Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I'll play... I could use the distraction - (But do not choose Jaws, No Jaws entries)
Choose between -
1. The Shallows
2. Open Water
3. 47 Meters Down
4. Deep Blue Sea
5. The Meg
6. The Reef
7. Sharknado
and what's your favorite man v killer? The years after Jaws conquered the box office in 1975 saw an onslaught of man-versus-killer-animal films like Tentacles (killer octopus), Piranha (killer fish), Grizzly (killer bear), Alligator (killer ’gator), and Orca (killer killer whale)

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'll play... I could use the distraction - (But do not choose Jaws, No Jaws entries)
Choose between the Best and Worst.
1. The Shallows
2. Open Water
3. 47 Meters Down
4. Deep Blue Sea
5. The Meg
6. The Reef
7. Sharknado
and what's your favorite man v killer? The years after Jaws conquered the box office in 1975 saw an onslaught of man-versus-killer-animal films like Tentacles (killer octopus), Piranha (killer fish), Grizzly (killer bear), Alligator (killer ’gator), and Orca (killer killer whale)

My Best pick is The Reef and 47 Meters Down - very dark, depressing films that relied on tension and environment rather than a serial killer shark per se throughout the film. It took on your most valid fears being trapped in the middle of the ocean but within sight of land, but we all know that the eye is deceiving (what you think is a few miles away, could be much further than anticipated) The decision of what to risk, should I stay or go and the "but ifs" But if I try to swim for land, will the shark show itself - if I don't leave, will I remain trapped at sea to deal with the elements of nature. Extremes are weighed. Along with a host of dumb decisions by the victims, in their self-appointed leader. 47 Meters down - THAT ENDING.. wowww, enough said.

Worst pick - is actually not Sharknado (movie is hilariously bad). Worse is Deep Blue Sea - they didn't have to do Samuel Jackson like that but let LL Cool J escape with his pet parrot

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Film Historian Reviews Black People In Horror Movies @MartyMcFly the same producer as Horror Noire.
States that her mother was her primary influence in horror. Her mom was a civil rights activist who hit by a tear gas in her face and wore dark glasses to cover up her deformity from the incident. Realized that her mother "uses horror movies as a way of coping with trauma, to soothe herself from anger, trauma and fears".
Relatable.
:mjcry:

This reminds me I need to buy her book. Seriously. I’m slacking.

oh you’ll be happy to know 3 from hell is the most watched non October premiere in shudder. Ever.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Am I the only one :old:who remember this:mjlol:
Goosebumps author @RL_Stine to write Garbage Pail Kids book series:
Two of the biggest gateways to horror in the ‘80s are '90s are joining forces as Goosebumps and Fear Street writer R.L. Stine will author books based on Topps’ gross-out trading cards, Garbage Pail Kids.

EW reports that Stein has signed a deal with Abrams’ Children’s Books to publish three middle-grade books. Welcome to Smellville will kick off the line on October 6.

In Stine’s vision, the Garbage Pail Kids are gross and weird and strange, but they’re not bad kids — they just don’t know any better. Welcome to Smellville introduces Adam Bomb, Brainy Janie, Junkfood John, and Nervous Rex as they get into mischief, battling bullies and their archenemies, the Perfects.
-------
I'm buying these books for my kids - new generation to pass this on to. :sadcam:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:camby:I don't trust you or @Jello Biafra 's opinion on this :francis:

I gotta be honest, I've watched a few youtube reviewers that I like and nobody liked it. It sounds like a cash grab and two of the reviewers pretty much said, "if you liked the first one, don't expect this to be like that one" which worries me because I didn't hate the first one, didn't love it but it was solid.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This reminds me I need to buy her book. Seriously. I’m slacking.

oh you’ll be happy to know 3 from hell is the most watched non October premiere in shudder. Ever.
after a string of bad news and series of sad events this week, This calls for a toast !!!

