Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
What about medieval horror movies? After I played the Diablo 4 beta I've been wanting something like that but on screen. I want something rated R and Gory please.

I've been watching movies but not posting. I watched Flesh+Blood which was an adult Medieval movie but not horror. Was good, has Rutger Haur who was the Hitchhiker in it. Also had Jennifer Jason Leigh, she was in The Hitchiker's too, in her first role I think. I liked the movie and it was directed by Paul Verhoeven who did RoboCop, Total Recall, Starship Troopers, and Basic Instict.

I also watched Annihilation with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Natalie Portman. That was a bad good movie. The movie did a lot of things great and a lot of things bad. Man I wish this was better. I've kind of been on a horror Sci fi kick after I watched Event Horizon.

I watched Signs somewhere in between. I really like that movie probably my favorite M Night movie. Seen it so many times but this was the first in 15+ years.

I'll make a post about what I watched over the weekend. I stopped watching Kill Her Goats. Might go back but its pretty much just a softcover Cinemax movie with not enough gore and not enough sex.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
What about medieval horror movies? After I played the Diablo 4 beta I've been wanting something like that but on screen. I want something rated R and Gory please.

I'll make a post about what I watched over the weekend. I stopped watching Kill Her Goats. Might go back but its pretty much just a softcover Cinemax movie with not enough gore and not enough sex.
I was one of the few people that liked Black Death , its a decent Mediaeval horror flick, well action horror.
For Kill her goats, just don't go back, your life will be so much the better for it.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Are the Dusk Til Dawn sequels worth watching? I only ever saw the 1st one multiple times. As long as it's better than the John Carpenter's Vampires sequel it'll be OK with me.

ehhhh- as standalone movies , the 2 sequels are okay. decent gore, mid plots, but they are not touching the original by a country mile
From dusk til dawn did not deserve sequels like this ......at all
I personally think the tv show is better than the sequels.
the first season is rough, but once it finds its footing, it full of fukkery.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I'll probably give this one a watch when it comes out, for the nostalhia factor alone.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I just finished a really great horror comic series and on looking into it, I found out it's already been optioned for an animated movie from Paramount. It's called Stray Dogs, and the tag lines label it a Disney movie crossed with Silence of the Lambs.

...and that's accurate, here's a trailer for the comic series

Dogs minds function similar to real life in this series. So they can't form short term memories. A protagonist pup gets taken to a new home full of stray dogs that the "master" has taken in. The pup can't recall exactly, but she knows something's wrong. So the series follows the pup and pack of dogs as they look for clues around the house to trigger memories of their old masters, what happened to the old masters, and how they wound up in this new home.

It's got my little pony art, cute dog behaviors, and potentially a serial killer lurking in the background...it's SOOOOO good! The movie deal's been official since the comic came out in 2021, with no updates. So I'm worried that it will stay locked in development hell, but I REALLY hope this gets made. Also, all the comic covers are homages to horror classics. Check it out

5884760.jpg

_c50bf4db71.jpg

images

3c25bb38-bc90-15b0-43bd-3748241fa39e.jpg