Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
oh ok. got you. I'll check it out. I looked up this clip - this gave me an indication.

Yeah, they spend very little time on the dispatching of the killer but when it comes to them dudes offing women we get long drawn out scenes of graphic violence.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
No, the bad guys actually all looked like Leatherface cosplayers.

I didn't hate it, it just seemed incredibly focused on making violence against women about as in your face as it could possibly be. The deaths of women were just much gorier than the deaths of the male characters.
So it was Terrifier?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He’s been working on a remake for years. You know how it goes now. If the movie side won’t take it, the tv side will during the content wars
I was legit shocked when I read the deadline article and it mentioned how Refn has been trying to get this project off the ground for years.
Of all the cult horror movies of the 1980s the last one I'd have guessed would be an obsession of Nicolas Winding Refn would be Maniac Cop.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was legit shocked when I read the deadline article and it mentioned how Refn has been trying to get this project off the ground for years.
Of all the cult horror movies of the 1980s the last one I'd have guessed would be an obsession of Nicolas Winding Refn would be Maniac Cop.

Yeah he’s a weird guy lol

cac poster

// ...
Daps
Reppin
Paris
Last night’s movie was just a rewatch of “Phantasm”. Got home late from school and didn’t really feel like starting something new after a long ass day

I love this movie almost despite the horror elements lol, it’s a really well made story about abandonment and love between brothers and close friends in hard situations. The “show don’t tell” way Coscarelli depicts the mystical elements is really great too. It’s an amazing think about this as a debut.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Last night’s movie was just a rewatch of “Phantasm”. Got home late from school and didn’t really feel like starting something new after a long ass day

I love this movie almost despite the horror elements lol, it’s a really well made story about abandonment and love between brothers and close friends in hard situations. The “show don’t tell” way Coscarelli depicts the mystical elements is really great too. It’s an amazing think about this as a debut.
More amazing when you realize he made that movie over a number of years. That wasn’t a straight shoot. It was cobbled together and came out really well