Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Overrated in terms of scare factor; they were more mystery movies than horror imo. I was not horrorfied lol. Creepy in terms of the storyline but they lacked atmospheric tension, idk maybe as someone mentioned before, I’ve been desensitized.
Oh my fault. Thought you meant the movies in general were overrated.

Then I agree with you besides the exoricist.

I think most people the know the difference between thriller and horror or whatever is associated with scary because they're all put together.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Horror head to the core and as a writer I want to publish horror stories one day.
I need to post in here more often because I be watching horror flicks all the time.

I seen the trailer to Midsommar. Am I the only one who thought of the Wicker Man?
You should post in here
:obama:
I thought of The Wicker Man, The Village and The Witch.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I think most people the know the difference between thriller and horror or whatever is associated with scary because they're all put together.
This is true; we had a discussion in this thread about that some weeks back. movies that are considered psychological horror as opposed to thrillers. I saw US for the first time over the weekend, to me, that was a combination of all elements - horror, mystery and thriller. The foreboding, tension, psychological manipulation, plot twist, fear. I’m also watching The Terror series from AMC- that’s exactly how I would describe that show - terrifying based off the premise alone. The mental torture of being stuck on a ship, trapped by the surrounding ice , dead of winter, running out of food supplies, freezing cold, disease running rampant bc the only canned food that they have left to eat is poisoned unbeknownst to them, people having mental breaks bc of starvation and hallucination and to top that off, there’s some type of wild animal taking out people who are trying to venture out for help.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I think I saw the witch last summer.

Isn't that where

oh girl family dies and she gives her life to the devil in the end?

Never saw the village cause I heard it was shyt
Yes, All three were some shyt tbh. That’s why I’m waiting to see what @Jx2 thinks with feedback on Midsommar
:lupe:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
This is true; we had a discussion in this thread about that some weeks back. movies that are considered psychological horror as opposed to thrillers. I saw US for the first time over the weekend, to me, that was a combination of all elements - horror, mystery and thriller. The foreboding, tension, psychological manipulation, plot twist, fear. I’m also watching The Terror series from AMC- that’s exactly how I would describe that show - terrifying based off the premise alone. The mental torture of being stuck on a ship, trapped by the surrounding ice , dead of winter, running out of food supplies, freezing cold, disease running rampant bc the only canned food that they have left to eat is poisoned unbeknownst to them, people having mental breaks bc of starvation and hallucination and to top that off, there’s some type of wild animal taking out people who are trying to venture out for help.

I personally hate US. I think people like it because of who's name is behind the movie. Just my opinion.

I been watching tales from the crypt. That series shows me an oriented horror genre can have a mix of elements. There are to many episodes where I feel like it's only considered horror because of the tales from the crypt title.

I don't know if it was the latest Halloween movie or scream or whatever. But it was listed as a drama instead of horror (hbo prime)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, All three were some shyt tbh. That’s why I’m waiting to see what @Jx2 thinks with feedback on Midsommar
:lupe:
I’m still marinating after just getting back

What I will say is Jordan Peele nailed the viewing experience in the interview he gives to Ari Aster.

If you grew up Christian, this movie cleverly props you up and worships you in the most demonic of ways

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I personally hate US. I think people like it because of who's name is behind the movie. Just my opinion.

I been watching tales from the crypt. That series shows me an oriented horror genre can have a mix of elements. There are to many episodes where I feel like it's only considered horror because of the tales from the crypt title.

I don't know if it was the latest Halloween movie or scream or whatever. But it was listed as a drama instead of horror (hbo prime)
I thought US was better than Get Out (wasn’t all that impressed with Get Out and I’ve never been a Jordan Peele fan so I guess you could say I’m impartial but I’m supportive of black directors or writers in horror films bc we’re underrepresented. I find that most people either love it or hate it based on their interpretation. I went into it with no expectations and didn’t read the reviews or spoilers until after I watched.

I remember Tales from the Crypt, wow, you went into the vault with that one. My dad used to love that cryptcreeper intro and commentary :laff:. Agreed -It was a mix of drama and scare depending on the episode. same with the Potergeist:Legacy series and Outer Limits that aired back then .

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I thought US was better than Get Out (wasn’t all that impressed with Get Out and I’ve never been a Jordan Peele fan so I guess you could say I’m impartial but I’m supportive of black directors or writers in horror films bc we’re underrepresented. I find that most people either love it or hate it based on their interpretation. I went into it with no expectations and didn’t read the reviews or spoilers until after I watched.

I remember Tales from the Crypt, wow, you went into the vault with that one. My dad used to love that cryptcreeper intro and commentary :laff:. Agreed -It was a mix of drama and scare depending on the episode. same with the Potergeist:Legacy series and Outer Limits that aired back then .

Yeah. I think Jordan Peele is overrated. I wasn't really impressed by either films. I'm not saying he's trash because clearly he has talent but I don't agree with the hype.

And yup crypt keeper funny af wish I could smoke a blunt with him.

I just watched an episode where this girl was fukking the cable guy while her husband was working on scientific experiments in the basement. shyt was funny af, I liked it for what it was worth but it's not horror.

We need more tales from the crypt and creepshows and more horror movies in general.

I see you liked the new Halloween movie. I turned it off in like the second half. I was bored lol

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I’m still marinating after just getting back

What I will say is Jordan Peele nailed the viewing experience in the interview he gives to Ari Aster.

If you grew up Christian, this movie cleverly props you up and worships you in the most demonic of ways
Interesting

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

See I'm of the mind there is no true difference. the term "thriller" only exists because Hollywood didn't want to associate with horror on a large scale. They wanted to put it in the backseats. So when a movie like Rosemary's Baby or Silence of the Lambs, or even The Exorcist received critical acclaim and Oscar love, they wanted to call them thrillers. It's the term they use to make themselves feel better