Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
On another weird horror note.
My weird breh stationed in Japan texted me with another niche movie.

How do we feel about:

Lovecraftian themed public bathroom glory hole horror ???

I was like, really nikka??:what:

Then I watched the trailer and was like :ehh:

:dame:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
On another weird horror note.
My weird breh stationed in Japan texted me with another niche movie.

How do we feel about:

Lovecraftian themed public bathroom glory hole horror ???

I was like, really nikka??:what:

Then I watched the trailer and was like :ehh:

:dame:

I saw the poster for Glorious first and was intrigued then saw the trailer and realized it was the type of out of the box weirdness I tend to like so I'm definitely all in on checking it out.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This looks amazing!:russ:

Shark Side Of The Moon
During the Cold War, the USSR developed a breed of hyper-aggressive sharks. Unable to kill them, Soviet military leaders launched the sharks at the moon. Flash-forward to present day and the first team of American astronauts on the moon in decades must repair a module found on the dark side... but come face-to-face with the unkillable Russian moon sharks.

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
This looks amazing!:russ:

Shark Side Of The Moon
During the Cold War, the USSR developed a breed of hyper-aggressive sharks. Unable to kill them, Soviet military leaders launched the sharks at the moon. Flash-forward to present day and the first team of American astronauts on the moon in decades must repair a module found on the dark side... but come face-to-face with the unkillable Russian moon sharks.
fukk it ...I'm in :francis::yeshrug:

abominable1

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

this was actually pretty good
like Texas chainsaw massacre at sea (70's grindhouse feel)

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Starting to come around on horror TV shows. Just finished the 3 Flanagan Netflix shows. Any other must watches?
Horror tv shows on Netflix? excuse the brevity but that would be a “NO” nothing memorable for me, not on the American side. unless you’re into Spanish language or German, French tv shows.

Recently started watching The Witcher tv series - if you’re into fantasy- horror type shows. It’s good but I need to be in the mood for it.

SANDMAN series just dropped today though. I have that on my watchlist for this weekend.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Starting to come around on horror TV shows. Just finished the 3 Flanagan Netflix shows. Any other must watches?
I’d give Brand New Cherry Flavor a spin on Netflix. Its a trip of a witchcraft series, with some absolute madness.

The Grudge has a one season series on there that I think is better than pretty much any of the sequels (but be prepared bc it is messed up). Ju-On Origins.

The older seasons of the Slasher series are on it. Those vary in quality but aren’t bad if you need something to throw on with some gory kills.

And then for a couple more that I’d probably put under the rest but that were still cool. There’s one called Marianne and a newer joint called archive 81 that are both dope premises with strong starts but that I thought slipped up as they went on.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Horror tv shows on Netflix? excuse the brevity but that would be a “NO” nothing memorable for me, not on the American side. unless you’re into Spanish language or German, French tv shows.

Recently started watching The Witcher tv series - if you’re into fantasy- horror type shows. It’s good but I need to be in the mood for it.

SANDMAN series just dropped today though. I have that on my watchlist for this weekend.
I’d give Brand New Cherry Flavor a spin on Netflix. Its a trip of a witchcraft series, with some absolute madness.

The Grudge has a one season series on there that I think is better than pretty much any of the sequels (but be prepared bc it is messed up). Ju-On Origins.

The older seasons of the Slasher series are on it. Those vary in quality but aren’t bad if you need something to throw on with some gory kills.

And then for a couple more that I’d probably put under the rest but that were still cool. There’s one called Marianne and a newer joint called archive 81 that are both dope premises with strong starts but that I thought slipped up as they went on.
Not just Netflix, those just happened to be where I started.

Nicole, did you see Haunting of Hill House and Midnight Mass? I’m usually with you on Netflix originals being consistently trash, but those 2 were great

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not just Netflix, those just happened to be where I started.

Nicole, did you see Haunting of Hill House and Midnight Mass? I’m usually with you on Netflix originals being consistently trash, but those 2 were great
To be honest - I wasn’t that enthusiastic about either one of those 2 as I got more into the episodes. Didn’t finish the Midnight Mass series. Same with Archive 81. Lost interest. Haunted Hill was okay, nothing really to leave a lasting impression for me. But don’t hold to my opinion or eval. when it comes to my rationale of those - I’m just sooooo over the psychological drama horror subgenre and slow builds, I need immediate escalation these days. I’m back on my werewolf, vampire watches - which is why I’m HBOMax >>>> everything, at the moment.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
To be honest - I wasn’t that enthusiastic about either one of those 2 as I got more into the episodes. Didn’t finish the Midnight Mass series. Same with Archive 81. Lost interest. Haunted Hill was okay, nothing really to leave a lasting impression for me. But don’t hold to my opinion or eval. when it comes to my rationale of those - I’m just sooooo over the psychological drama horror subgenre and slow builds, I need immediate escalation these days. I’m back on my werewolf, vampire watches - which is why I’m HBOMax >>>> everything, at the moment.
Midnight mass reallllllly ratcheted up in the last 2 episodes. But yeah they were both super slow builds

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Speaking of hbomax horror, I’ve been meaning to watch 30 Coins. The premise is dope and the creature at the end of the first episode was enough for me to have high expectations the rest of the way.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Speaking of hbomax horror, I’ve been meaning to watch 30 Coins. The premise is dope and the creature at the end of the first episode was enough for me to have high expectations the rest of the way.
I couldn’t find anything that I was really feeling until I started scrolling through Hbo max and I noticed either 1) horror/thriller movies from the 90s -2000s that I’ve never seen before or 2) series/ movies that I started watching but never finished for one reason or another. 30 coins was one of those. Real strong start to that

I still can’t believe that I’ve never saw Blade until a couple of days ago..but then again that was a time where you had to physically go to a theater or wait 4eva until Blockbuster video :old: dropped a copy, and then when you got there, better hope it’s not all rented out .. so it could be like 2 years before you see it:laugh: not like now with all of the streaming apps you wait 1- 4 months or in some cases, same day as the movie.

This weekend my watches:
Prey - Hulu
Sandman - Netflix
Dark Wind - AMC+
Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin (2022) - Hbo
City on a Hill - showtime
The Raid: Redemption - Hbo (heard it’s like the foreign version of Dredd)