Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
At the start of the trailer when I heard the woman say "Sawasdee kha" I was a little hyped because Thai horror is always wild but then I got a bit disappointed when it was just dudes in fuzzy bear masks instead of little murderous stuffed teddy bears with ninja swords.
I know right , I was rooting for animatronics myself.

I wanted something like this , but with lots of blood! :russ: :dead:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Saw the new Scream finally
Almost all the Scream movies have a decent level of quality behind them
which is saying a lot for a franchises' 6th installment.
I enjoyed it, not the best in the series by any means , but definitely not the worst.
to me , it has the second best opening sequence in the series.
But "10 steps ahead"
ole' boy from arrow - he always plays an excellent surprise villain
survived this, will probably go buck wild in the sequel
Right up to the end I was expecting Josh Segarra to be under one of those Ghostface masks just because I assume dude is the bad guy in everything I see him in.
It would be cool if they bring him back in Scream 7 where it's revealed that he is that movie's Ghostface and he was working a long con to maybe find Sidney or he was Amber's dad or brother or something

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

A former free-spirit gets pregnant and begins to worry about her ability to raise a child, the lack of freedom it entails, and a the changes to her body. Her fears manifest in a haunting from the bone lady, and she'll need to consult healers and rituals to confront it. All the best parts of this are body horror sequences. It's sorta doing the Babadook thing of "raising kids isn't all rainbows and butterflies" but applies that to pregnancy.

It's definitely artful, with some really nice cinematography. The gore and hauntings are visceral with the cracking and bone breaking. But I was drawn to this by the 99% critical score on RT, and I was a bit disappointed. It's slow, with a lot of dream sequences that make latter scenes feel less impactful. But it's still pretty good.

9 times out of 10 I end up disappointed by highly critically rated horror movies.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
9 times out of 10 I end up disappointed by highly critically rated horror movies.
The hype trains this year have all been weak. Skinamarink was a gimmick on top of a creepypasta. Outwaters took all the worst things about Blair witch and dialed them up to “this is giving me a headache.” And Huesera was mid.

It’s making me nervous about the hype building for evil dead.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The hype trains this year have all been weak. Skinamarink was a gimmick on top of a creepypasta. Outwaters took all the worst things about Blair witch and dialed them up to “this is giving me a headache.” And Huesera was mid.

It’s making me nervous about the hype building for evil dead.
There is this trend for horror centric media and reviewers to go into overhype mode for certain films that annoys me.
Like there is no way anyone really enjoyed Skinamarink I don't give a damn how many times they push that its "experimental" and like being in a "waking dream".
It's a bullshyt short film with 95 unnecessary minutes added onto it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So what did everyone think of Swarm?
I liked it but was on episode 5 thinking that it probably should've been a 2 hour movie instead of a 7 episode series and then I watched episode 6 came. That is when the vision became crystal clear and I took me from liking it to loving it.
My only gripe is that they went too abstract with the ending and left some stuff off the table that could've been really awesome to see.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So what did everyone think of Swarm?
I liked it but was on episode 5 thinking that it probably should've been a 2 hour movie instead of a 7 episode series and then I watched episode 6 came. That is when the vision became crystal clear and I took me from liking it to loving it.
My only gripe is that they went too abstract with the ending and left some stuff off the table that could've been really awesome to see.
I've said "this could have been shorter" for two or three recent Prime series, I swear. The Rig and The Devil's Hour come to mind immediately.

I liked Swarm too.
It had that Atlanta sense of humor mixed with the killer vibes. Then the unreliable narrator status from the last few episodes turned it into something different in a good way. That end almost felt like Taxi Driver to me. It sorta feels like a copout, but it's the type that'll let geeks put together a bunch of theories about Dre. I love a good character study with an abstract ending (like Broadcast Signal Interruption).