Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Hell house llc first 20 minutes had me like :unimpressed:

A good 40 minutes in :mjtf:

& I oop
Just got done watching this.

These cacs really love going into that basement

image.gif

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
:dead::dead::deadrose:
"Without giving too much away, I’ll say there’s a 10-story plunge into a pit of real lava, a nipple-clipped adventure through an alternate dimension, and a food court serving a wide range of inedible toxic treats. And be sure to stick around, because every day at 5 p.m., there will be a chain-bound parade of mutant sex fiends down Maim Street U.S.A.” Kalogridis added that park pass—which also includes access to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom—was $79.99 but could also be paid for in blood."

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watched "Brightburn" last night - Adopt impossible to kill demon spawn alien creatures in human form from meteorite crashes, brehs and brehettes :picard:
Pass off your son's killer instincts and accumulated dead/missing bodies, as a side affect of "puberty".
He tormented the literal hell from his little girl classmate that he liked - floating outside her room window and a broken arm wasn't enough??

Brightburn 2 has to be on the horizon with that ending. My issue with this one is how the parents decided to keep him, like it was a stork leaving him on the doorstep as if it's a common thing in Nebraska, for him to be "gift from god" instead of taking him to a lab or a scientist. Then storing his pod in the backyard barn like it's an old used car.
:what:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Watched "Brightburn" last night - Adopt impossible to kill demon spawn alien creatures in human form from meteorite crashes, brehs and brehettes :picard:
Pass off your son's killer instincts and accumulated dead/missing bodies, as a side affect of "puberty".
He tormented the literal hell from his little girl classmate that he liked - floating outside her room window and a broken arm wasn't enough??

Brightburn 2 has to be on the horizon with that ending. My issue with this one is how the parents decided to keep him, like it was a stork leaving him on the doorstep as if it's a common thing in Nebraska, for him to be "gift from god" instead of taking him to a lab or a scientist. Then storing his pod in the backyard barn like it's an old used car.
Yeah they didn’t go a great job selling the why. Why are you keeping this child? Why is no one going to the cops? Why does his damn uncle drive off when the kid disappears and leave his wife in the house? They were going for that inverted Superman but it missed the mark for me. It’s a slasher flick which is fine but they didn’t give any of the actors enough to do in order to sell that shyt.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Yeah they didn’t go a great job selling the why. Why are you keeping this child? Why is no one going to the cops? Why does his damn uncle drive off when the kid disappears and leave his wife in the house? They were going for that inverted Superman but it missed the mark for me. It’s a slasher flick which is fine but they didn’t give any of the actors enough to do in order to sell that shyt.

That was an instance of trying to hew too closely to the Superman origin story where Ma & Pa Kent just happily kept a baby they found in a rocket ship and hid the rocket ship out in a spare barn on their farm.
Where Brightburn messed up is they didn't delve too much into the obvious subtext of the couple being unable to have a baby and spent some more time on the Elizabeth Banks' character's desperation to be a mom or maybe a couple lines during an argument with her husband where we got to see that she had some internalized hatred because she was the one who couldn't get pregnant. Anything like that would have worked better than just hand waving why this salt of the Earth midwestern couple didn't hand that baby they found over to the authorities.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That was an instance of trying to hew too closely to the Superman origin story where Ma & Pa Kent just happily kept a baby they found in a rocket ship and hid the rocket ship out in a spare barn on their farm.
Where Brightburn messed up is they didn't delve too much into the obvious subtext of the couple being unable to have a baby and spent some more time on the Elizabeth Banks' character's desperation to be a mom or maybe a couple lines during an argument with her husband where we got to see that she had some internalized hatred because she was the one who couldn't get pregnant. Anything like that would have worked better than just hand waving why this salt of the Earth midwestern couple didn't hand that baby they found over to the authorities.
Exactly. Left a huge gaping misdirected subplot of a hole in this for me that I expected a more plausible explanation as the movie progressed but never happened. By circumventing the reason, this unintentionally made all the adults and parents look inept as hell; which was a distraction throughout the movie. Despite the series of events and connection- no one in the town, not even the sheriff checks into the background behind this "adoption" of the kid's family origins which would have raised red flags. But a series of symbols and 4 murders later, all of a sudden it's a light bulb moment.

The uncle buying the kid a gun and presenting it to him at a restaurant. The kid shows up at his aunt's house unexpected late at night and threatening, all she does is close the door on him despite her being a trained school counselor, she doesn't think to call up the mother to inform her. Goes to bed and sleeps soundly as if that doesn't raise an alarm. Along the same lines of the "motherhood" concept with the classmate's mother - Her daughter is terrified after the incident where the kid shows up at her daughter's window and the school incident where he breaks the little girl's hand, knowing the kid is unstable and a violent stalker; the mother makes the decision to leave the girl in the house alone at night. The puberty discussion on the camping trip- the father just laughs it off. They could have worked a "mind control" aspect into the story and it would have at the least, made more sense.