Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Checked out THE WRETCHED yesterday and enjoyed it.

It's like FRIGHT NIGHT except it's set in the sticks and it swapped out vampires for a woodland witch plus it adds a pinch of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS for good measure.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Lodge -this self centered jerk of a father really is talking about getting married 6 months after his wife passes and expecting the kids to be receptive. Please tell me something bad happens to the stepmother, bad as in psychotic
The whole setup was dumb as hell.

So this guy's estranged wife kills herself and he thinks that 6 months is long enough for his kids to be ready to be alone with his mentally fragile ex-cult member girlfriend to babysit them alone at a creepy cabin in the middle of nowhere in the dead of a snowy winter.
:stopitslime:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

So this guy's estranged wife kills herself and he thinks that 6 months is long enough for his kids to be ready to be alone with his mentally fragile ex-cult member girlfriend to babysit them alone at a creepy cabin in the middle of nowhere in the dead of a snowy winter.
I’ll read your spoiler after I finish. I’m an hour in and I’m interested to see where this goes. I’m at the part where they wake up and all the food is gone, power is shut off , no phones, etc

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

now she decides it’s a good idea to go venturing out into a snowstorm with no coat and no sense of direction while leaving the kids home alone with no food. Then the father is not trying to call the kids on their phones to notice that if no one is answering it is a potential emergency with a psychotic gf who has witnessed a suicide cult
:francis:
and what in the hell is going on with the sound in this movie!!!? I can barely hear them talk in certain scenes but the organ and piano “jump scare” is obnoxiously loud
:hhh:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Looks like we have a new contender in the scream queen jr. category for The Blackcoat’s Daughter - I feel like I’ve seen her in horror or thriller movie current release or feature lately
Kiernan Shipka - Wikipedia

The new crop of "Scream Queens" are different than the once from back in the day because they don't seem to be pigeonholed in the horror genre at all. All of these actresses are doing other types of movie and TV with horror just being sprinkled in which is cool.:

Kiernan Shipka - CARRIERS; THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER; CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA; THE SILENCE

Lucy Hale - SCREAM 4; TRUTH OR DARE; FANTASY ISLAND

Emma Roberts - SCREAM 4; AMERICAN HORROR STORY; THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER; SCREAM QUEENS; THE HUNT

Olivia Cooke - THE SIGNAL; THE QUIET ONES; OUIJA; THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM; BATES MOTEL

Sharni Vinson - YOU'RE NEXT; BAIT; PATRICK; HOUSE ON WILLOW STREET

Taissa Farmiga - ANNA; THE FINAL GIRLS; AMERICAN HORROR STORY: THE NUN; WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE; 50 STATES OF FRIGHT

Alexandra Daddario - BEREAVEMENT; TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D; BURYING THE EX; AMERICAN HORROR STORY; WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE; WE SUMMON THE DARKNESS

Anya Taylor-Joy - THE WITCH; MORGAN; SPLIT; MARROWBONE

Chloë Grace Moretz - THE AMITYVILLE HORROR; ROOM 6; WICKED LITTLE THINGS; THE EYE; LET ME IN; DARK SHADOWS; CARRIE; SUSPIRIA; GRETA

Jane Levy - EVIL DEAD; DON'T BREATHE; OFFICE UPRISING; CASTLE ROCK;

Samara Weaving - ASH VS EVIL DEAD; MAYHEM; THE BABYSITTER; READY OR NOT

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Here’s what I briefly thought about The Lodge (2020):
thought it was decent enough to watch through - a few unexpected turn of events but the build up is very slow except for the opening scene, the conclusion was rushed imo. But I get why it moves slower bc it makes the last 30 mins seem more plausible. I wouldn’t say no to watching it - I could see why some people like it but I also understand those that hate it too. One of those movies that you need to see for yourself.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
FANTASY ISLAND is a terrible movie. It's like 27 different people worked on the script without ever interacting with one another and then they used a computer program to direct it.
You have the most direct opinions ever :dead::dead:.
I didn’t finish watching it yet.
But you said that you hated The Lodge, I thought it was okay but I definitely have no to low expectations for fantasy island. I just want to hate -watch at this point.