Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I refuse to watch anything rob Zombie is involved in since Halloween 2 off principal
The best subplot of our thread is you two and zombie :russ:

Even during blessed Halloween season, no detente in sight :wow:
I was talking about 3 From Hell with the utter garbage with no redeeming qualities comment.
He is a terrible filmmaker though and both of his Halloween movies were ass.
October 2019-
Bumped for coli Halloween thread reprisal season. #Neverforget
#Garbage Day
#Soon
:sas2:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm a fraud :dwillhuh: all this time I thought Shudder was some bargain bullshyt with obscure movies, come to find out this is more needed for me than Hulu
Shudder is a horror necessity. As a start up service years ago they lacked content bc it basically consisted of old content and recycled movies that An avid horror watcher has viewed but they’ve vastly improved since the early days. The “Originals” have been consistent. Definitely Shudder >>> Netflix, Hulu. Hulu is good for horror tv series. Netflix for intl horror programming.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shudder is a horror necessity. As a start up service years ago they lacked content bc it basically consisted of old content and recycled movies that An avid horror watcher has viewed but they’ve vastly improved since the early days. The “Originals” have been consistent. Definitely Shudder >>> Netflix, Hulu

I was watching an ad on an old Double Toasted and seeing the names on the site had me like :gucci: especially for Spooky Szn (whatever that means this yr :mjcry:)

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Gave this joint a try and it's got some good and bad to it. Behind the Trees: While on a romantic getaway in the Indian wilderness, a couple from Los Angeles accidentally witnesses the haunting exorcism of an 11-year old girl. They decide to rescue her.

Behind the Trees (2019) - IMDb

This one did a pretty strong job of building tension and mystery, the director is patient and that helps ratchet up the suspense in certain scenes. They introduce the little girl and she gives a bit of background in the form of stories that feel like urban legends "I'll tell you why you should never look behind you when you're walking through a forest..." type of stuff. She does this a couple of times and they were some of my favorite moments. They're subtle as hell, hinting at something menacing at the conclusion but not giving you the payoff away. Instead you get half the story now and the promise of a pay off later when situations are revisited.

But the patience also has drawbacks. We get ten or fifteen minutes of a romance to establish the main characters and when I say that, I mean that there's virtually nothing scary at all to start the movie off. Instead we get the start of what could be a romantic drama and then a hard pivot into the exorcism plot mentioned on the synopsis. That kinda thing can add layers to a story but it never ties back to the horror elements at all.

My other complaint, and it's one that could impact how people view the movie at the end of the day, is that the payoffs don't live up to the build-up. Like I said, there are some really nice suspenseful moments in this movie. The tension hits some legit high points, but I expected more from the actual reveals because the director did such a good job leading into them. I wanted some clever new angles to the story or a big cathartic scare. The movie doesn't land either of those; it's predictable and the big moments feel small in comparison to the time invested in them.

That really sucks too, because this feels like it got close with a lot of aspects. It's set in India and visually they kill it. But the characters don't get enough depth for the amount of time invested in them and the scares never reach a highpoint despite a steady creepy tone. It got close enough that I felt inclined to give it a write-up though...it coulda really hit.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

C7A3S4R.png

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Calm down Mr. McFly - give @kdslittlebro the leverage, at least he admitted that he had an enlightening moment and has officially shown an appreciation for the genre and shudder broadcasting. Let him feel free to join our discussions; everyone moves at their own pace
:ufdup:

@kdslittlebro a few more official questions - have you watched Devil’s Rejects? how do you feel about Halloween -2007, RZ remake? “3 From Hell” is currently airing in Shudder btw. Whose your favorite horror content creator/director? And from the Scream franchise - are you team Sydney or Kirby?
( No pressure, Take your time. just asking for a friend)
:lupe:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@kdslittlebro a few more official questions - have you watched Devil’s Rejects? how do you feel about Halloween -2007, RZ remake? “3 From Hell” is currently airing in Shudder btw. Whose your favorite horror content creator/director? And from the Scream franchise - are you team Sydney or Kirby?
VOWs2Q6.png

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Calm down Mr. McFly - give @kdslittlebro the leverage, at least he admitted that he had an enlightening moment and has officially shown an appreciation for the genre and shudder broadcasting. Let him feel free to join our discussions; everyone moves at their own pace
:ufdup:

Devil’s Rejects is my shyt, I didn’t watch the new one tho. My standards for slashers are pretty low I love them shyts :ohlawd: so I liked the Rob Zombie Halloween’s :lupe: I love what they did with the new one tho, that’s how you reboot. Craven is my favorite. Final answer

Don’t fukk with the original :mjlit:

Horror is my favorite genre overall, I just usually post in the movie threads when I watch em

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Devil’s Rejects is my shyt, I didn’t watch the new one tho. My standards for slashers are pretty low I love them shyts :ohlawd: so I liked the Rob Zombie Halloween’s :lupe: I love what they did with the new one tho, that’s how you reboot. Craven is my favorite. Final answer

Horror is my favorite genre overall, I just usually post in the movie threads when I watch em
Repped!!!! Great answers. You had me at Devil’s Rejects and Craven
:blessed:
giphy.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

When you watch horror movies, you should post here so they can be discussed.
:cheers::handshake: