Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The Ring definitely fits that category, considering that it also had the pg-13 rating- unprecedented imo and still has yet to be topped all of these years later

The funny thing is I added the Ring after realizing my list was gonna have anything from 2000 on. The Ring was my sure thing, Saw I thought of as reaching but close enough. It's also the rare movie that I rate better than it's original foreign counterpart.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Devil’s Rejects
8ECe2eC.png

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
No. I didn’t even know there was a directors cut!

@Jello Biafra puts a sci- fi movie on a top 5 horror list . He loses credibility.
:aicmon::camby:
(I’ll be back after this work project to address that blasphemy)
THE ARRIVAL is a science fiction movie.
Now if the aliens in THE ARRIVAL began implanting eggs in Jeremy Renner that then burst out of his chest in the form of an acid spewing monster that began to kill people and if Forrest Whitaker sacrificed himself to that alien monster to save the lemony fresh whiteness of Amy Adams so that she could then play Final Girl against the alien monster, I would consider it a horror movie just like I (and the rest of the cinema loving world) consider ALIEN to be a horror movie.
11E2GOJ.jpeg

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
This is trending on Twitter so I figured lets do our spin on it: Five perfect horror movies. Everyone. Go!

Halloween
The Thing
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dawn of the Dead
The Conjuring

non-american edition:
Spoorloos (Kubrick considered it horror so fukk it so am i)
Onibaba
Deep Red
Videodrome
Cure

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
What's y'all off the radar horror movies y'all checking for??

Honestly I liked
Trick r treat
Krampus
Maximum overdrive
Killer clowns from outer space

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
THE ARRIVAL is a science fiction movie.
Now if the aliens in THE ARRIVAL began implanting eggs in Jeremy Renner that then burst out of his chest in the form of an acid spewing monster that began to kill people and if Forrest Whitaker sacrificed himself to that alien monster to save the lemony fresh whiteness of Amy Adams so that she could then play Final Girl against the alien monster, I would consider it a horror movie just like I (and the rest of the cinema loving world) consider ALIEN to be a horror movie.
11E2GOJ.jpeg
Alien by the term itself suggest science fiction. When we think of terrestrial beings - we think, science. However graphic a chestbuster may be, that is still a concept of an alien being- again, science. Science is technical , ie robots, alternate life forms, planets, NOT of this earth and beyond the understanding of those that do not possess the technical expertise. What was Ridley’s occupation?? What was the standout feature in ALIENS ??!! The robot synth who could mimic humans ie.. scientific technology. It is sci-fi/action. All of your flowery words and adjectives doesn’t change the premise of the movie ... just bc an alien monstrosity scared you, doesn’t make it scary in the sense of horror or terror.
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What's y'all off the radar horror movies y'all checking for??

Honestly I liked
Trick r treat
Krampus
Maximum overdrive
Killer clowns from outer space
Maximum Overdrive is classic
:deadrose::dead:
There’s a remake- “Trucks”
There’s a movie called, The Car that’s on Netflix
AAAABY-Hqa07ag-NK1aCFpbooYbO7Nl6S4KDzgAfLjL4g4gWPn9Aad92ilB4zY4HPY7tOHNokuK0bg-M3VH_Z7xCx7Vyuuky.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
do you think the same about The Thing?
No. That was a monster film and it didn’t take place in the confines of outer space. There wasn’t the tech/sci fi element as there is with Aliens. The guys like The Thing though. I wasn’t that into it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Alien by the term itself suggest science fiction. When we think of terrestrial beings - we think, science. However graphic a chestbuster may be, that is still a concept of an alien being- again, science. Science is technical , ie robots, alternate life forms, planets, NOT of this earth and beyond the understanding of those that do not possess the technical expertise. What was Ridley’s occupation?? What was the standout feature in ALIENS ??!! The robot synth who could mimic humans ie.. scientific technology. It is sci-fi/action. All of your flowery words and adjectives doesn’t change the premise of the movie ... just bc an alien monstrosity scared you, doesn’t make it scary in the sense of horror or terror.
tenor.gif
That's nonsense.
ALIEN is a survival horror monster movie that just happens to be set on a space ship.
Which is why it is sci-fi/horror just like THE THING, EVENT HORIZON, LIFE FORCE, etc.

By your metric all comedy/horror movies are strictly comedy.