Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Did anyone catch Cursed Films latest episode on Shudder? Twilight Zone:The Movie.
That’s probably the first movie I wouldn’t say was “cursed”, that was just the culmination of a series of bad decisions. John Landis - contracting little kids to work at 2:30am and bad direction; the helicopter pilot, pyrotechnics, the set design, the parents for allowing their kids to film a movie at night, Pure Tragedy. I didn’t think they would show the full impact of the accident as it happened - first time I saw that.
Yup saw that. Heard a lot about that case and trial over the years. That episode didn’t even cover half of it tho. Obviously they didn’t have the time but yeah it’s deep. Just google the movie and landis. You’ll go down the rabbit hole

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Yup saw that. Heard a lot about that case and trial over the years. That episode didn’t even cover half of it tho. Obviously they didn’t have the time but yeah it’s deep. Just google the movie and landis. You’ll go down the rabbit hole
They really needed to make these episodes an hour long. By the time they get to the backstory of the incidents - it feels rushed. I’ll google it - did Landis produce more movies after that or did he decline , they said Spielberg cut off all ties and they never spoke again.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They really needed to make these episodes an hour long. By the time they get to the backstory of the incidents - it feels rushed. I’ll google it - did Landis produce more movies after that or did he decline , they said Spielberg cut off all ties and they never spoke again.
He sure did. He recovered. Directed coming to America a few years after the incident.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NPR Choice page

Stephen King Is Sorry You Feel Like You're Stuck In A Stephen King Novel
In his 1978 novel The Stand, author Stephen King wrote about a viral pandemic that decimated the world's population. And he gets it when fans say experiencing the COVID-19 outbreak feels like stepping into one of his horror stories.

"I keep having people say, 'Gee, it's like we're living in a Stephen King story,' " he says. "And my only response to that is, 'I'm sorry.' "
A pandemic like COVID-19 was "bound to happen," King says. "There was never any question that in our society, where travel is a staple of daily life, that sooner or later, there was going to be a virus that was going to communicate to the public at large."

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This can’t be life. No shame.

That's Charles Band's company. Man is basically one of horror's last true hustlers. Him and Roger Corman. These dudes put together movies quickly, cheaply, and don't mind them being exploitative at all. In fact, the more exploitative, the better.

Here's some Charles Band pics just for an example:

Puppet Master
Tourist Trap
Laserblast
Castle Freak
Troll
From Beyond
Ghoulies
Ghoulies 2

That's just a bit. they're all of varying quality but the one thing they have in common is their willingness to break taboos

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starting a horror reading series - Urban Legends for each state. First state:
1. Alabama
Hell’s Gate Bridge (Oxford, Alabama)
Hells Gate Bridge

The generally accepted story of Hell's Gate Bridge starts in the 1950s. A young couple driving over the bridge somehow drove their car off the bridge one night and both drowned.

There are two legendsassociated with Hell's Gate Bridge — one, that if you drive your car out to the middle of the bridge and turn off the lights, the couple will magically appear in your car and leave a wet spot on the seat. The other, which is how the bridge got its name, is the belief that if you drive over the bridge and look over your shoulder halfway through, the scenery behind you turns into a portal to hell engulfed in flames.

Potentially to curb ghost hunters and bored teenagers, Hell's Gate Bridge is closed to cars, and in such disrepair that walking across is strongly discouraged.

Bridge-1.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hell’s Gate Bridge earned its name because many people believe that when you stop on the bridge and glance over your shoulder, the road behind you resembles the fiery gates of Hell. Several locals have experienced this over the years.

other “haunted” places in Alabama;
1. Sloss Furnaces - Birmingham, Alabama
AL-Hauntings-1-700x467.jpg

James "Slag" Wormwood, a foreman during the graveyard shift in the early 1900’s, was over a crew of nearly 150 workers. Wormwood was known to be quite cruel, ordering his crew to take on dangerous risks to speed up production. While he was in charge, 47 crew members lost their lives. In 1906, Wormwood fell into a huge pool of melted iron ore and died. After Wormwood's death, workers felt an "evil" presence at Sloss. In 1926, a night watchman was pushed from behind and injured. In 1947, three supervisors were found locked in a boiler room, unconscious. Supposedly, a badly burned man approached them and told them to get back to work. Over the years, there have been more than 100 reports of paranormal activity at Sloss Furnaces recorded by the Birmingham police.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is trending on Twitter so I figured lets do our spin on it: Five perfect horror movies. Everyone. Go!

Halloween
The Thing
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dawn of the Dead
The Conjuring
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
ALIEN
DAWN OF THE DEAD
THE SHINING
THE THING