Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
'Esther,' a prequel to 2009 horror 'Orphan' is in the works, from 'The Boy' director William Brent Bell. This is going to be decent-
With his sequel set to open this weekend, STX’s Brahms: The Boy II, William Brent Bell will next direct Esther, a prequel to to Warner Bros.’/Dark Castle’s 2009 genre pic Orphan for eOne. Sierra/Affinity is also launching sales at the Berlin Film Festival.
The prequel is written by David Coggeshall. In it, Lena Klammer orchestrates a brilliant escape from a Russian psychiatric facility and travels to America by impersonating the missing daughter of a wealthy family. But Lena’s new life as “Esther” comes with an unexpected wrinkle and pits her against a mother who will protect her family at any cost. Filming is expected to start in the third quarter.

Everything is going to hinge on the casting of young Esther because Isabelle Fuhrman was the best thing about ORPHAN and she's aged out of being able to pull of the fake kid role.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
To be fair they’re on some super drug that basically makes them zombies
85% on Rotten Tomatoes - I'll be watching this tonight.
Is Apple TV just the app that I can download for streaming? or do I actually need an apple device to watch it on..?:old: I can't keep up with all this right now :palm:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everything is going to hinge on the casting of young Esther because Isabelle Fuhrman was the best thing about ORPHAN and she's aged out of being able to pull of the fake kid role.
Isabelle was very good in this, but I don't think her "it" factor will make or break the movie as long as they find a good child actor that not too "cutesy" or over the top and call pull off the references in the right way. It's a prequel, so it depends on the storyline they come up with - will she actually be a little girl, a teen or the younger version of her adult self from Orphan.
I don't know who this is - but they need to find a little girl like her:
tenor.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'll play... I could use the distraction - (But do not choose Jaws, No Jaws entries)
Choose between -
1. The Shallows
2. Open Water
3. 47 Meters Down
4. Deep Blue Sea
5. The Meg
6. The Reef
7. Sharknado
and what's your favorite man v killer? The years after Jaws conquered the box office in 1975 saw an onslaught of man-versus-killer-animal films like Tentacles (killer octopus), Piranha (killer fish), Grizzly (killer bear), Alligator (killer ’gator), and Orca (killer killer whale)

None of these shark movies scared me (except for Jaws but that's no bueno under these rules) so I'll just list the shark flicks I enjoyed:

1. THE SHALLOWS
2. BAIT
3. 47 METERS DOWN
4. THE REEF
5. DEEP BLUE SEA

Favorite Man vs Killer Animal movies (minus sharks):

1. ORCA
2. THE GREY
3. CRAWL
4. PIRANHA 3-D
5. BLACK WATER

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
after a string of bad news and series of sad events this week, This calls for a toast !!!

I'm happy to hear this - epic!!
250a7190d1f5cc0ee8895e42c1185f62.gif

Rob Zombie with the sleeper hits, as usual... ohhhhhh @Jello Biafra .. did you hear the news ^^^^^ :sas1:what say you sir.
Hate to say that I told you so (yeah, right).. buttttt, you can't underestimate the master of grimy time independent horror. Told you:popcorn::popcorn3::evil:
17672.gif
Not surprising, Donald Trump is president and people listen to Post Malone's music...this country is full of white trash who like white trash entertainment. :manny:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not surprising, Donald Trump is president and people listen to Post Malone's music...this country is full of white trash who like white trash entertainment. :manny:
Wrong - they're not his type of crowd. They lack the brain power to be able to understand his movies. He's anti-redneck, he makes fun of the rednecks and white trash elements in his movies, that's what make them so good - the horrors of being a white redneck and how low-level and void of any morality is what his aim is. Ever heard of satire and irony?? Lol at you completely ignoring that he has black fans of his movies to push your wrong position - Give it up, it's the most popular movie on Shudder. Deal with it..
IK9bH.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
No one liked it??? This one I was actually hoping to be much better and get better reviews than the first film. That's disappointing to know. Why are they saying it was so bad?

Here's a pair of reviews, I like looking at a few different perspectives on these things anyway (part of the reason I love this thread) and then I like seeing where views overlap. These two usually give pretty sincere takes and I get where they come from on opinions even when I don't agree. The main thing I got from them both is that they had to sort of force things to make a sequel possible, which makes sense considering how the first one closed out imo. The other thing they both allude to is that the scares are more tropey than original. That said, I still think I'll give this a chance because I liked what they tried with the original but the subtlety was something I really appreciate in that first one and sounds like it's gone from this one.

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
Anyone seen Three From Hell yet?

Is it as good as House of a Thousand Corpses & Devils Rejects?

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wrong - they're not his type of crowd. They lack the brain power to be able to understand his movies. He's anti-redneck, he makes fun of the rednecks and white trash elements in his movies, that's what make them so good - the horrors of being a white redneck and how low-level and void of any morality is what his aim is. Ever heard of satire and irony?? Lol at you completely ignoring that he has black fans of his movies to push your wrong position - Give it up, it's the most popular movie on Shudder. Deal with it..
IK9bH.gif
The most popular movie on Shudder is like being the sexiest person on 600 Pound Life...it's a tiny niche demo that means nothing in the grand scheme of things.