max (Ryan Guzman) and Drew (Kyle Gallner) run a popular webcast that streams “live exorcisms” that are, in fact, elaborately staged hoaxes watched by millions. However, their fortunes take a turn when during one of their webcasts, Drew's fiancée (Alix Angelis) becomes mysteriously possessed by a real demon that takes the crew hostage. In front of a rapidly growing global audience, the demon subjects the crew to a series of violent and humiliating challenges that expose dark secrets they have been hiding from each other. Directed by Damien LeVeck.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
The Cleansing Hour - Shudder (my bad if this has already been posted by anyone, I'm trying to keep up)
A live-stream exorcism goes viral in this bold, modern take on demonic possession. Millennial entrepreneurs, Max (Ryan Guzman) and Drew (Kyle Gallner) run a popular webcast that streams “live exorcisms” that are, in fact, elaborately staged hoaxes watched by millions. However, their fortunes take a turn when during one of their webcasts, Drew's fiancée (Alix Angelis) becomes mysteriously possessed by a real demon that takes the crew hostage. In front of a rapidly growing global audience, the demon subjects the crew to a series of violent and humiliating challenges that expose dark secrets they have been hiding from each other. Directed by Damien LeVeck.

This was pretty good :ehh:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

The Cleansing Hour was really good.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
32 Malasana Street
Manolo and Candela settle in the neighborhood of Malasaña, in Madrid, with their three children and Grandpa Fermín. They have left behind their old village in search of the prosperity that the capital of a country in a transitional period seems to offer, but there is something the Olmedo family does not know: they are not alone in the house they have just bought. An unknown presence wants them out and wants to make their new life their worst nightmare.

Anyone seen this yet? I saw a couple reviews for it that were pretty positive. Lots of comparisons to Wan's horror movies.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

That one got me. I was not prepared. I was walking up the steps with a cup of juice in my hand when I browsed and clicked on this.. I jumped and so did the juice out my cup on to the carpet.... dammit Jello.
:deadrose::deadrose:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Neve Campbell hmmmm. Let’s take this back to May 2020 when you said that age wasn’t considered a “scream queen” . Your words come back to bite
:unimpressed:

The 40 and Over Scream Queens deserve some love too.

Barbara Crampton - Left the horror genre for a minute before returning with 2011's YOU'RE NEXT and she hasn't taken another break since.

Vera Farmiga - Dips her toe in the horror genre (and anchors one of the most successful horror franchises in THE CONJURING) while still doing mainstream stuff in features and TV.

Sarah Paulson - Like Vera Farmiga, Paulson goes between horror and mainstream as easily as she goes from television to the big screen.

Danielle Harris - Child actress turned Scream Queen. Harris has made horror movies her passion as an adult actor with a prolific list of horror credits.

Jaime King - The sleeper on this list but has a pretty extensive horror resume with her latest foray being as the lead of the Netflix zombie series BLACK SUMMER.

Lin Shay - Everyone's favorite spunky horror movie meemaw. Lynn Shay is so awesome that she has become the star of THE INSIDIOUS franchise despite her character being killed off in the first movie.

:wtb: You left off Neve Campbell and Sarah Michelle Gellar, Eliza Dushku, Elisha Cuthbert!!! We need another list of not over 40 but older than 30. My generation of GOATS
:blessed:

I was listing actresses over 40 who are currently doing horror.
None of the broads you listed have done horror recently.

Reign as Scream Queen in a 2020 article, I said this Back then and you said she wasn’t relevant

:patrice: :martin: