Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
What a complete crock of shyt I wish someone had stopped me from watching this piece of shyt film I couldn't possibly rain enough criticism on this

I would've been completely justified in walking out of this movie, but I kept hoping that there would be at least one redeemable second in this movie. It's like I was in the universe where Aster or Eggers were talentless directors; a reality where all the generalizations imposed on the horror genre were actually true. Poor dialogue, suspenseless, unimaginative, boring, and not fukkin scary especially.

There's no way the director was a fan of horror before they made the lodge. I can only imagine that this director was forced to make this film.

108 minutes fukk u stupid dumb fukkin movie bullshyt
:picard:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
‘Friday the 13th Part III’ Playing on the Big Screen in 3D in Philadelphia This March
Jz5Q3rG.jpg

If you’ve been dying to experience Friday the 13th: Part III as it was meant to be seen, Landmark’s Ritz East in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has got you covered next month.

On Friday, March 13th, Steve Miner’s Friday the 13th: Part III will be projected from an original 35mm film print and using state of the art 3D visors and technology.

Don’t miss this rare opportunity to watch the classic horror sequel in three bloody dimensions. You can grab your tickets today through the official Landmark Theatres website.

‘Friday the 13th Part III’ Playing on the Big Screen in 3D in Philadelphia This March

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
UNCAGED
y7SRcso.jpg

Lizzy, a zoo veterinarian, gets caught up in a grisly adventure as she finds herself leading the city-wide hunt for a monstrous lion terrorizing the Dutch capital of Amsterdam. With notorious British big game hunter Jack, Lizzy must work together to prevent more bloodshed… the hunt is on.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So I figured out my issue with Eli Roth’s movies. And it’s something I realized in how he talks about movies and growing up: he uses “you” a lot and that is indicative of his approach to film. Let me explain.

When he’s talking about his experiences growing up and watching movies, he says stuff like “you’d be sitting there watching this movie..” or “you’d come home turn on the tv and you’d see these lunatics on screen.” Now aside from my pet peeve of being labeled and put in a group lol, it grates me because it shows he doesn’t really have a perspective for his movies. He believes, truly believes, that the things he’s into or the things he did are shared experiences amongst all of us, so he can just copy that thing he loved growing up because we all loved it. But in copying, he doesn’t stop to make it his own. That’s illustrated in Death Wish and the green inferno and cabin fever to an extent. There’s no voice, no perspective, just lazy shorthand

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Sarah Paulson is a Mom With Sinister Secrets in ‘Searching’ Director’s New Thriller ‘Run’

bidjVqs.jpg

You can’t escape a mother’s love.

Headed our way this Mother’s Day is Run, the new thriller from Searching director Aneesh Chaganty, and Entertainment Weekly has exclusively debuted the film’s trailer this morning.

“American Horror Story” vet Sarah Paulson plays a mother raising her teen daughter (Kiera Allen) in isolation. Chloe’s life begins to unravel as she discovers her mom’s sinister secret.

Speaking with EW, Paulson says her character was at least partially inspired by Piper Laurie’s performance as an evil, overprotective mom in Carrie, though what’s interesting about the trailer is that it almost immediately reminds of another Stephen King icon: Annie Wilkes. In particular, the plot of Run feels quite similar to the second season of “Castle Rock,” which primarily centered on the tense relationship between Wilkes and her teenage daughter.

All the signs are telling Chloe to run away from her mom. The only problem? She can’t.

Run will be released for Mother’s Day weekend on May 8th, 2020.

Trailer is on the Bloody Disgusting site.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
My Letterboxd review of The Lodge:

This movie in a nutshell....

The Lodge: Hey Hereditary! Mind if I cheat off of your test?

Hereditary: Sure, but make sure to change some answers.

The Lodge: Ok bet.

This movie is a lower level hereditary rip off, from the opening scene, long shots, spotlighting a cult, religious themes (HEAVY handed with the religion), the brother/sister combo, and more. The twist was dumb, and the ending was even dumber.

This had no real business being made to be honest, save your time.
:deadmanny::dead:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
First episode is free on Amazon Prime brehs. I enjoyed it though, the tension built nicely towards the end
I definitely would like to see the direction of where they are going with this - it was a good build up at the end.
The dude that got put in the back of the truck was in the safest place possible for this to go down.
:russ:I missed the part of how he got in there - I remember his friend was picked up when he ran off, was that the police or security who grabbed him up?

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
'Esther,' a prequel to 2009 horror 'Orphan' is in the works, from 'The Boy' director William Brent Bell. This is going to be decent-
With his sequel set to open this weekend, STX’s Brahms: The Boy II, William Brent Bell will next direct Esther, a prequel to to Warner Bros.’/Dark Castle’s 2009 genre pic Orphan for eOne. Sierra/Affinity is also launching sales at the Berlin Film Festival.
The prequel is written by David Coggeshall. In it, Lena Klammer orchestrates a brilliant escape from a Russian psychiatric facility and travels to America by impersonating the missing daughter of a wealthy family. But Lena’s new life as “Esther” comes with an unexpected wrinkle and pits her against a mother who will protect her family at any cost. Filming is expected to start in the third quarter.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Film Historian Reviews Black People In Horror Movies @MartyMcFly the same producer as Horror Noire.
States that her mother was her primary influence in horror. Her mom was a civil rights activist who hit by a tear gas in her face and wore dark glasses to cover up her deformity from the incident. Realized that her mother "uses horror movies as a way of coping with trauma, to soothe herself from anger, trauma and fears".
Relatable.
:mjcry: