Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
25 Days of Christmas Horror
Day Three: Better Watch Out

2ckDfrZ.png

This movie’s biggest selling point is the way it pulls of twists (big twists, really big twists and “Holy shyt! Did that just happen?” twists) with a skill that never makes the audience feel as if their intelligence is being insulted. To it’s credit the shifts in tone never feel jarring either. As things go from comedy to comedy-horror to outright horrific, the transition is seamless.
The young cast are all really good in their roles and play the adult scenarios very convincingly. And I loved Patrick Warburton and Virginia Madsen as the clueless parents.
On the flip side, I personally was not a fan of the final twist at the end of the film despite how well it was executed and most likely how satisfying it was to the majority of audiences. I’d have preferred the darker tone continue all the way through the end credits.
Ultimately, Better Watch Out is a great addition to the Christmas horror movie sub-genre that constantly keeps viewers on their toes by zigging where you would expect it to zag. Definitely worth a watch.

I give 'Better Watch Out' 3.5 out of 4 Gun Totin' Santa Loomis'
nLv5U9d.png

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:bryan::bryan:
Never seen this - another one for my Christmas themed weekend watch list.

Your description review is all types of Wtf???? The 80s - I don’t even ask questions no more.
:deadmanny::deadmanny:

Basically he turned Santa serial killer after having post traumatic ptsd from his moms extra Marital sexcapades :laff:
The 80s did not miss when it comes to outlandish fukkery.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
25 Days of Christmas Horror
Day Four: Krampus

8wkzAx2.jpg

I give the folks behind Krampus credit for attempting to make a film in the vein of Joe Dante’s Gremlins where the point isn’t to do full-blown horror but instead a mix of dark fantasy/comedy. We don’t see that subgenre being attempted as much anymore which is a shame.
This movie also boasts a really good cast with David Koechner and veteran character actress Conchata Ferrell being stand-outs.
And I really loved the satisfyingly bleak ending to this film.
The one problem I had with Krampus the movie is the look of Krampus himself. The design of Krampus' face was especially bad with the poor guy looking like he just had a massive stroke.
Overall though, Krampus is a successful attempt at family friendly dark fantasy horror that is definitely worth a viewing.

I give 'Krampus' 3 out of 4 Gun Totin' Santa Loomis'
o2axJw6.png

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah...I wonder if he's going to die first?:troll:
Really- you should quit while you’re not ahead, my guy
confused.gif

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Fede Álvarez—aka the guy who did a pretty darn good job with that 2013 Evil Dead reboot; he also made 2016's Don’t Breathe—says 2022's Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which he co-wrote and produced, is the product of people who are huge fans of the franchise, including himself. As such, it’ll attempt to do justice to the film that started it all. “We wanted to come up with a very simple premise [with] a powerful domino effect. Everything is set up in the right place—all you have to do is push the first domino and everything will happen effortlessly.”

:banderas::ahh:
Can’t wait until February 2022
4/4 Valentine Day Gun Toting Dr. Loomis - I’m predicting it now.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
More TCM
Those dominos include, of course, young city folk, including Castle Rock’s Elsie Fisher, who cross paths with Texas Chainsaw’s backwoods killers, still lurking after 50 years. “I think the first movie really hit a nerve when portraying that culture clash between the countryside and the city. Back in the ‘70s, the hippies were representing the youth of the city,” Álvarez said. “This time, they’re more like millennial hipsters from Austin who are very entrepreneurial and have a dream of getting away from the city and back to the countryside. They’re trying to gentrify small-town America—and let’s just say they encounter some pushback.”

Sarah Yarkin, who plays Melody, elaborated a bit on her character’s role in all this: “Me and my business partner Dante [played by Jacob Latimore] are these young hip people that come to this ghost town in Texas and try to get other people to come there and make it the next hip place to be. Our fatal flaw is that we ignore the history that came before us.”

Here’s the official synopsis, since it includes some key information about a character we haven’t seen in decades: “Melody (Sarah Yarkin), her teenage sister Lila (Elsie Fisher), and their friends Dante (Jacob Latimore) and Ruth (Nell Hudson), head to the remote town of Harlow, Texas to start an idealistic new business venture. But their dream soon turns into a waking nightmare when they accidentally disrupt the home of Leatherface, the deranged serial killer whose blood-soaked legacy continues to haunt the area’s residents — including Sally Hardesty (Olwen Fouéré), the sole survivor of his infamous 1973 massacre who’s hell-bent on seeking revenge.”