Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
October 6th: You're Next
VUZDWMN.jpg

A fun slasher flick that is imminently re-watchable despite the mundane motivation of the villains and the lack of empathy I could muster for the majority of the victims. You're Next does very well as a thrillingly bloody cat-and-mouse game with really nice visual touches by director Adam Wingard and the hero of the movie that is one of the better Final Girls to be created in recent horror films.

I give You're Next 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
iswzVke.png

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'ma wind up watching these ASAP, I hear good things about '94 especially and I'm a big fan of those films...gimme the VHS series over Paranormal Activity, yeah I said it.
While each installment has their clunkers, overall I really enjoy the VHS series.

JarrodG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I've spent years now on telling people about the Midnight Man for the simple fact that it's terrible. It's got a real shot at being in the "so bad it's good" category for people who rewatch movies like Wish Upon for laughter.

Oh like it Wish Upon?! Going to add this to the list

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I wanted to like and appreciuate it as it was a throwback and homage to the golden era of sfx horror, but this fell short!
I thought the final act felt pretty jumbled and didn’t do justice to the atmosphere that was built up well in the first half. Felt like two different movies basically. There were a few bright spots near the end though, with two that immediately stuck out to me. The sequence with Daniel and Allison in the delivery room was pure Lovecraftian goodness and Powell’s final form took me down memory lane to Hellraiser.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I thought the final act felt pretty jumbled and didn’t do justice to the atmosphere that was built up well in the first half. Felt like two different movies basically. There were a few bright spots near the end though, with two that immediately stuck out to me. The sequence with Daniel and Allison in the delivery room was pure Lovecraftian goodness and Powell’s final form took me down memory lane to Hellraiser.
Also a homage to Carpenter's Prince of darkness.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
October 6th: You're Next
VUZDWMN.jpg

A fun slasher flick that is imminently re-watchable despite the mundane motivation of the villains and the lack of empathy I could muster for the majority of the victims. You're Next does very well as a thrillingly bloody cat-and-mouse game with really nice visual touches by director Adam Wingard and the hero of the movie that is one of the better Final Girls to be created in recent horror films.

I give You're Next 3 out 4 Gun Totin' Dr. Loomis'
iswzVke.png
This movie and Sinister are in my top 5.

This soundtrack >>>> Carpenter’s Halloween score.
“Such a perfect day, you just keep me hanging on”
:demonic:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I watched this movie again about two months ago,,,I always liked this film
I actually thought it was surprisingly well done for an unplanned watch/no expectations. Really liked the vampire fight action sequences, the storyline - I slept on this for years thinking it was going to be cheesy/campy. It was not. Anthony Mackie is a versatile actor - good performance. He should do more horror roles. But he kind of blew up with Marvel since vampire Hunter so his genre options are out there.