Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
@Everyone

Blumhouse, Peele and Wan. Names to trust for horror (like, no doubt about it)?
Blumhouse and Wan- most definitely. Both killing the horror game. They’ve been consistent. If it’s Blum or Wan- that’s a no hesitation yes, for me. Rob Zombie as well. Flanagan is another contender.

Peele- he’s too new and his catalogue is limited. Wasn’t a fan of his brand of comedy either. Get Out was way overhyped IMO. He could have did a deeper dive with the story but felt like he didn’t want to offend white audiences too much. US was much better. That being said- I’m not turning down a Jordan Peele movie watch if he keeps the same energy that he put into US

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I loved the Belko Experiment. Its a shame it did so poorly at the box office because it deserved to be seen by a bigger audience.
I caught the last 20 mins last night but I want to watch it again off rewatch value since I haven’t seen it in years. I’m not surprised that movie didn’t have a huge box office release or rollout - not bc it wasn’t a high quality movie but that’s a movie made for us avid horror fans not for the casual watch type of person and we appreciate details not outrage. That movie was so high on body counts - the same people complaining about Malignant would have complained about this.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This better be a good Netflix original. Bout to find out right now. :yes:
MV5BZGQzODVkZDAtOWFhNS00MWJhLThjNDctNjFlZDExYjg5NWM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_QL75_UY281_CR2,0,190,281_.jpg

The evil possessed el cuco man from The Outsider is in this. The sniper
:ohhh:
Reference -
[/QUOTE]
II
wrong poster . Edit I meant @T.H.E.GOD
40 mins in - I’m starting to hate watch this movie. Like I really hate how Fukkin dumb this chick in the main role is. She’s annoying me enough to get me physically mad enough to not watch right now. Making a string of stupid decisions, she keeps letting people scam her dumbass. She has this stupid moody expression on her goofy face the entire time. My patience is done - I don’t even care what’s going on; I’m actually wishing something bad happens to her for some reason. Extremely slow burn and bad acting. I’ll finish it later to see if she goes out bad bc I’ve wasted 40 mins of my time as it is

They should have her and the black/Afro Latino woman in the first few minutes in the beginning of the movie swap characters and give her the main cast position. I can’t stand this airhead chick, they’re trying to have her act all dramatic and it’s not working.

morris

Superstar
Daps
I'd add Ari Aster and Robert Eggers as horror directors that look like they'll be consistent. I know not everyone likes them, but you know what you're gonna get.

I'd toss Flanagan on that list too.

You guys brought up something I've been thinking about: Marvel has brought on Horror, Action, Oscar/Drama winners to work on their projects.

Aside from Kubrick, who are recent horror directors who were giants in their field before bringing their talents to direct a horror movie? I wonder what Chris Nolan could do ...

Blumhouse and Wan- most definitely. Both killing the horror game. They’ve been consistent. If it’s Blum or Wan- that’s a no hesitation yes, for me. Rob Zombie as well. Flanagan is another contender.

Peele- he’s too new and his catalogue is limited. Wasn’t a fan of his brand of comedy either. Get Out was way overhyped IMO. He could have did a deeper dive with the story but felt like he didn’t want to offend white audiences too much. US was much better. That being said- I’m not turning down a Jordan Peele movie watch if he keeps the same energy that he put into US

Did you like his version of Candyman? I was thought it was good but nowhere near as good as the version with Tony Todd (funny as Candyman was written by Clive Barker, a UK dude)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Didn’t she die because that jerk was arguing with her about being too fat to swim through the propellor opening or something like that? But he’s the one who ends up getting caught and she rescues him off the strength of being a competitive swimmer, and dies from a heart attack? Haven’t seen that movie since I moved From parents and went to college forever ago. Recall of Details is sketch.
Pretty much.
It was The Reverend though who made the final decision about shooting down her suggestion that she should be the one to swim through to clear the way out of concern for her and then he gets his dumb ass stuck so she not only rescues him but clears the debris too.
Then she has her heart attack right before her husband and the rest of the survivors make it to the other side.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I caught the last 20 mins last night but I want to watch it again off rewatch value since I haven’t seen it in years. I’m not surprised that movie didn’t have a huge box office release or rollout - not bc it wasn’t a high quality movie but that’s a movie made for us avid horror fans not for the casual watch type of person and we appreciate details not outrage. That movie was so high on body counts - the same people complaining about Malignant would have complained about this.
I was the only person in the movie theater when I went to see it.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You guys brought up something I've been thinking about: Marvel has brought on Horror, Action, Oscar/Drama winners to work on their projects.

Aside from Kubrick, who are recent horror directors who were giants in their field before bringing their talents to direct a horror movie? I wonder what Chris Nolan could do ...

Did you like his version of Candyman? I was thought it was good but nowhere near as good as the version with Tony Todd (funny as Candyman was written by Clive Barker, a UK dude)
Jim Jarmusch with Only Lovers Left Alive and then The Dead Don't Die comes to mind.

Daps
Reppin
Denver

Yeah it’s usually the other way around unfortunately. Seems like there’s still a little bit of a stigma in Hollywood about horror movies being below other genres.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

No I haven’t seen the latest Candyman yet. The hype for this movie died down fairly quick and a few of my friends that went to see it weren’t that impressed with it- with that being said; I’ll wait until it drops on one of the streaming apps that I’m subscribed to - I’ve waited this long, I can wait a few more weeks or whatever.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

You know who comes to mind, though he’s not exactly recent. David fincher was bodying music videos before he landed alien 3 and made seven. I feel like seven had a big influence on thrillers pretty much ever since.

Green Ranger

I Am Legend
Daps
Reppin
Angel Grove California
'Welcome to the Blumhouse' Season 2 Posters Tease Four New Horror Movies on Amazon Prime Video

Blumhouse Originals for Amazon Prime:
Bingo Hell is a horror-comedy that follows a group of senior citizens who bundle together to stop a sinister figure that threatens the residents of a low-income community. It gets more serious when the inhabitants of Oak Springs start turning up dead in bizarre ways. Bingo Hell is directed by Gigi Saul Guerrero and stars Adriana Barraza, L. Scott Caldwell, Richard Brake, and Joshua Caleb Johnson.
Bingo Hell and Black as Night will be released on Amazon Prime Video on October 1. Madres and The Manorare set to premiere a week later, on October 8. You can check out the spooky posters below: