Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Psycho 2 & 4:lupe:

......fascinating how they tried to humanize Norman's psychosis until he brough that shovel out:merchant:

CCH Pounder (also killed it in Demon Knights) is such an underrated OG Sistah actress:myman:
Maybe I'll throw Psycho on my binge-list. I've done a few watch throughs (I did all the Friday the 13ths and all the Halloweens...couldn't get through Hell Raiser movies). Psycho would be a cool one since I only remember the original and the shot-for-shot remake.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watched the crazies again because i forgot i watched this movie in 2010

It was okay,,it kinda dry as fukk tho

MV5BMjAzMDU5OTg0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ4MjcwMw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
It cuts deep (2020)

another of the wifes pick.
indie microbudget horror
the actors do a decent job, but its a tad slow
but the buildup has a decent payoff.

its what i call "IFC" horror , lots of dialogue , little blood.

decent time waster to have on in the background if you are working

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
oh no
Tubi found footage Sci-fi horror

the lost vlog of Ruby Real (2020)

Just put it this way,
if it was any worse there would have to be two of them! :snoop:

59 minutes and its still too long

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I like this girl's reviews and deep dives. She gives a lot of background about how movies got made and why certain choices came about. I didn't know anything about the guys that made Talk to Me, so the inserts about their past and their outlook going forward were really cool.

But I actually think her longer deep dives into franchises are her best content,

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

I like this girl's reviews and deep dives. She gives a lot of background about how movies got made and why certain choices came about. I didn't know anything about the guys that made Talk to Me, so the inserts about their past and their outlook going forward were really cool.

But I actually think her longer deep dives into franchises are her best content,

I never heard of her and I watched this video because I watched Suspiria 1977 for the first time a couple days ago.

I watched the remake last year and really couldn't figure which one I liked more. The story in 1977 is pretty bare bones but the imagery and sound are amazing. Nothing looks right in 1977 with like all the colors especially red, the crazy wallpaper, and the crazy shots. The music made me feel like someone was right behind me all the time.

I was thinking the story in the remake was better but like she said in the video yea they give you more but is it really necessary. I disagree with her about the endings. I like the ending to the remake more. The ending in the 2018 version gives you that feeling of :damn: the fukk going on here. You feel like anything can happen. I really like the dancing in the remake as well.

The thing is though the way 1977 is shot and the music just gives you a feeling the whole time of somethings not right but it never delivers on something as shocking as the first death. I didn't talk about it before but yea the first death gives you the feeling of :damn: because that shyt is crazy. You got a hairy ass arm coming out the window and a girl getting stabbed like she's in Scream 6:mjlol: Then out of no where she has an exposed heart and she gets stabbed like shes in a Mortal Kombat X-Ray:dead: And she gets thrown through a stained glass window to be hung:dahell: This is just unnecessary levels of abuse this girl went through from that witch. That's some
521ca411-e17c-44ac-9ba8-33a0a26dba54_text.gif
shyt or what Art the Clown did to that girl in Terrifier 2. Like damn she's been dead why you keep going:damn:. And its a witch doing all this. Like she got magic and doesn't use it she like this is personal let me get my blade.

The 1977 movie also has lots of just weird stuff that happens. I like that especially in a horror movie. When Susie gets out of the airport an absurd amount of wind hits her and blows her scarf. I'm talking like full industrial fan levels in her face. Another weird scene is a girl tosses another girl a towel but it was obviously done by a guy trying to take her head off. There's probably other weird small things like that I'm forgetting.

Alright after watching the video and typing this I'm going with 1977 for now. If they had one more death scene that came close again in 1977 it would be one of my favorite films . I can't really think of another horror movie where the death scene was so over the top and came that fast.

I first found out about Giallo films after I watched some in-depth reviews on Malignant because I enjoyed that movie so much because of the small weird things that happened. When I'm done with my summer horror movie watch through I'm going to watch some more before October.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Sector 7 (2011)

South Korean unknown monster on an isolated oil rig during a once in a lifetime storm (sound familiar)

entertaining flick
falls under , the plot is similar to other movies, but this actually a good movie

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I never heard of her and I watched this video because I watched Suspiria 1977 for the first time a couple days ago.

