Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
"Disturbing Behavior" is the perfect movie to follow up "The Faculty" with. Not as good as the latter but I wasn't disappointed at all.

MV5BMTYzOTc1ODUzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA0OTE5._V1_.jpg

faculty.jpg
I watched The Faculty so many times... I think USA Network used to play it in rotation, watched it every time it came on.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Someone told me Netflix got some new series called the typewriter.

He said it's scary.

Any truth behind that?
Yes. Reviews are saying that it's supposed to be the scariest, "exorcist" reaction level of scary or so they say, I did not find Exorcist to be scary :stopitslime:. Just released (subtitles). I haven't seen it yet. Comparing it to Stranger Things with the story revolving around 3 kids, strange occurrences and 80s nostalgia.
'Typewriter': Everything to Know About Netflix's Scary New Series
https://decider.com/2019/07/29/typewriter-on-netflix-show-scary/
https://decider.com/2019/07/19/typewriter-on-netflix-stream-it-or-skip-it/
Netflix is no stranger to successful series, but the new Indian horror series Typewriter is currently all the buzz on social media. The five-part Sujoy Ghosh-directed series debuted on the streaming giant earlier this month, spinning a tale about a haunting in an Indian town, and there’s plenty that you should know before you tune in for your next binge watch.
One of Netflix’s newest originals Typewriter is being called one of the scariest shows on Netflix, and apparently it’s so spooky people can’t sleep. But is the new Netflix show scary? How scary is Typewriter, really? Let’s investigate.

From Sujoy Ghosh the director, actor, producer, and screenwriter behind the Indian comedy Jhankaar Beats, the mystery thriller Kahaani, and the crime drama Badla, comes Typewriter. The five-episode Netflix original follows three young friends who search an old villa for ghosts. But when a new family moves into the villa, a long-dead legend re-emerges, triggering sudden deaths and the revelations of several secrets.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
a bit fukking late for this trash franchise?
didint they make a tv series for scream? that was crap!
You're always coming in this thread dead agitated
:deadmanny:
Halloween, Saw, Friday the 13th, Chucky etc have been turning out all types of reboots and remakes for forever.. horror movie get recycled into shows- I don't see the problem here:beli:
I Know what you did Last Summer was a decent movie imo, very popular at the time, good storyline with the jason-esque type theme. I liked the movie. Pet Semetary is another one. Wolf Creek was a movie from years back that they developed into a series; Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Creepshow... all started decades ago and are currently in production or airing.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
:jbhmm: ...they really should have his name on it. MTV interviewed him in his role in the movie at the time.
Usher Compares Current High School Flick To "Grease"
But if you haven't seen this documentary, it explains the lack of inclusion for black roles in horror films :beli:

Nah i already know about the racism but im
Just saying i remember Usher being a big selling point of the flick because of his status in music eapecially when you factor how minor his role
In the flick was.

Speaking of black horror films, im not hip to the “black horror” scene but it blows my mind i mever hear anyone talk about the Nigerian horror movie scene in the 90s. They had a ton of flicks with really good stories. I assume though most people who consider themselves into film only have a lens narrow to that of US and European film.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah i already know about the racism but im
Just saying i remember Usher being a big selling point of the flick because of his status in music eapecially when you factor how minor his role
In the flick was.

