Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
after she died (2022)

microbudget horror
the sense of dread / sorrow that permeates through this flick is almost maddening.
its like an extended twilight zone episode with blood
not everyones cup of tea as its mor suspenseful and dialogue driven
but its a decent flick

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
No One Will Save You Hulu 9/22

I read the article posted last week about fall horror movies but I skipped this one because I normally don't want to watch trailers and get spoiled. I'm still mad the best scare in Smile was in the trailer:snoop: I didn't remember the name and I watched the trailer on my YouTube homepage :russ: I saw the trailers for the other movies besides Saw X, Satanic Hispanics, Malibu Horror Story and Pet Sematary: Bloodlines.

The movie is directed and written by the guy who wrote The Babysitter, Underwater, and Love and Monsters. Those are 3 different but enjoyable movies.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
just finished AMC's preacher over the weekend
this had more gore in it than any rated R horror flick i have seen in the past 5 or so years
Shyts like a weekly Terrifier 2
more of an Action fantasy with horror elements , but still a damned good show
Horror Adjacent - so to speak

unbridled fukkery :russ: :ohlawd:

it takes me forever to finish stuff
I am still on season 5 of the blacklist

on the year 2019 for marvel comics

catching up on Anime from the early 2000's

basically, if shyts get repetitive - I will tune out until i get interested again

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
No One Will Save You Hulu 9/22

I read the article posted last week about fall horror movies but I skipped this one because I normally don't want to watch trailers and get spoiled. I'm still mad the best scare in Smile was in the trailer:snoop: I didn't remember the name and I watched the trailer on my YouTube homepage :russ: I saw the trailers for the other movies besides Saw X, Satanic Hispanics, Malibu Horror Story and Pet Sematary: Bloodlines.

The movie is directed and written by the guy who wrote The Babysitter, Underwater, and Love and Monsters. Those are 3 different but enjoyable movies.

Is this an alien abduction story?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Is this an alien abduction story?
Sort of, it's being described as a home invasion thriller but the invaders are aliens.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to be about but I'll check it
If it's like Terrified, it should be good. Terrified kinda squeezed multiple stories into one narrative, but it did that pretty well. It had aggressive scares, not overly relient on jump scares, and it tried to add a pseudo-scientific explanation to the haunting aspects. It's a cool movie (find it on Shudder).

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Sort of, it's being described as a home invasion thriller but the invaders are aliens.

If it's like Terrified, it should be good. Terrified kinda squeezed multiple stories into one narrative, but it did that pretty well. It had aggressive scares, not overly relient on jump scares, and it tried to add a pseudo-scientific explanation to the haunting aspects. It's a cool movie (find it on Shudder).
Never saw Terrified only Terrifier. Are they anything alike?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Never saw Terrified only Terrifier. Are they anything alike?
Very different franchises. Terrified is an Argentinian horror movie that plays out like haunted house movie, but the haunting is spreading throughout the neighborhood. This trailer is both good and bad for not showing ANY of the scares...it doesn't spoil a single scare (and there are good ones throughout).

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Very different franchises. Terrified is an Argentinian horror movie that plays out like haunted house movie, but the haunting is spreading throughout the neighborhood. This trailer is both good and bad for not showing ANY of the scares...it doesn't spoil a single scare (and there are good ones throughout).

Oh I'd this the one with the
creatures from another dimension that you have to be at an angle to see?

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Oh I'd this the one with the
creatures from another dimension that you have to be at an angle to see?
Yeah exactly. This whole part right here hooked me from early on

It got a bit wonky and out there as it went on, but the scares never really let up, and I enjoyed it. So this director definitely has my attention.