Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Finished!

25. Witch in the Window - Slow burn, good, tense drama
the phone scene with the wife and son :russ: :damn:
26. 1408 - classic - nikka should have died though
27. Ava's Possessions one of the better horror comedies in the 2000s- nice twist at the end as well.
28. Choice - Sharktopus 2023- or SHIN Sharktopus mixed with Deep rising - not as much fukkery as the original , but a decent time waster

29. Howling Village (Prime)=- beutifully shot movie , but it was all over the place, haunted phone, ghosts of dead villagers done wrong by corporate greed, wolf hybrid people, psuedo zombies??? again, some good weed or booze would have definitely helped this one out.
30. The Thing - classic- diabeetus- freaked the fukk out , self isolated and still got-got . probably the best isolation horror ever made
31. John Carpenter’s Halloween - all time classic - Mike the one of the best to ever do it. How Laurie smoke dope and survive , tho?? :russ:

25. That scene's so good!
30. Best isolation horror by a comfortable margin IMO.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

like the list
it just needs to be re ordered
I think The Thing is way too low and Hannibal is way too high
Definitely a solid list, but I agree that it's out of order and I also feel like it's kinda safe. I wouldn't count Ghostface, since there are really something like 12 different unique villains that wore the Ghostface costume. I'd say the same for Death, Jaws, and the Zombies from NOTLD. Plus, if you're gonna have those types of answers, then I want the Deadites included.

Maybe I'm just being a hater to make room for a few like...The Blind Man from Don't Breathe always stands out to me as a particularly MESSED UP character. Samara and the Tall Man would make my personal list too. I get why all three slipped, but that's what I mean by safe. No one's gonna hate on Frankenstein's Monster...but the Boris Karloff iconic performance is almost 100 years old now, and nothing else has come close since.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
i'm waching nightbreed,,,,,, I just realized the Practical effects were really good and it seem like they spent a lot time on the effects ,,,, effects was creepy af tho

images

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
For Halloween I watched Psycho 60, Halloween 78, and Scream. It was a fun time and I could see the influence progress throughout the movies. There's also a character named Loomis in all three. After Halloween I watched the rest of the Psycho movies and Midnight Mass.

Psycho 60

For sure a classic movie. Even at 63 years old I didn't feel like I bored rewatching the movie. I wanted to watch this since I heard the opening credits to Re-Animator :mjlol: While I was watching slasher movies I noticed that so many movies have a shower scene where a character dies or its implied that they will die. Funhouse had a fake out with a brother and sister which was weird btw.

Halloween 78

Great movie. I had the most fun watching Halloween this time. Probably my 3rd or 4th time watching it. I noticed that there are so many long shots. Michael Myers also appears at the edges of the screen or in the distance to always make you feel like things aren't safe.

Scream

I tried to pay attention to whole killed who during this watch through. I was thinking that the clue was the killer holding the knife upright or upside down. I looked online and saw a bunch of different answers so who the hell knows.

Psycho II

First time watching this and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't even know Jennifer Tilly had a sister until an episode of Chucky last year. Meg Tilly did well in this movie and the highlight was when she was crying holding the phone. I liked the twist and the story of a psycho murderer being released and trying to integrate back into society. If he was MIchael Myers tho I don't think so many people would have kept trying him:mjlol: It was also interesting seeing the difference between 60s and 80s films. In Psycho II there's more gore and nudity which isn't in the 60 version at all. Kind of odd that Psycho 90 is still rated R.

Is Meg Tilly the first lead asian woman in a horror movie? I thought it was Lexa Doig in Jason X. I was thinking about that when I watched the movie because someone on here said Kelly Hu should have been the final girl in Jason Takes Manhattan.

Psycho IIII

This movie went full "80s". Probably my least favorite in the franchise. Maureen has to be the dumbest character in a horror movie. She should have been dead at least 2 more times. I think Anthony Perkins did a good job directing. There were a few cool scene transitions like when someone walked through the door or when a knife transitions to the light beneath a door.

Psycho IV

I liked the idea of Norman Bates calling into a radio station and going through his life and his motives. Maybe this was the worst because Psycho III had some good fukkery. Olivia Hussey did a good job of playing Mrs. Bates. I need to watch Black Christmas in December. Henry Thomas also did a good job as a young Norman Bates.

Edit: CCH Ponder was good too. She was good in Demon Knight which I rewatched this year too.

I also watched Deadstream on @Jx2 recommendation

This was a funny movie but I also think the horror aspects in the movie were strong. I think that's a key component to a horror comedy. The streamer was portrayed good even though he was more annoying like PewDiePie, it was still accurate. I was laughing every time that he screamed. I liked how everything unfolded during the movie. I'll rewatch this in the future because I had such a good time.

Midnight Mass

I feel like this was more emotionally investing than House of Usher. I can't really say which one is better. HoU is more fun for sure, but I still think this was a strong story. The highlight for me was the church scene in episode 6. I liked the use of foreshadowing in this series. Two shocking surprises aren't shocking if you were paying attention to the story, but at the same time they didn't make it obvious that they would happen. If you watched the series I'm talking about Riley dieing on the canoe at sunrise, and the doctor being Mildred and the priest's daughter

Last edited: