Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

morris

Superstar
Daps

I gave Dark Nature a shot. It's pretty much a ripoff of the Ritual but with a women's trip instead of men's. A group of women go on a hiking trip as part of a therapy treatment to get over past trauma. They stumble on the territory of a creature that makes them face their pasts and feeds on their pain in more than one way.

This takes place in America instead of Scandinavia, so it's a Native American lore-inspired creature instead of Nordic. They cut out the cult stuff. But otherwise, this starts as a slow burn until the creature reveal. Unfortunately, this is mid. It has a really beautiful environment to play with a very cool creature design. But it's not very creative with anything else...which leaves it as a poor man's The Ritual and nothing more.

ThanksgIrving had some of the coolest kills in a long time. Kinda tire of the ‘who’s the killer trope’ though. Def worth a look

And thanks for the synopsis @storyteller thought it was a Descent ripoff at first

morris

Superstar
Daps
Many many low-budget horror movies to d/l free here

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I watched a "few" movies since the last time that I posted.

Hellmaster

Looking back I don't really know wtf was going on here. When I was watching this movie I felt like I was drunk because things kept jumping all over the place. Not very good but I was entertained by it being so weird. I liked the start because it reminded me of Scanners or the X Men with young people being tested for powers.

I remember one guy pulled out a whip to defend himself. If that's something you carry on your person to defend yourself everyday:whoa:

Alien

This is a classic. Its been awhile because I remembered someone was a lol I wanted to say replicant. Even in the year 2122 people don't know how to quarantine:francis:

Alien$

I watched the director's cut. Been even longer watching this and had a great time. I never knew Vasquez was a white lady. Matter of fact a lot of this cast was in Near Dark:ohhh: The ending was strong once Ripley duct taped the two guns together.

Alien 3

I watched the Assembly cut. I think this movie suffered by being slower paced compared to the blockbuster Alien$. They also undercut everything Ripley accomplished at the end of the second movie. The side characters, Tywin Lannister and breh from Mimic, were the highlights of the film for me. The worst part is that in a lot of shots the Xenomorph looks terrible.

Alien Resurrection

It makes sense that Joss Whedon made this movie. If every Alien movie is a different genre then this movie is the straight to video horror comedy movie of the series. I enjoyed the movie but that doesn't mean it was good. Ron Perlman and Brad Dourif are always great no matter how bad the movie can be. Ripley dunking a basketball and that whole scene is over the top pure 90s cheese.

Prometheus

They probably should have just made this it's own universe. The plot was interesting and the creature designs were interesting. The downside is that so many characters do stupid things throughout the movie constantly.

Alien Covenant

The highlight of this movie was Michael Fassbender in both of the roles that he played. The plot was still interesting but still too many characters did dumb stuff. The worst was Dr. Manhattan going into the basement after he saw David treating a creature like a pet after he killed on of his crewmates. Dr. Manhattan thought people woulddn't follow him because of his faith. The real reason is that they knew this guy is an idiot.

The Exorcist

For a 50 year old movie the film still holds up descently. Some of the SFX weren't the best, looking at them today, so it kind of holds it back. Regardless the film is still watchable. The highlights are the theme song and the scenes where you go into Regan's room and everything goes to shyt.

The Exorcist II Heretic

Yea wtf. You can tell that this was a cash grab sequel. I didn't care for the priest or any scenes that he went off on his own. At least we got James Earl Jones in the movie.

The Exorcist III

If the second movie wasn't so bad I think this would be more regarded higher. I heard the sequels sucks so I never watched them but then recently I've heard that this was good and it is. Again Brad Dourif is great maybe even fantastic in this movie. Even as a horror fan I kind of wish that the old detective and priest had more scenes together because their comedic chemistry together was fantastic.

I was going to watch the new Exorcist movie but I feel like I shouldn't even bother now:snoop:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Dead Meat might not be around any longer.

This nikka James just said that there was a Genocide going on in Palestine.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Shudder’s got a few new drops that just hit. I haven’t watched em to say that they’re worthwhile; but between the classics and the new stuff, it’s actually got some solid options. It was slacking for a while, so it might be worth a one month binge and then drop.
Watched it . It was good. Not crazy big but it was good.