Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Who??:lupe: :sas2:
Rob Zombie !!!!
:mjlol: :deadrose:The horror gawwwdddd :blessed:He blessed CNN with his presence. His new movie based his mega hit release - The Devil's Rejects. Is he making another Texas Chainsaw ??
:whew:

He was on the movies docuseries talking about horror movies :lolbron:

And how alien changed his life and jaws scared the hell out of him. He also talked about other movies too so he’s not all horror.

Oh you weren’t here when I told everyone about this special Bravo used to run every Halloween.

This is part 1

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The dualities... :wow:
The horror movie genre being the most peaceful thread in here.. with the least drama, by definition alone that's hilarious. Discussions about the most violent, graphic, gory visuals and depictions are the most objective, peaceful and least toxic parts of the site.
:russ::deadmanny:

But that’s the ill shyt. Most horror directors and writers are peaceful ass people. Wes craven was a teacher. Tobe Hooper is soft spoken and sweet. Mick Garris is a vegan and can’t stand the idea of harming animals. The list goes on. They’re all tender hearts who don’t want beef.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Need some recommendations brehs for some recent movies

I've pretty much seen everything mainstream so indie joints are welcomed. I tried to watch this movie Beneath Us without subs but my Spanish only took me so far before I had to turn it off. I'm currently looking at The Lodge, They're Inside & Darlin right now. I'm in the mood for some recent "found footage" joints though.

I saw one last week via Amazon Prime about a group who get chased and abducted in the desert by aliens. Watched this one after which was ehhh, not found footage but it was similar

Shyt. I totally forgot that you asked for found footage recommendations..as I was reading this I was supposed to post up a list. My bad... I’ll do it .

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
TLR is that way.. I think you got lost :leostare:There's refreshments and beverages on the way out. Enjoy your day.
left-arrow-15.gif
nah I`m not lost. Majority of the so called film "experts" are self absorbed idiots. Hyping crappy Festival films because taste makers said they were good.

Lol seems like I hit some cords, if you find me saying Black Film fans should look into old school Nigerian horror and not just non black film (especially in the age of the internet) is something odd

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
But that’s the ill shyt. Most horror directors and writers are peaceful ass people. Wes craven was a teacher. Tobe Hooper is soft spoken and sweet. Mick Garris is a vegan and can’t stand the idea of harming animals. The list goes on. They’re all tender hearts who don’t want beef.
Maybe they get their sick fix via film

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
K..I'm just here to discuss horror movies, reviews, write ups, watchlists, events and developments. Not trying to turn this into a cultural, moral or philosophical debate on this thread. But if that's how you feel. Okay. Doesn't affect me one way or the other. I come to this section for a different type of vibe based on my preferences and interest. There's another forum or section of the site for all that..
full
you can't bring up a Black Horror doc or why Usher wasn't credited on a cover of a film then say "you don't want to make it cultural".

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh:
This is interesting bc people in general have a preconceived notions about the creators and originators of horror movies and fans. Like we’re predisposed to violence, or desensitized. At the end of the day, with any creative writing or development process it takes introspection (evaluating one’s thoughts) and retrospection (analyzing past events) - and in order to do that, you need distraction free solitude. I know that I do. Being very observational and sense of empathy is a character trait of most writers. Makes sense when you break it down- it’s still an art form at the end of the day.

Like we talked about before; there’s some theme, backstory, theory or rationale in the details. It’s not just all slash and scare.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ohhh:
This is interesting bc people in general have a preconceived notions about the creators and originators of horror movies and fans. Like we’re predisposed to violence, or desensitized. At the end of the day, with any creative writing or development process it takes introspection (evaluating one’s thoughts) and retrospection (analyzing past events) - and in order to do that, you need distraction free solitude. I know that I do. Being very observational and sense of empathy is a character trait of most writers. Makes sense when you break it down- it’s still an art form at the end of the day.

Like we talked about before; there’s some theme, backstory, theory or rationale in the details. It’s not just all slash and scare.

Bingo. Yes there are flicks that are just for gore and boobs and blood. Cool. There’s an audience for that. Always will be. And those are fun...when they’re good lol. shyt TCM shows horror flicks on late night. Showed night school and final exam last weekend.

But then you’ve also got stuff like nightmare on elm st which is saying something. Or Texas chain saw. Or the exorcist. And of course Romero’s zombie movies. They all have a lot to say about America or humanity or a system etc etc. Most people who work in horror are really smart and using film to work shyt out or say what they wouldn’t be allowed to say in a “normal” movie.

Wes Craven once said people don’t go see horror movies to let the fear in, they go to let the fear out. He believed we watch these flicks to learn to not be afraid of shyt and be more at peace. I’m with him on that

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
you can't bring up a Black Horror doc or why Usher wasn't credited on a cover of a film then say "you don't want to make it cultural".
Don’t care for your instigation attempts in this part of the forum. There’s a place for that- you already know. Go start a thread. Not in the mood for your temperament on this side. . Agree to disagree and move the f on. Do you have any recommendations, reviews/opinions in reference to the current topic or do you plan to continue quoting me as if I give a shyt about your thoughts other than horror movies??

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wes Craven once said people don’t go see horror movies to let the fear in, they go to let the fear out. He believed we watch these flicks to learn to not be afraid of shyt and be more at peace. I’m with him on that
That’s a deep statement. I agree with that too. I didn’t know Wes Craven was so prolific until I started reading comments in here. Confront your fears instead of running from them.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That’s a deep statement. I agree with that too. I didn’t know Wes Craven was so prolific until I started reading comments in here. Confront your fears instead of running from them.

Yup pretty much. That’s why I watch :wow:

He’s a very prolific dude. I don’t love everything he did but when he was on? Home run every time. Even his not so good stuff has moments. A friend of mine just watched the serpent and the rainbow and it scared him shytless :russ:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I missed the beginning of this convo but have you seen the grave encounters movies?

Yeah back when they were on Netflix. I watched a found footage one last week where it was set up like a real documentary about scientists in the 60s/70s experimenting on people who claim to have psychic abilities. They found one woman who ended up being possessed by a demon or something. I believe it was called The Atticus Project