Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The new crop of "Scream Queens" are different than the once from back in the day because they don't seem to be pigeonholed in the horror genre at all. All of these actresses are doing other types of movie and TV with horror just being sprinkled in which is cool.:

Kiernan Shipka - CARRIERS; THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER; CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA; THE SILENCE

Lucy Hale - SCREAM 4; TRUTH OR DARE; FANTASY ISLAND

Emma Roberts - SCREAM 4; AMERICAN HORROR STORY; THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER; SCREAM QUEENS; THE HUNT

Olivia Cooke - THE SIGNAL; THE QUIET ONES; OUIJA; THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM; BATES MOTEL

Sharni Vinson - YOU'RE NEXT; BAIT; PATRICK; HOUSE ON WILLOW STREET

Taissa Farmiga - ANNA; THE FINAL GIRLS; AMERICAN HORROR STORY: THE NUN; WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE; 50 STATES OF FRIGHT

Alexandra Daddario - BEREAVEMENT; TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D; BURYING THE EX; AMERICAN HORROR STORY; WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE; WE SUMMON THE DARKNESS

Anya Taylor-Joy - THE WITCH; MORGAN; SPLIT; MARROWBONE

Chloë Grace Moretz - THE AMITYVILLE HORROR; ROOM 6; WICKED LITTLE THINGS; THE EYE; LET ME IN; DARK SHADOWS; CARRIE; SUSPIRIA; GRETA

Jane Levy - EVIL DEAD; DON'T BREATHE; OFFICE UPRISING; CASTLE ROCK;

Samara Weaving - ASH VS EVIL DEAD; MAYHEM; THE BABYSITTER; READY OR NOT
Great list !! Thanks. I’ve been a big fan of Alexandra Daddario ever since she had a guest spot on Always Sunny. It’s funny how she can so smoothly transition from comedy to horror and still retain her acting credibility for both genres .

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The new crop of "Scream Queens" are different than the once from back in the day because they don't seem to be pigeonholed in the horror genre at all. All of these actresses are doing other types of movie and TV with horror just being sprinkled in which is cool.:

Kiernan Shipka - CARRIERS; THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER; CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA; THE SILENCE

Emma Roberts - SCREAM 4; AMERICAN HORROR STORY; THE BLACKCOAT'S DAUGHTER; SCREAM QUEENS; THE HUNT

Olivia Cooke - THE SIGNAL; THE QUIET ONES; OUIJA; THE LIMEHOUSE GOLEM; BATES MOTEL

Taissa Farmiga - ANNA; THE FINAL GIRLS; AMERICAN HORROR STORY: THE NUN; WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE; 50 STATES OF FRIGHT

Alexandra Daddario - BEREAVEMENT; TEXAS CHAINSAW 3D; BURYING THE EX; AMERICAN HORROR STORY; WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE; WE SUMMON THE DARKNESS

Chloë Grace Moretz - THE AMITYVILLE HORROR; ROOM 6; WICKED LITTLE THINGS; THE EYE; LET ME IN; DARK SHADOWS; CARRIE; SUSPIRIA; GRETA

Miss me with Emma Roberts. I can’t stand her rat face in anything that she does and I heard that she has a horrible attitude so I guess it’s not much of a reach for her to play all those bytch they roles (and I don’t mean bytch in a good way) That Julia Roberts family connection must have served her well bc she singlehandedly ruined specific episodes of American Horror Story as far as I’m concerned.

Unlike Taissa Farmigia who can hold her own and doesn’t need her sister, Vera in order to stand in her own spotlight. I don’t think there’s anything that Vera or Taissa have acted in that I didn’t like. I would give Taissa the number 2 spot bc Alexandra is more expressive and dimensional. Next in my top 3 is Chloe - she plays the emo, darkly intense, troubled younger women flawlessly. So I see why she does well with her acting range. She goes from Diary of a wimpy Kid to Equalizer to an indie movie.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Lucy Hale is an up and coming imo, she still has to “prove” herself. Truth or Dare was meh, Fantasy Island looks cheesy. That’s not going to cut it for scream queen “teen”/young adult status.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

@MartyMcFly @23barretcity @storyteller @Flex Grossman @BXKingPin82 what are your rankings or top 3 off this list??

