Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Are there any horror movie documentary or even regular movie documentaries you guys can recommend?

2 more for you

Wolfman's got Nards
Monster Squad doc (acquired taste) I enjoyed the movie
it a love letter to classic monsters

Swallowed By souls - The making of Evil dead 2

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Are there any horror movie documentary or even regular movie documentaries you guys can recommend?

So far I've seen

Into the Darkness 1 and 2. I didn't know the 3rd one came out
Never Sleep Again (This one got me into these)
HIs Name is Jason
Camp Crystal Lake Memories(Better but way longer)
Living With Chucky
Best Worst Movie( Troll 2 doc)
Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror
Direct to Video: Straight to Video Horror of the 90s (I didn't know any of these movies beyond random Puppet Masters and the Jack Frost movies)
I watched the first episode of the Amityville docu-series that @Nicole0416_718_929_646212 mentioned a while back, and it's REALLY good.

Cursed Films is cool because it's not just about the making of films, but creepy happenings on horror sets).

I have Unearthed and Untold: the Path to Pet Sematary queued up to watch sometime soon. It's on Screambox.

Hail to the Deadites is about the Evil Dead fandom.

Then I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre: the Shocking Truth on Tubi a while back, but cut it off because I wound up listening the audiobook Chainsaw Confidential instead.

You could add a couple of the better documentary-style horror movies for some flavor too. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon and Lake Mungo are really great. Plus there are pretty good campy ones like Digging up the Marrow too.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I watched the first episode of the Amityville docu-series that @Nicole0416_718_929_646212 mentioned a while back, and it's REALLY good.
Riggghttt- 1st episode was creepy asf. I wasn’t expecting it to be that good but they managed to add ALOT of background and info that I’ve never heard about the house or families from previous movies or docs. Also they claimed that the set of the movie was cursed and the actors from the 70s and 2000s era started having offbrand events going on during filming. Never heard that discussed before.

Like the news about the grandfather being in the mafia and the father of the Lutz family literally summoning demons by reading their names out of a book from being in a cult - that man conjured up entities on purpose that he couldn’t contain and then wonders why he was so easily mentally and physically susceptible to evil influences combined with the fact that he seemed like a true selfish piece of shyt.

The episode where they talked about the real Ed and Lorraine Warren wanted nothing to do with the house was 😳you know you f—kked up when certified paranormal investigators don’t want ANYTHING to do with that was crazy 😭

The funniest part that broke the tension were their neighbors selectively shytting on them during the interviews of past and present - ruthless
:deadrose:

As soon as the series opener lead with this - I knew it was about to be wild unsettling
rWno3Rg_d.webp

I’m not watching anymore episodes by myself - f that. Definitely not at night. I have my limits of terrorification with Dead Eye George and Co - I admit it.
:mjlol:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Riggghttt- 1st episode was creepy asf. I wasn’t expecting it to be that good but they managed to add ALOT of background and info that I’ve never heard about the house or families from previous movies or docs. Also they claimed that the set of the movie was cursed and the actors from the 70s and 2000s era started having offbrand events going on during filming. Never heard that discussed before.

Like the news about the grandfather being in the mafia and the father of the Lutz family literally summoning demons by reading their names out of a book from being in a cult - that man conjured up entities on purpose that he couldn’t contain and then wonders why he was so easily mentally and physically susceptible to evil influences combined with the fact that he seemed like a true selfish piece of shyt.

The episode where they talked about the real Ed and Lorraine Warren wanted nothing to do with the house was 😳you know you f—kked up when certified paranormal investigators don’t want ANYTHING to do with that was crazy 😭

The funniest part that broke the tension were their neighbors selectively shytting on them during the interviews of past and present - ruthless
:deadrose:

As soon as the series opener lead with this - I knew it was about to be wild unsettling
rWno3Rg_d.webp

I’m not watching anymore episodes by myself - f that. Definitely not at night. I have my limits of terrorification with Dead Eye George and Co - I admit it.
:mjlol:

That whole thing with them chanting demonic names was WILD to hear. It's loaded with stuff I never heard of and I'm only one episode in. That opening quote grabbed me too! Whole show seems creepy as hell.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
That whole thing with them chanting demonic names was WILD to hear. It's loaded with stuff I never heard of and I'm only one episode in. That opening quote grabbed me too! Whole show seems creepy as hell.
Hope I didn’t say too much about the doc - I thought that you watched the three eps already - my bad
:lupe:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Cryptid (2022)

finally got to watch this while migrating to a new remote desktop workspace today

i am 50/50 on this one

pros
decent plot
good acting
decent kills
would not mind a sequel

cons
too long - could have cut 35 minutes from it and it would have been a lot better
(too much story not enough killing)
the monster looks................goofy
the night scenes are too dark not sure if it ws because of the lack of fx budget or bad equipment