Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
We’re getting two Halloween movies two Halloween’s in a row
I’m sick :(... haven’t been posting as much anywhere since Saturday, pray for me :no::unsure: 3 day straight of sickness. When I get better, I’ll be back on with the content . But before I go.temporarily .. leaving this movie trailer - Don’t Let Go ;by Blumouse

Don’t Let Go on Instagram: “An unthinkable loss. An impossible connection. From the producers of Get Out comes #DontLetGo - in theatres August 30.”

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Haven't posted in a while (firestick needed updating :lolbron:)

I got to watch Crawl and I think it's a really fun watch. Lots of tense moments and close calls, all kept pretty much in the confines of a home (they use some clever conceits to help you suspend your disbelief). It gave me a 47 meters down vibe kinda. It's not scary, but has some intense scenes and chase type things with a dash of jump scares that got some of my friends leaping and laughing. If you're into these kinds of horror films, it's one of my favorite in a long time.

Also, that Creepshow trailer looks great indeed.

Lastly, has anyone seen the trailer for the Witches in the Woods? Looks like a genuinely unique take on possession horror.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Need some recommendations brehs for some recent movies

I've pretty much seen everything mainstream so indie joints are welcomed. I tried to watch this movie Beneath Us without subs but my Spanish only took me so far before I had to turn it off. I'm currently looking at The Lodge, They're Inside & Darlin right now. I'm in the mood for some recent "found footage" joints though.

I saw one last week via Amazon Prime about a group who get chased and abducted in the desert by aliens. Watched this one after which was ehhh, not found footage but it was similar

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I've pretty much seen everything mainstream so indie joints are welcomed. I tried to watch this movie Beneath Us without subs but my Spanish only took me so far before I had to turn it off. I'm currently looking at The Lodge, They're Inside & Darlin right now. I'm in the mood for some recent "found footage" joints though.

I saw one last week via Amazon Prime about a group who get chased and abducted in the desert by aliens. Watched this one after which was ehhh, not found footage but it was similar

I've been slacking so I've got nothing for you, but let me know what you think of "They're Inside" because I was thinking of checking that one out.

Also, I've been looking for a good alien horror so any new joints you catch that are even decent I'd be curious about. On the sci-fi horror tip, there was Await Further Orders which is a bit slow but a pretty unique concept.

Another random alien horror related tidbit: I heard that some of the scares from Poltergeist were originally part of a script that would have been a sequel to Close Encounters and I know some of the heads here go deep on the horror history...if any of yall have more about that (or confirmation even), I'd love to hear it.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

Other than what I posted previously in this thread a few weeks back, I'm like @storyteller - have a lot of catching up to do on my watchlists and for some of the current wide release movies in theaters showing, so I have nothing recent that I actually watched to recommend. I don't like posting movies in here that I haven't actually seen yet but if I come across anything or preview any content over this weekend, I'll keep you in mind.

Do you have Shudder?? They put out content in rotation all the time, that includes indies, horror series and original content.
(edit - just read that you wanted found footage, I used to be a found footage stan lol so I'll get a list together and be back on later tonight to post up what I watched in the past).