Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
'Smile' is dope as fukk. I know some people here didn't like it but I just rewatched the other night on Paramount+ and it was just as creepy and wildly unsettling as the first time we saw it. The acting was top notch for a small budget horror. Lots of gore, lots of jump scares and "what the fukk?" moments in here. I really like it.
I enjoyed it a lot up until the end. That was the wrong decision to make with the subject matter it touched on to me:jbhmm:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Elves (2018)

this could have been so much better if they had a better budget and actors.
It actually has a fun plot , but some of the actors take you out of the movie with their inability to...........well........act.
but thats the risk you take with Indie , Low budget horror.

i did not hate it - but i did not like it much either.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Couple new Christmas Horror movies are out streaming.

The Sacrifice Game:
It's bad enough that boarding school students Samantha and Clara can't go home for the holidays, but things take a deadly turn when a murderous gang arrives on their doorstep - just in time for Christmas.

A group is committing murders in a ritualistic manner, and comes across a boarding school where all but a handful of people have left for Christmas vacation. There's a really interesting twist to the formula that isn't conveyed by the synopsis or trailer, which I'll leave for people to catch themselves. The set up is pretty cool tbh.

But everything else about this is a little flat. The kills are unimaginative. Most performances are lacking, but the students are exceptions and I'm wondering if anyone else will get Wednesday Adams vibes like I did. The dialogue is...a little forced.

It feels like they had a campy draft and a more serious draft, but couldn't decide which way to go, so they split the difference. Besides the premise, the next best thing about this is that the characters are unpredictable. You don't get to know anyone too well, so when someone snaps or takes a risk, it never feels forced.

Overall, it's mid. But it's a pretty fast watch with a really cool premise. I wish the execution were better, but this isn't bad.

There's Something in the Barn:
An American family fulfills their dream of moving back after inheriting a remote cabin in the mountains of Norway.

This is a horror-comedy pitting a family of four against an angry pack of "barn elves." It's a bit more violent than I expected, because it has a family vibe for the most part. The humor is 50/50, a sarcastic Norwegian cop got all my favorite quips. Anyway, this is a solid fish-out-of-water story that's not trying to reinvent the wheel. It's a decent watch.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Rolling Stone continuing their storied tradition of assembling the most trash top 10 lists in all of pop culture.

They crowned Skinamarink as the top horror movie of 2023

Skyy-John-zps26ba2623.gif

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
That shyt legit pissed me off. The movie itself and then the film school rejects that all engaged in an intellectual circle jerk to crown this movie as a stunning achievement in filmmaking. fukk out of here
yeah - i actually risked covid to go see this in the theater
my complaint in this thread about it is about a mile long
getting mad thinking about right now .