Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Anyone watch NOS4A2 last night? Missed it but plan on watching it today

I saw that trailer in the description for "The Terror" , both on AMC, so it makes sense. I still don't get what that's supposed to about - I think they're being nondescript with it on purpose (some type of vampire type show?). The trailer that I saw, showed a woman riding her motorcycle into a shed and there's a sign on the ground, covered with leaves saying "do not enter".. That was it. What is that title supposed to stand for?

I watched it. It was a good pilot episode.
Showed you enough of the main set of characters to connect with them while also maintaining a creepy air of mystery about just what the main villain's goals are and what type of supernatural creature he actually is.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The Slasher talk got me watching that series...:salute:Season 1 started a little over the top but really picked up quickly.
:salute:
good series for what is. Season 3... it's def on one, gratuitous in certain parts. :huhldup:
I appreciated it for the background storyline and some of the unexpected characters.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Recently watched this - some interesting references/connections:
1:04 - Evil Dead
2:31 - Slither + The Thing
3:39 - Creepshow + Jason Goes To Hell
4:28 - Silent Hill + Village of the Damned
5:36 - Frozen + Hatchet II
6:30 - Gremlins + The Howling
7:25 - Bride of Chucky
8:41 - Cabin in the Woods + The Faculty

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Summer horror movie preview
Horror Movie Summer Preview
Interesting Clips from the stream:
Child’s Play-
-“Like, so the first "Chucky" movie was about a doll possessed by a serial killer - super silly idea. This new Chucky movie is a reboot. And this new doll is no longer possessed by a serial killer (laughter).

GARCIA-NAVARRO: OK, that's good.

ULABY: But what he is is he's a smart doll. He's an AI doll.

GARCIA-NAVARRO: I'm not going to be able to look at my refrigerator the same way.”

Midsummer -
This one - if we're going to be talking about how horror movies happen to cultural fears, we're living in this time of Instagrammable (ph) moments, where people are going to things like Coachella and other big festivals. This movie is set at a festival in rural Sweden. It only happens, you know, once every, like, 99 years or something like that. And it sounds really great except for
all of the pagans who chop up all of the people who come to this particular festival.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TIGERS ARE NOT AFRAID Finds a Home at Shudder!

Shudder Acquires Rights to Film Festival Hit Tigers Are Not Afraid

Coming to Shudder (release date, tba) : Tigers are Not Afraid

Interesting premise-
Synopsis:
A dark fairy tale about a gang of five children trying to survive the horrific violence of the cartels and the ghosts created every day by the drug war.

Tigers Are Not Afraid is written and directed by Issa López whose debut feature has made her a rising star in the horror community. She’s received accolades from the likes of Stephen King, Guillermo del Toro, and Neil Gaiman.