Speaking of black horror films, im not hip to the “black horror” scene but it blows my mind i mever hear anyone talk about the Nigerian horror movie scene in the 90s. They had a ton of flicks with really good stories. I assume though most people who consider themselves into film only have a lens narrow to that of US and European film.
I've never watched a Nigerian horror movie - never exposed to it. My lane has always been US, Asian and European as you stated. I only recently started watching French horror movies and movies with subtitles, a few years back. I guess we gravitate toward what our personal viewing experiences and background are. Horror is not the 'go to' genre for the majority of people anyway over here, it's a small subset of us and even smaller in terms of minority representation and reduce that even more for me, seeing as there are not that many black American women that are involved in horror to that extent. The primary reason that I started liking it was by default at first -my father and brothers - Friday late night, they stayed up to watch movies; being the only girl in the fam - I didn't want to feel left out, eventually - it was a wave that caught on for me and evolved into having a repeat interest in knowing more about the concepts and developments in the horror genre.
:yeshrug:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I've never watched a Nigerian horror movie - never exposed to it. My lane has always been US, Asian and European as you stated. I guess we gravitate toward what our personal viewing experiences and background are. Horror is not the 'go to' genre for the majority of people anyway over here, it's a small subset of us and even smaller in terms of minority representation and reduce that even more for me, seeing as there are not that many black American women that are involved in horror to that extent. The primary reason that I started liking it was by default at first -my father and brothers - Friday late night, they stayed up to watch movies; being the only girl in the fam - I didn't want to feel left out, eventually - it was a wave that caught on for me
:yeshrug:

My point is when it comes to “movie snobs” they tend to proactively research films especially those that aren't popular in order to find gems.

We can agree that most “movie snobs” are pretentious white people.

We can also agree when it comes to people researching film especially the horror genre it tends to go USA> Europe> and most recently (with recent being the last 15 yrs) Asian when it comes the levels deep people go to find gems.

My statement is saying that it is interesting to me that black film snobs never deep dived into Nigerian horror, but then again from my observation most black film snobs are corny weirdos who worship white people so theres that lol.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My point is when it comes to “movie snobs” they tend to proactively research films especially those that aren't popular in order to find gems.

We can also agree when it comes to people researching film especially the horror genre it tends to go USA> Europe> and most recently (with recent being the last 15 yrs) Asian when it comes the levels deep people go to find gems.

My statement is saying that it is interesting to me that black film snobs never deep dived into Nigerian horror, but then again from my observation most black film snobs are corny weirdos who worship white people so theres that lol.
K..I'm just here to discuss horror movies, reviews, write ups, watchlists, events and developments. Not trying to turn this into a cultural, moral or philosophical debate on this thread. But if that's how you feel. Okay. Doesn't affect me one way or the other. I come to this section for a different type of vibe based on my preferences and interest. There's another forum or section of the site for all that..
full

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idk what's going on in here but:russ:
Random af! idk either but he needs to go ahead and take that dumb instigating shyt back over to TLR. :coffee:Dafuq...
work out those feelings or whatever animosity he needs to get off his chest. TFR, anti-ados edition. Like whutttt?? off a horror movie..
:laff:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Random af! idk either but he needs to go ahead and take that dumb instigating shyt back over to TLR. :coffee:Dafuq...
work out those feelings or whatever animosity he needs to get off his chest. TFR, anti-ados edition. Like whutttt?? off a horror movie..
:laff:

Yeah the horror thread is surprisingly a peaceful thread. Nobody starts no drama or nothing. We just talk horror and have fun with it and try to piss off @Jello Biafra.

Speaking of which, guess who I saw on CNN’s the movies docuseries?:lolbron:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

TLR is that way.. I think you got lost :leostare:There's refreshments and beverages on the way out. Enjoy your day.
left-arrow-15.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah the horror thread is surprisingly a peaceful thread. Nobody starts no drama or nothing. We just talk horror and have fun with it and try to piss off @Jello Biafra.

Speaking of which, guess who I saw on CNN’s the movies docuseries?:lolbron:
Who??:lupe: :sas2:
Rob Zombie !!!!
:mjlol: :deadrose:The horror gawwwdddd :blessed:He blessed CNN with his presence. His new movie based his mega hit release - The Devil's Rejects. Is he making another Texas Chainsaw ??
:whew:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah the horror thread is surprisingly a peaceful thread. Nobody starts no drama or nothing. :lolbron:
The dualities... :wow:
The horror movie genre being the most peaceful thread in here.. with the least drama, by definition alone that's hilarious. Discussions about the most violent, graphic, gory visuals and depictions are the most objective, peaceful and least toxic parts of the site.
:russ::deadmanny: