Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
@Daredevil good call on Color Out of Space. That ish had the Lovecraftian style and took everything completely off the wall. I like that it was completely unforgiving too. Sometimes, I do think they coulda pulled off more by showing less at times. Some of the transformations could have been hidden longer, mainly thanks to the quality reactions from characters when they see something. I think this is just a taste thing, I'm a less is more type of head and honestly the effects were pretty damned good. There's a section at the end I REALLY think we coulda done without though.

This is definitely gonna be one of my most memorable horror movies in a while. Simple and straight to the point with cosmic horror baked in. As long as you don't get too caught up by some bizarre decision making and just accept that these characters are being manipulated by a force beyond their control, it's a damned good but sometimes really brutal watch.

Ironically, I also watched Leviathan this past week so the Cronenbergish body horror stuff has just been everywhere for me. Never seen Leviathan before but I enjoyed that one as well. It's a slept on, throwback, underwater creature feature. You can feel the influences of the Thing and Alien all over it and even though it doesn't live up to those; it doesn't do a bad job by any means.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Ironically, I also watched Leviathan this past week so the Cronenbergish body horror stuff has just been everywhere for me. Never seen Leviathan before but I enjoyed that one as well. It's a slept on, throwback, underwater creature feature. You can feel the influences of the Thing and Alien all over it and even though it doesn't live up to those; it doesn't do a bad job by any means.
I've always had a soft spot for Leviathan. It had such a great cast and top notch Stan Winston practical effects but everything else just seemed to not measure up.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've always had a soft spot for Leviathan. It had such a great cast and top notch Stan Winston practical effects but everything else just seemed to not measure up.

Yeah, I get how it's gone under the radar. It's definitely not living up to the movies that it clearly pulled influence from. You get a poor man's chest burst type scene and the paranoia about who is and isn't infected doesn't run long enough or as a real theme to carry the Thing vibes beyond great effects. But it's a dope alternative to those well knowns and I love the concept. It's the type of horror that I think is actually better suited for a remake than tackling the true classics.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah, I get how it's gone under the radar. It's definitely not living up to the movies that it clearly pulled influence from. You get a poor man's chest burst type scene and the paranoia about who is and isn't infected doesn't run long enough or as a real theme to carry the Thing vibes beyond great effects. But it's a dope alternative to those well knowns and I love the concept. It's the type of horror that I think is actually better suited for a remake than tackling the true classics.
I definitely agree about it's possibilities for a remake.
It is a movie that can be improved on in so many ways that a decent budget, a good script and a skilled horror director could create a classic from the premise.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
@Daredevil good call on Color Out of Space. That ish had the Lovecraftian style and took everything completely off the wall. I like that it was completely unforgiving too. Sometimes, I do think they coulda pulled off more by showing less at times. Some of the transformations could have been hidden longer, mainly thanks to the quality reactions from characters when they see something. I think this is just a taste thing, I'm a less is more type of head and honestly the effects were pretty damned good. There's a section at the end I REALLY think we coulda done without though.

This is definitely gonna be one of my most memorable horror movies in a while. Simple and straight to the point with cosmic horror baked in. As long as you don't get too caught up by some bizarre decision making and just accept that these characters are being manipulated by a force beyond their control, it's a damned good but sometimes really brutal watch.

Glad you liked it. As for the part were you talking about. The dam Part?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
looking at this Nic Cage joint on my tab.
while pickin at this gyro.
:takedat:

gotta get some cigarettes, im fukkin up.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
What about the family rubbed you wrong?
Pretty much everything. The daughter trying to be a witch, the older son is straight useless. Mom really didn’t feel like she was even in the family. Nic cage’s performance felt off when he was acting normal, but then he hits his stride as shyt starts happening and he goes full cage.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
MV5BZjQ1YTM4M2UtMTQxNS00YjdjLTgwZGYtZTgzYmFiYjFkYzNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

yeeeeeeeeeah...

no.

:francis: