Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
:deadrose:
@Jello Biafra we need you back asap!!!!you’ve been summoned, my guy🖤 ^^^^

There was sooo much blood so soooooo much blood. Where did They possibly manufacture that much blood from ?

This might be new favorite reboot (is it a reboot or a sequel?) franchise to replace Halloween Ends/kills.

I’m about to watch EDR again right Damn now - seeing it on a week night didn’t suffice and I wasn’t able to finish my commentary. And I knew that I had to be up at 6am this morning but now I can watch sans distractions

I'm curious how the second watch will hit. I remember my second watch on Hereditary, being aware where things were heading made everything more intense. The way EDR escalates, I could see a similar effect :damn:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I'm curious how the second watch will hit. I remember my second watch on Hereditary, being aware where things were heading made everything more intense. The way EDR escalates, I could see a similar effect :damn:
:deadrose::lupe:
I feel braver now though.. we’re about to find out
:damn:

Im watching it tonight with my night light on and my horror watch bestie named “Milky” whom I jacked from my daughters stuffed animal collection
Ib6hUjr_d.webp

Don’t judge, I’m a woman home alone who needs her security during moments of horror intensity; he’s been with me longer that my last 2 relationships
:unimpressed:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I want to rewatch the Evil Dead franchise this weekend. I'll watch Army of Darkness if Lakers win tonight.

My list for this weekend is:
  • Prince of Darkness
  • Into the Mouth of Madness
  • Castle Freak
  • Dagon
  • Evil Dead
  • Evil Dead 2

Evil Dead Rise is a sidequel? I just made that up but Evil Dead 1, 2, Army of Darkness is one thing. Evil Dead 2013 is another one. Evil Dead Rise is another. In Army of Darkness theres 3 Necronomicons and each one is supposed to be for each continuity. The director of Evil Dead Rise ran that retcon through Raimi and Cambell and they liked it. Maybe theyll all meet together, the director has plans for 2 more movies.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Evil Dead Rise is a sidequel? I just made that up but Evil Dead 1, 2, Army of Darkness is one thing. Evil Dead 2013 is another one. Evil Dead Rise is another. In Army of Darkness theres 3 Necronomicons and each one is supposed to be for each continuity. The director of Evil Dead Rise ran that retcon through Raimi and Cambell and they liked it. Maybe theyll all meet together, the director has plans for 2 more movies.
There was a discussion about that in the official thread as well

I cant remember if they addressed it in the TV series
and
they had a copy of it in Jason goes to hell as well
I remember the first time i saw it , i was like

pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I want to rewatch the Evil Dead franchise this weekend. I'll watch Army of Darkness if Lakers win tonight.

• Prince of Darkness
  • Castle Freak
  • Dagon
  • Evil Dead
  • Evil Dead 2

:ohhh:
That’s the perfect description word for this, Duke. Impressive.

I can’t wait to see what other movies they come up - Evil Dead has become my new franchise watch obsession since EDR. Revitalized the genre bc we had way too many dubs and disappointments off the “bigname” sequels, requels and reboots.

Daps
Reppin
Denver

• Prince of Darkness
  • Castle Freak
  • Dagon
  • Evil Dead
  • Evil Dead 2

Can’t wait to have Randy’s distant cousin explain what a sidequel is to a room full of suspects in Scream: Rising, staring none of the current cast.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watching Evil Dead 2013 wondering how I missed this on it’s first run back in 2013
:dahell:
First 30 mins is Almost as good as the 2023 version - no one should ever even think about opening a book made of human skin and written in blood that they find in their basement and yet here they are - the book literally says do not read, do not speak, do not write from these pages …he does exactly that 🙄

Noticing that similarities between 2023, 2013 so far with the vines, manner of possession, angsty emo main character with a dark past, rainy day/flood, people trying to escape but a physical obstruction makes it impossible to leave, blood vomit

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
2013 might be just as f’ed up and sinister as 2023 from what I’ve seen so far
😳:deadrose:

My one complaint about this is how everybody so easily leaves one of their friends in a room or a place in the house alone as if there’s not a demonic entity running around, like why wouldn’t you go in groups?
Examples : “I’m going up to check on Mia” .. said person leaves and never comes back

“I’m going to grab some supplies from the kitchen”
…again, person never comes back or is suspiciously gone for a long time and then this happens

If they stop leaving each other by themselves they wouldn’t keep getting caught up
:wtf: :skip:

Last edited:

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
2013 might be just as f’ed up and sinister as 2023 from what I’ve seen so far
😳:deadrose:

My one complaint about this is how everybody so easily leaves one of their friends in a room or a place in the house alone as if there’s not a demonic entity running around, like why wouldn’t you go in groups?
Examples : “I’m going up to check on Mia” .. said person leaves and never comes back

“I’m going to grab some supplies from the kitchen”
…again, person never comes back or is suspiciously gone for a long time

2013 walked so 2023 could run! 😹