Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
So yall tryna tell me not a single horror classic has broken the top 10 since 1996 :dahell: I'm certified in the horror genre this is my shyt y'all got me fukked up, only thing I agree with is the GOAT.

1) Halloween
2) Dawn Of The Dead ( I've watched this movie more than any other movie ever so I'm admittedly biased but this movie is so fukkin fire and wit Ving Rhames and Mekhi Phifer in they bag :wow: on some different nikka shyt it's what I cut on for the hoes and parlay bout his relationship wit ol girl and how far he was willing to go for his queen.. #freegame)
3) Train To Busan (low-key same parallel wit husky rice breh and his chick, incredible rewatchability)
4) The Silence Of The Lambs
5) The Shining
6) Get Out
7) Hereditary
8) It Follows
9) The Conjuring
10) Alien

You gotta respect the movies that paved the way, and also acknowledge those that transcend their eras and withstand the test of time. It's like ball, Halloween is Jordan and with the silence of the lambs, the shining, and alien you got classics that are still standing tall in 2023, but come on breh these new nikkas eating too. Zombies is my favorite sub genre within horror so I know my list is skewed in that sense, but putting those aside the other newer films on my list demand some respect. Jordan Peele did dat :blessed:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I’m tired of folks pretending that every movie that comes from A24 is a classic
When Everything Everywhere All at Once had won all them Oscars, a part of me was genuinely proud of the cast and crew for their efforts…it really was a great film. But then I thought about how such grand victories would make the “A24 doesn’t miss” crowd even more insufferable to deal with than before. :snoop:

A24 has misses just like any other production company, they just do a better job at burying those duds with their quality hits.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I keep hearing Beef is an amazing series, I watched a few trailers, read the synopsis...still can't figure out what's going on. So I refuse to watch it until I get some clarity.
Saw Yeun attached and dove into Beef blind with no regrets. Performances were great and while the show managed to muster a laugh outta me multiple times, I was more impressed with the layers in its story. Show does an excellent job bringing audiences into the headspace of the two main characters and understanding not only their fears and insecurities, but why they do the petty things they do. It’s a dark series overall that gets unapologetically weird, although I’ll say still more accessible than the quirks from something like Swarm as of late.

Legit the best Netflix show I’ve watched in god knows how long and I can’t remember the last time I’ve actually binge watched a show on there. :mjlol:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Radio Silence was actually eyeing this as their potential next project following their first Scream pic but given how successful their Scream turned out, Paramount wanted to move fast on a sequel and quickly got that film into production. With Scream VI breaking franchise records, Radio Silence now turned their eyes to getting their secret monster movie off the ground and lined this up as their next feature.

In the vein of the Studio’s recent hits like The Invisible Man and Renfield, this untitled monster thriller provides a unique take on legendary monster lore and will represent a fresh, new direction for how to celebrate these classic characters. Universal Monster films are rooted in the horror genre, with no restrictions on budget, rating or genre. They are not part of a shared interconnected universe, which allows each film to stand on its own. This new direction is filmmaker-driven, inviting innovative filmmakers with original, bold ideas for these characters to develop the stories and pitch them

As much fun as the Scream flicks have been, I think it’s cool Radio Silence will do their own thing again.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps

For the people that watched Scream 6 is it true she stepped it up in the latest installment? I remember watching 5 and thinking Jenna Ortega was outshinning her when she got out of the hospital.

I watched Dusk Til Dawn 2 and 3.

The second movie was low budget with some OK ideas. Whoever shot or directed the movie had to be big a Tarantino fan. There's so many shots looking out of something. Damn near everytime a vampire bites something, multiple shots out of trunks, shots out of skulls, shots out of poles, shots out of shots. God damn it got annoying. Tuck and the T1000 were the highlights of the movie.

I enjoyed Dusk Til Dawn 3 a lot. Maybe it's because I don't watch many westerns but I had fun with the story before they got to the Bordello. I didn't like that the vampire blood was green. The vampire story with Jango Fett was pretty weak. I'm calling him Jango Fett cause he wasn't :flabbynsick:like when he plays Boba Fett. Orlando Jones was underutilized. Besides the green blood and the vampire bats the effects were very good. There we also some interesting deaths in this movie. I don't think I'll watch 2 again but I'll check this one out for sure.