Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Watched “Come to Daddy” - started well, some funny moments, but third act collapsed on itself. Little too cocky in the narrative choices which were very on-the-nose. Some were entertaining, most were frustrating. I really liked the first act up through the first half or two-thirds of the runtime but it veers into pretty stupid and cliche territory toward the end. McHattie was really good in it

Worth the trip to see it? I was thinking about going Sunday or Monday, got a season pass so the cost ain't a worry.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
What a complete crock of shyt I wish someone had stopped me from watching this piece of shyt film I couldn't possibly rain enough criticism on this

I would've been completely justified in walking out of this movie, but I kept hoping that there would be at least one redeemable second in this movie. It's like I was in the universe where Aster or Eggers were talentless directors; a reality where all the generalizations imposed on the horror genre were actually true. Poor dialogue, suspenseless, unimaginative, boring, and not fukkin scary especially.

There's no way the director was a fan of horror before they made the lodge. I can only imagine that this director was forced to make this film.

108 minutes fukk u stupid dumb fukkin movie bullshyt

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
What a complete crock of shyt I wish someone had stopped me from watching this piece of shyt film I couldn't possibly rain enough criticism on this

I would've been completely justified in walking out of this movie, but I kept hoping that there would be at least one redeemable second in this movie. It's like I was in the universe where Aster or Eggers were talentless directors; a reality where all the generalizations imposed on the horror genre were actually true. Poor dialogue, suspenseless, unimaginative, boring, and not fukkin scary especially.

There's no way the director was a fan of horror before they made the lodge. I can only imagine that this director was forced to make this film.

:picard::picard:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@Yahweh Ben Yahweh and anyone else -
If you’re looking for a decent cult - horror series, watch The Sinner season 2. Netflix. It’s an anthology - you don’t have to watch season 1, it’s a separate story
v1.dDszMjUxODI7ajsxODM0NjsxMjAwOzIyMDA7MzMwMA

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris

Lmaoo

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Worth the trip to see it? I was thinking about going Sunday or Monday, got a season pass so the cost ain't a worry.
It’s iiiight, Australian/NZ horrors are so often totally unaware of how cringey they come off. I have some theories about why, but I will keep them to myself :russ: I mostly just think that their tastes and ideas for movies align more with the tactile aspects of horror without digging deeper in to the themes of the classics that these filmmakers are so obviously influenced by. I try to think of what my perspective would be if the “western” world were very far away but still spoke and acted in a similar manner. Their horror feels like uninformed replications of 70s/80s classics that often miss the point and are too “on the nose”.

There some recent Aussie horrors that straight up fukking suck, like “hounds of love” for one example. This one was a bit better at grasping an atmosphere and creating somewhat believable characters but still had many laughably dumb moments that the director seemed like he thought were strokes of genius.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
@Yahweh Ben Yahweh and anyone else -
If you’re looking for a decent cult - horror series, watch The Sinner season 2. Netflix. It’s an anthology - you don’t have to watch season 1, it’s a separate story
v1.dDszMjUxODI7ajsxODM0NjsxMjAwOzIyMDA7MzMwMA
Imma check it out
I still gotta watch the other joint u suggested

Recently I watched

220px-ThePossession2012Poster.jpg
p16324150_v_v8_ad.jpg

1922-poster.jpg
220px-Martyrs2015presalesposter.jpeg

theendlessbanner928x485.jpg

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My cousin who's a horror head celebrated her birthday last night by getting a local theater to screen the latest Halloween for a big ass group of friends and family. What's dope is half the family isn't into horror at all, so it was brand new for a lot of 'em. Add that everyone knows each other in the room so people could scream and ad lib as much as they wanted and it wound up being one of the best damned horror experiences I've had in a movie theater.

Also, I've continued the Masters of Horror run with Hooper's Dance of the Dead, Argento's Jenifer and Mick Garris' Chocolate (made Nightmare Cinema and Sleepwalkers for those who don't know, I had to google him tbh).