I'm happy to hear this - epic!!
250a7190d1f5cc0ee8895e42c1185f62.gif

Rob Zombie with the sleeper hits, as usual... ohhhhhh @Jello Biafra .. did you hear the news ^^^^^ :sas1:what say you sir.
Hate to say that I told you so (yeah, right).. buttttt, you can't underestimate the master of grimy time independent horror. Told you:popcorn::popcorn3::evil:
17672.gif

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
after a string of bad news and series of sad events this week, This calls for a toast !!!

I'm happy to hear this - epic!!
250a7190d1f5cc0ee8895e42c1185f62.gif

Rob Zombie with the sleeper hits, as usual... ohhhhhh @Jello Biafra .. did you hear the news ^^^^^ :sas1:what say you sir.
Hate to say that I told you so.. buttttt, you can't underestimate the master of grimy time independent horror.
17672.gif
Well I hope you have a better friday. Seriously, just find some dope horror to watch tonight. Get your mind right and relax as best you can

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I gotta be honest, I've watched a few youtube reviewers that I like and nobody liked it. It sounds like a cash grab and two of the reviewers pretty much said, "if you liked the first one, don't expect this to be like that one" which worries me because I didn't hate the first one, didn't love it but it was solid.
No one liked it??? This one I was actually hoping to be much better and get better reviews than the first film. That's disappointing to know. Why are they saying it was so bad?

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA TODAY - has a ranking of the 2020 movies out so far and 2020 horror movies to come, if interested.
'Brahms: The Boy II': Every horror movie of 2020, definitively ranked
Horror movie guide 2020: Must-sees from 'Halloween Kills' to 'Saw'
Halloween Kills’ leads a murderers' row of favorites

Horror series are harder to kill than an ‘80s slasher, and there are plenty be had in 2020, including a new entry of “A Quiet Place.” Writer/director John Krasinski’s “Part II” (in theaters March 20) leads the way, with Emily Blunt as a widowed mom venturing into a post-apocalyptic landscape and keeping her kids safe from monsters. Family is also at the core of “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” (July 10), continuing the canon of the 1980s films with a small-town clan learning their place in Ghostbusters legacy.

“The Purge 5” (July 10) is the last installment of the thought-provoking series centering on a dystopian America where residents are given one night a year to go on murderous crime sprees. Speaking of survival, the sequel “Escape Room 2” (Aug. 14) puts another group of young strangers in a solve-the-puzzles-or-die situation.
One of the hottest horror franchises around is “The Conjuring” universe, and the third installment – subtitled “The Devil Made Me Do It” (Sept. 11) – returns its paranormal investigators (Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga) with a case involving a murder suspect claiming demonic possession. ("Conjuring" guru James Wan rolls out his new original horror project, "Malignant," on Aug. 14 with a plot still very much under wraps.)

For something a bit more classic, though, “Halloween Kills” (Oct. 16) follows the successful 2018 revival with Curtis’ final girl Laurie Strode ready for another round against her murderous arch-fiend.

With “The Invisible Man” (Feb. 28), a classic Universal Monster is tweaked in a thriller starring Elisabeth Moss as a woman whose supposedly dead husband is trying to drive her batty. Similarly, Chris Rock stars in and produces a “Saw” reboot (May 15) while “Get Out” mastermind Jordan Peele unearths a new take on the socially relevant “Candyman” (June 12), exploring gentrified Chicago and a vengeful, hook-handed horror villain.

Run Sweetheart Run” (spring 2020) imagines a young woman (Ella Balinska) on a first date from hell. Russell Crowe also gets to flex some fearsome muscles as a guy who rampages on a mother (Caren Pistorius) after she honks at him in the road-rage thriller “Unhinged” (Aug. 28).

He’s gone zombie before with the hilarious “Shaun of the Dead,” but director Edgar Wright’s “Last Night in Soho” (Sept. 25) leans more into psychological horror with a flick that takes place mostly in 1960s London

Much like “Venom” put a Spider-Man character in a creepy context, “Morbius” (July 31) promises to do the same, starring Jared Leto as a biochemist who tries to cure his rare blood disorder and instead turns himself into a vampire.