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think I'm gonna do a HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP double feature of the original and the remake.
Never watched the 1996 remake so I'm eager to see how heavily they've toned things down from the original.
Did it know there was a remake :ohhh:
@MartyMcFly @23barretcity @storyteller @Flex Grossman @BXKingPin82 what are your rankings or top 3 off this list??
Samara
Jane
Emma

those are my top 3. Samara kills every horror performance she has and she’s the best part of ready or not, which is a really dope flick.

Jane is spectacular in evil dead and I wish we got more of her in that role and more of that world. Even though I don’t like don’t breathe, she’s the one thing I do like about it. And she’s dope in castle rock

Emma is a vet at this point. Her work in American horror story and scream 4 is enough to put her top 10 on anyone’s list. Of all time actually

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Great list !! Thanks. I’ve been a big fan of Alexandra Daddario ever since she had a guest spot on Always Sunny. It’s funny how she can so smoothly transition from comedy to horror and still retain her acting credibility for both genres .

Alexandra is really underrated as an actress to me. Because she true detective and showed them thangs, it feels like a lot of cats just relegate her to eye candy status but she’s good in everything. Even that baywatch movie. We summon the darkness doesn’t work without her. I’m fact, that whole movie is pretty much on her shoulders

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The 40 and Over Scream Queens deserve some love too.

Barbara Crampton - Left the horror genre for a minute before returning with 2011's YOU'RE NEXT and she hasn't taken another break since.

Vera Farmiga - Dips her toe in the horror genre (and anchors one of the most successful horror franchises in THE CONJURING) while still doing mainstream stuff in features and TV.

Sarah Paulson - Like Vera Farmiga, Paulson goes between horror and mainstream as easily as she goes from television to the big screen.

Danielle Harris - Child actress turned Scream Queen. Harris has made horror movies her passion as an adult actor with a prolific list of horror credits.

Jaime King - The sleeper on this list but has a pretty extensive horror resume with her latest foray being as the lead of the Netflix zombie series BLACK SUMMER.

Lin Shay - Everyone's favorite spunky horror movie meemaw. Lynn Shay is so awesome that she has become the star of THE INSIDIOUS franchise despite her character being killed off in the first movie.

Daps
Reppin
Denver

Barbara Crampton - Left the horror genre for a minute before returning with 2011's YOU'RE NEXT and she hasn't taken another break since.

Vera Farmiga - Dips her toe in the horror genre (and anchors one of the most successful horror franchises in THE CONJURING) while still doing mainstream stuff in features and TV.

Sarah Paulson - Like Vera Farmiga, Paulson goes between horror and mainstream as easily as she goes from television to the big screen.

Danielle Harris - Child actress turned Scream Queen. Harris has made horror movies her passion as an adult actor with a prolific list of horror credits.

Jaime King - The sleeper on this list but has a pretty extensive horror resume with her latest foray being as the lead of the Netflix zombie series BLACK SUMMER.

Lin Shay - Everyone's favorite spunky horror movie meemaw. Lynn Shay is so awesome that she has become the star of THE INSIDIOUS franchise despite her character being killed off in the first movie.
The Legend Jamie Lee Curtis gotta be on the list since she’s back in the Halloween franchise

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Next up - I’m crossing over the pond to the U.k. (Hulu and amazon prime)
“In the wake of her son's disapperance, Eve Caleigh moves her family from London to the north of England in a bid to escape the trauma of their loss.”

MV5BYjA5ZWI5NGMtMTdjZC00MTA5LTg1YWQtYmM5OTY2MmE5M2FkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjExMjk0ODk@._V1_UY1200_CR107,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

:wtb: You left off Neve Campbell and Sarah Michelle Gellar, Eliza Dushku, Elisha Cuthbert!!! We need another list of not over 40 but older than 30. My generation of GOATS
:blessed: