Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Anyone else miss Masters of Horrors! Showtime had a damn good run.
Miike and Carpenter crafted some straight-up gems for Masters of Horror. I think they're all on Tubi; they used to be. I wish Blumhouse would do something like that to promote their directors instead of buying up all the classic IPs. It could be their version of A24, give top-notch directors microbudgets and complete freedom to make something wild. Guaranteed to spark a bidding war from the streamers.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Anyone ever saw this show? I never heard of it until now

@1:30

Steven Matrix is one of the underworld's foremost hitmen until his luck runs out, and someone puts a contract out on him. Shot in the forehead by a .22 pistol, Matrix "dies" and finds himself in "The City In Between", where he is shown the faces of all the men and women he's murdered and a sea of fire. He's informed that he will be given a second chance. He must earn a reprieve from Hell by helping others. He then wakes up in the hospital, after an apparent "near death" experience. In each episode, Matrix meets a new "guide" from the world beyond, and is given a new assignment, much in the manner of an unwilling guardian angel. Usually his guides give him little or no useful information about the job to come, and his methods of handling the cases are sometimes as brutal as the rules of his old profession, but he gets the job done.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just watch the Funhouse for the first time ....... it was a fun movie ------------------ the chick in the red pants :shaq:

1e2042d0f35b59b63e7acf4b72f161b5cfa6a291.gifv

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Just finished The wicker man ( 1973 )

Kinda creepy shyt tho,, its was pretty cool,,, those creepy as people

Reminds me of gymkata 1985,, yall remember this shyt,,, the island people was creepy af,, i may need to watch again,, scared me as kid

gymkata.gif

gymkata-come-at-me.gif
I just saw it for the first time some weeks back. Good film, but the repetitive use of what I call the “barley song” wasn’t needed. Corny AF.:heh:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I gave Dark Nature a shot. It's pretty much a ripoff of the Ritual but with a women's trip instead of men's. A group of women go on a hiking trip as part of a therapy treatment to get over past trauma. They stumble on the territory of a creature that makes them face their pasts and feeds on their pain in more than one way.

This takes place in America instead of Scandinavia, so it's a Native American lore-inspired creature instead of Nordic. They cut out the cult stuff. But otherwise, this starts as a slow burn until the creature reveal. Unfortunately, this is mid. It has a really beautiful environment to play with a very cool creature design. But it's not very creative with anything else...which leaves it as a poor man's The Ritual and nothing more.