Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Blumhouse's Black Christmas Reboot trailer is out!! December 13th (which is on a Friday :laugh:)
Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Nightmares! Watch the Trailer For Blumhouse's Black Christmas Reboot
Scary movie powerhouse production company Blumhouse has already proved it knows how to handle holiday horror with its Hulu anthology series Into the Dark, but now things are going to get especially freaky on the big screen thanks to an upcoming reboot of Black Christmas.

The 2019 edition of the film follows the same basic plot as previous takes on the holiday nightmare, only with a handful of exciting new stars and a feminist twist. The action revolves around the fictional Hawthorne College, where a black-masked stalker begins brutally murdering Mu Kappa Epsilon sisters.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 15 best high school horror movies | GamesRadar+
Tragedy Girls (2017) Halloween: H20 (1998) The Loved Ones (2009) All Cheerleaders Die (2013) The Blackcoat's Daughter (2015) Cherry Falls (2000) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) Carrie (1976) (Image credit: United Artists) Scream (1996), The Faculty, Battle Royale.. etc.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
220px-Humanoids_from_the_deep.jpg

I figured it was this.:russ:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Horror movies emerge as best political commentary of our times - CNNPolitics
Interesting write up and comparisons:
To watch "Ready or Not" or "Us" is, in some ways, to see thematic parallels with other colossally excellent horror or horror-adjacent movies, including Peele's 2017 movie "Get Out," which takes aim at white limousine liberals, and South Korean director Bong Joon-ho's 2019 thriller "Parasite," which offers a chilling and at times devastating portrait of class conflict.
Horror films provide a vehicle through which to express the rip-roaring blend of emotions Gillett mentioned, as these tales act as a permission to address frustratingly rigid realities, such as the yawning gap between the rich and the poor.

Part of storytelling's power is that you have a captive audience, Peele told the New York Times in 2017, after the release of "Get Out." You can smuggle themes into screams.
At a moment when so much seems beyond control -- when even the politically disengaged have spoken of the Trump era as a scary, dystopian time -- clever uses of horror can actually be therapeutic. They're like tiny valves that allow steam to escape on screen while a variety of pressures simmer in the real world.
"Ready or Not," Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett's new horror comedy, joins a growing bloc in that horror-with-political-messaging genre -- specifically about greed and parasitic 1 percenters.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@morris @Nicole0416 @Jello Biafra @MartyMcFly @BXKingPin82
I got Netflix for 30 days. Recommend me some shyt to watch.
Got you. give me a few minutes. But Right off the top of my head as far as series/anthology shows:
Black Summer
Slasher
American Horror Story (skip the Hotel and Coven seasons.. did not like)(The latest season, Apocalypse starts streaming on 9/26)
Frankenstein Chronicles
Scream (currently watching Season 3 but I didn't watch the first two seasons)
The Mist

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Well you said what would’ve been my first recommendation was “ok” so lol I gotta start from scratch.

fukk is on Netflix now @Nicole0416 ?
Netflix is shyt right now
:scust:I think the only reason I keep it is to stream foreign tv series with mob, mafia or cartels, specifically - Wentworth, Peaky Blinders, Narcos, Queen of the South and Gomorrah, other than that :unimpressed:
@Daredevil - these are watchable
The Invitation
Mohawk
Friend Request
The Diabolical
Death House
The Monster
Dead Awake
BackCountry
The Ritual
47 Meters Down
Apostle
Hush
Would You Rather
Ghost Ship
Cult of Chucky
Don't Knock Twice
Creep and Creep 2
The Heretics
Cabin Fever
Emelie
Chernobyl Diaries
Tusk (lol)
Day of the Dead Bloodline

There's this upcoming new release on Netflix
Netflix Crime Anthology 'Criminal': Everything We Know So Far - What's on Netflix

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Get shudder
@Daredevil This. Get a Shudder trial and see how you like it. I have a subscription for going on almost 2 yrs now. There content is consistent and constantly getting better, for the most part. They have a nice variety of movies in rotation. At this stage, Hulu's horror selections (and other genres period) are better than Netflix. They have the Into the Dark series, The Terror, Exorcist series, (But over the past week, Hulu has fukked me over and I'm mad af, yet again - they removed their streaming app on LG smartTV's for the 2nd time just fyi). Shudder has the monopoly on horror content rn.