Of the trio, Dance of the Dead was my favorite. It takes place in a post apocalyptic world with zombies, mutants, drugs and a nightclub that incorporates all of that into a show. The owner and host of the nightclub show? Robert Englund...and he has a lot of fun with the role. It's got a pretty fully realized world to play in and manages to come up with some different concepts for the whole thing. It's fun with a legit plot running through.

Jenifer was disappointing. A man saves a girl from being chopped to pieces by a madman, then finds out the girl has a monster's face. He winds up being protective her while everyone else rejects her because she looks like a monster. But as she starts acting more dangerous and like a monster, he just can't let her go...also she basically sexually abuses his ass throughout this bizarre ass episode. Honestly, none of it worked imo. I feel like my description makes it out to be more interesting than the execution actually was and that's not because I'm cocky about the description...was not a fan of this one at all is what I'm saying.

This might be a spoiler, but I doubt it. Chocolate gives you a pretty good idea of how it's going to end right from the opening scene. That's necessary because the first half is more comedic than remotely horror. A man keeps losing his senses and instead feeling the senses of a woman he does not know. This ish happens at hella inopportune times. Anyway, you can kinda guess where this is going in so much as he decides to try and find out who she is and I won't say much more than that. This is another one that just didn't work for me. I laughed a bit, saw the ending coming a mile away and the most interesting thing about it was that it stars Henry Thomas. That's the younger version of the father from Haunting at Hill House.

The last couple have been the weakest of the bunch. But I'm enjoying the run through, I'd pass on Jenifer but the rest has been at least watchable compared to some of the other horror I've subjected myself to in the past :mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Watching VFW now

My cousin who's a horror head celebrated her birthday last night by getting a local theater to screen the latest Halloween for a big ass group of friends and family. What's dope is half the family isn't into horror at all, so it was brand new for a lot of 'em. Add that everyone knows each other in the room so people could scream and ad lib as much as they wanted and it wound up being one of the best damned horror experiences I've had in a movie theater.

Also, I've continued the Masters of Horror run with Hooper's Dance of the Dead, Argento's Jenifer and Mick Garris' Chocolate (made Nightmare Cinema and Sleepwalkers for those who don't know, I had to google him tbh).

Of the trio, Dance of the Dead was my favorite. It takes place in a post apocalyptic world with zombies, mutants, drugs and a nightclub that incorporates all of that into a show. The owner and host of the nightclub show? Robert Englund...and he has a lot of fun with the role. It's got a pretty fully realized world to play in and manages to come up with some different concepts for the whole thing. It's fun with a legit plot running through.

Jenifer was disappointing. A man saves a girl from being chopped to pieces by a madman, then finds out the girl has a monster's face. He winds up being protective her while everyone else rejects her because she looks like a monster. But as she starts acting more dangerous and like a monster, he just can't let her go...also she basically sexually abuses his ass throughout this bizarre ass episode. Honestly, none of it worked imo. I feel like my description makes it out to be more interesting than the execution actually was and that's not because I'm cocky about the description...was not a fan of this one at all is what I'm saying.

This might be a spoiler, but I doubt it. Chocolate gives you a pretty good idea of how it's going to end right from the opening scene. That's necessary because the first half is more comedic than remotely horror. A man keeps losing his senses and instead feeling the senses of a woman he does not know. This ish happens at hella inopportune times. Anyway, you can kinda guess where this is going in so much as he decides to try and find out who she is and I won't say much more than that. This is another one that just didn't work for me. I laughed a bit, saw the ending coming a mile away and the most interesting thing about it was that it stars Henry Thomas. That's the younger version of the father from Haunting at Hill House.

The last couple have been the weakest of the bunch. But I'm enjoying the run through, I'd pass on Jenifer but the rest has been at least watchable compared to some of the other horror I've subjected myself to in the past :mjlol:
props to your cousin for that. Sounds like a dope time