I watched the remake last year and really couldn't figure which one I liked more. The story in 1977 is pretty bare bones but the imagery and sound are amazing. Nothing looks right in 1977 with like all the colors especially red, the crazy wallpaper, and the crazy shots. The music made me feel like someone was right behind me all the time.

I was thinking the story in the remake was better but like she said in the video yea they give you more but is it really necessary. I disagree with her about the endings. I like the ending to the remake more. The ending in the 2018 version gives you that feeling of :damn: the fukk going on here. You feel like anything can happen. I really like the dancing in the remake as well.

The thing is though the way 1977 is shot and the music just gives you a feeling the whole time of somethings not right but it never delivers on something as shocking as the first death. I didn't talk about it before but yea the first death gives you the feeling of :damn: because that shyt is crazy. You got a hairy ass arm coming out the window and a girl getting stabbed like she's in Scream 6:mjlol: Then out of no where she has an exposed heart and she gets stabbed like shes in a Mortal Kombat X-Ray:dead: And she gets thrown through a stained glass window to be hung:dahell: This is just unnecessary levels of abuse this girl went through from that witch. That's some
521ca411-e17c-44ac-9ba8-33a0a26dba54_text.gif
shyt or what Art the Clown did to that girl in Terrifier 2. Like damn she's been dead why you keep going:damn:. And its a witch doing all this. Like she got magic and doesn't use it she like this is personal let me get my blade.

The 1977 movie also has lots of just weird stuff that happens. I like that especially in a horror movie. When Susie gets out of the airport an absurd amount of wind hits her and blows her scarf. I'm talking like full industrial fan levels in her face. Another weird scene is a girl tosses another girl a towel but it was obviously done by a guy trying to take her head off. There's probably other weird small things like that I'm forgetting.

Alright after watching the video and typing this I'm going with 1977 for now. If they had one more death scene that came close again in 1977 it would be one of my favorite films . I can't really think of another horror movie where the death scene was so over the top and came that fast.

I first found out about Giallo films after I watched some in-depth reviews on Malignant because I enjoyed that movie so much because of the small weird things that happened. When I'm done with my summer horror movie watch through I'm going to watch some more before October.

That bold really nails down what made Suspiria so memorable for me. The entire movie is like a trip into the uncanny valley or an extended dream (actually, there's a similar vibe in the dream sequence in Exorcist 3 IMO). The visuals, the way people behave, even the cuts and transitions have a "something's not quite right" element to them. It's my favorite giallo film (though that's not my favorite genre admittedly).

Ironically, the comparison with the newer version just made me thing that I owe that new one a second watch. I remember the movie for it's most visceral moments with the witches and of course "that" dance sequence (you know the one). But I hadn't been pressed to go back and rewatch because I thought it dragged in some sections...and now that you mention it, I think that's where the "filling in things that didn't need to be filled in" element comes in.

I'm definitely gonna go back and watch that new version again.

Speaking of Giallo, it's far from his best work but Dario Argento directed his first new movie in something like a decade last year. It's called Dark Glasses and I think it's on Shudder. I thought it was alright, but very mid (well below the standard of his classics). But it's short enough and solid enough that it makes a fun watch as a modern effort from an ATG horror auteur.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I never saw freaky but I liked happy death day! 😸
Freaky's pretty good (not great, but worth a watch). It's Freaky Friday the 13th aka a bodyswap movie where the final girl and the slasher swap bodies. It wound up having some really good kills and a solid sense of humor. I think this is a promising pick to helm the Scream Franchise and hopefully move it in a different direction from the approach of the past two.

I think Radio Silence did well to introduce these new characters, but they had missteps in Scream 6 that only got exacerbated by Ghostface in Toronto (I'll forever maintain that the city never felt like NYC for me).

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So this movie hasn't got a trailer that I can find. But I've heard a few reactions from festival screenings that were enthusiastic and the premise sounds awesome.

Late night with the devil...a found footage style movie about a latenight show that brings in a occult guests for Halloween.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
let's discuss the A nightmare on Elm AVENUE series , brehs :russ::dead: