Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:obama:
I would also say The Descent, The Good Son, Final Destination (all except for the first one) and Orphan to include in that category too. They were engaging movies and storylines, fun to watch; they're the type of movies where there is a mystery to see what the ending will consist of. Like who would have expected that the "little girl" was actually a psychopathic adult who pretends to be a child in order to get adopted and McCauley's character throwing that fake body over the bridge...
:merchant: :bryan::damn:
Orphan was basically the Babyface Finster episode of Bugs Bunny.

bad166cf9c4409a60fc37f005683f05f.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
DreadCentral and IMDB has a list of Lovecraft "inspired" films
Best H.P. Lovecraft Inspired Films - IMDb
Top 11 Lovecraftian Horror Films

also it would be rude of me not to add that @Jello Biafra HIGHLY recommends that you watch "Incident in Ghostland" :troll:..:lolbron:

This is fire, I love Lovecraftian horror approaches but they're rarely pulled off well. One that didn't make the list but which I'd suggest is Black Mountainside
Black Mountain Side (2014) - IMDb

There's one aspect to it that I think can hurt the final product but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Was the Decent really the creatures or the main character killing her friends?
It's a cool theory but it all falls apart when you factor in that people were being killed by the crawlers while Sarah (the main character) was off somewhere else in the caves.
The women split up into three separate groups once shyt hit the fan.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Was the Decent really the creatures or the main character killing her friends?
In the UK version - by the ending, it is shown as the creatures doing the killing
In the US version - they leave it more open-ended because the main character has a mental break. But, it is the crawlers. Juno is a selfish lying cheating manipulating bytch that is the catalyst for the whole series of events and tension between the group; I would ripped out her throat too, if I was Sarah.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Anybody else have the tendency of rewatching the same films on streaming services? I've watched Herzog's Nosferatu at least once a week on Prime Video for what has felt like most of the year.

I wrote all of that just to say I love that film.
all the time - especially with the psychological movies. You don't get all the nuances of the story from a first -run watch.
Or I'll come across a movie that I watched when I was younger and it has a different meaning or affect watching the same movie as an adult.
Also, what scares me now, does not have the impact that it did in the past ... not sure if it's because I've become more desensitized or more realistic :hula:probably a mix of both.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
In the UK version - by the ending, it is shown as the creatures doing the killing
In the US version - they leave it more open-ended because the main character has a mental break. But, it is the crawlers. Juno is a selfish lying cheating manipulating bytch that is the catalyst for the whole series of events and tension between the group; I would ripped out her throat too, if I was Sarah.
Juno was all those things and also the best character in the whole movie (the sequel too).

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Anyone going to Halloween Horror Nights this year? :mjlit:
One day I’ll get back to Cali to do that again but not this year. There’s a place here in Denver that has some mazes. They got a bootleg stranger things and a bootleg It maze so imma check that out. It always gets great reviews