Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Watching this now.
Crills mania!

Edit

This shyt was WAAAAAAAAY too fukking long.

And was actually kinda buns.
I liked it.
:unimpressed:
I already mentioned a few of the more dramatic parts could have been trimmed down.
Like Leap’s mom and the navy seal’s romantic affection, dez lying there with half a body talking about “tell my mom I love her”. Leap crying over his father’s dead body for 10 minutes straight or the scene with the robot climbing the rope string and Leap hit him with the rock. That was pure unintentional comedy. Then the movie started feeling like they had a kill quota - like they added scenes for the purpose of adding another murdered body to the storyline; whoever produced the script must have had like a 200 kill count minimum, per hour.
:deadrose:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
-continued-
Ok so you’re staying at a vacation rental, go out for a nice leisurely relaxation moment on the patio, you look across into yonder and see a ghostly apparition with no face, light bulb eyes, standing still waving at you - it was at the moment the movie should have been over. I would have grabbed my keys and we outtta there.

horror movies are the reason why I pack a second backup bag of luggage and necessities, just in case some strange shyt goes down; I can just leave direct without worrying about packing up our stuff - I’m paranoid. Idc.
I enjoyed Superhost.
Rebecca was a really good slasher villain (Gracie Gillam did a great job in the role) and I'm always happy to see Barbara Crampton in a horror movie. However the protagonists were the absolute worst 2 characters I've ever seen in a slasher movie. They were such losers that I was amazed they managed to make the drive from their home to the rental without being murdered by someone.

Also I was shocked to realize that Rebecca was Sgt. Lily on the last two seasons of Z Nation; I didn't recognize her at all:

dhkLK4R.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I enjoyed Superhost.
Rebecca was a really good slasher villain (Gracie Gillam did a great job in the role) and I'm always happy to see Barbara Crampton in a horror movie. However the protagonists were the absolute worst 2 characters I've ever seen in a slasher movie. They were such losers that I was amazed they managed to make the drive from their home to the rental without being murdered by someone.

Also I was shocked to realize that Rebecca was Sgt. Lily on the last two seasons of Z Nation; I didn't recognize her at all:

dhkLK4R.jpg
Oh wowwwww- that is her!!! Looks like she picked up weight in Superhost- which changed the contour of her face. She was the best thing about the movie and of course, Barbara Crampton.

and yup, hated the other 2 characters. What’s up with these horror movies having these hateful lead characters. No substance whatsoever. I really have no sympathy when they get murked or maybe I’m a psychopath-ette that I liked her as the murderer over those victims. lol. There’s nothing redeeming about them so I can’t invest in their lives. Like the movie, The Strangers, I hated to see how the couple went out. I knew what the inevitable conclusion would be but I was hoping they would make it out, in the back of my mind. Like you could feel their emotions and they had personalities. This - nothing but empty space.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Joy Ride:ufdup:

...fun cat-and-mouse-FUKKERY:demonic:

Rusty Nails had those brothers:laff: ass-out the game:dame:
One of my favorites of all time! Isn’t the dude whose the voice of the truck murderer, the same man as “you put the lotion in the basket” silence of the lambs murderer?

You have me wanting to watch this again today. The first decade of 2000s had the horror genre on lock- idc what Anyone says that was peak horror movie type of time. We had EVERYTHING and there was all variety. Current culture is a pattern of riding out with one genre or sub until they dog walk it into the ground but 2000s we had killer psychos, mutants, ghosts, alien abductions, serial killers, slashers, paranormal, witches, killer kids, peak Texas chainsaw, demon possessions,monsters - what an era for murder, mayhem;
And being scared to go to sleep, drive a car, go out in the woods, possessed, kidnapped into a demon cult,haunted by revenge killers, killed by electric appliances, evil spirits attacking you through a tv etc ; :whew:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Is the Shudder app freezing up on your TVs?? It plays fine on mobile but I’m trying to watch Shudder on the tv app and it keeps freezing up- it keeps saying “failing to load”. Every movie that I try to watch- it does this - alllll day. I’m trying to relax and watch a movie on this last day of my Labor Day break ; this is frustrating - DAMMITTT.. it’s either the app, or my WiFi is shyt out here bc of all these maintenance updates or this stupid amazon fire connection- I unplugged it, powered off ...... why the f won’t it LOAD!!??? The same shyt is happening with AMC+ ... but of course Netflix works fine- THERES nothing I want to watch on Netflix right now; I want to watch shudder — stupid
break-tv-destroy.gif

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Looked it up- they know it’s a problem, here’s the trouble shooting if anyone is having the same issue that I am.
AMC app constantly stops....."too many simultaneous streams"
For the past few days, the AMC app on my Roku Streaming Stick + keeps crashing every 2-3 mins, and says "too many simultaneous streams". I googled that, and it said too many "restarts" of the show, or too many streams (I only have 1 in use). It's getting really annoying. I've tried restarting the Roku multiple times...doesn't fix it.

All the other apps (Netflix, Prime, HBO, etc) work fine. Anyone else run into this problem? It feels like an app problem, or perhaps my ISP (Spectrum) is throttling that specific app (which would be really weird).

0 Kudos

2 REPLIES \

false

rokuemployeerankimage.png
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee

‎05-14-2020 03:43 PM
Re: AMC app constantly stops....."too many simultaneous streams"
@miketx

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
:mjtf:I have to do all of this just to watch an app on
My tv.

My Shudder app wont load or not working properly (loading error / server error / connection error).
There are few situations that may cause the load issue in android apps.

1. The Shudder app server may be down and that is causing the loading issue. Please try after few minutes.
  2. Your wifi / mobile data connection not working properly. Please check your data connection.
  3. Too many users using the app at same time. Please try after few minutes.
  4. :mjtf:
  5. :unimpressed:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
I'm thinking about adding some Blaxploitation horror movies to my Halloween watchlist this year
to name a few :
Blacula
Scream blacula Scream
Ganja and hess
Blackenstein
Sugar Hill

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Is the Shudder app freezing up on your TVs?? It plays fine on mobile but I’m trying to watch Shudder on the tv app and it keeps freezing up- it keeps saying “failing to load”. Every movie that I try to watch- it does this - alllll day. I’m trying to relax and watch a movie on this last day of my Labor Day break ; this is frustrating - DAMMITTT.. it’s either the app, or my WiFi is shyt out here bc of all these maintenance updates or this stupid amazon fire connection- I unplugged it, powered off ...... why the f won’t it LOAD!!??? The same shyt is happening with AMC+ ... but of course Netflix works fine- THERES nothing I want to watch on Netflix right now; I want to watch shudder — stupid
break-tv-destroy.gif
I've never had issue with Shudder freezing while I watch it.

My issue with it is that it won't let me leave the app when I want to. For some reason it locks me into Shudder and I can't exit it until I try like a hundred times.

I blame the janky ass Amazon Fire tech.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Looked it up- they know it’s a problem, here’s the trouble shooting if anyone is having the same issue that I am.
AMC app constantly stops....."too many simultaneous streams"
For the past few days, the AMC app on my Roku Streaming Stick + keeps crashing every 2-3 mins, and says "too many simultaneous streams". I googled that, and it said too many "restarts" of the show, or too many streams (I only have 1 in use). It's getting really annoying. I've tried restarting the Roku multiple times...doesn't fix it.

All the other apps (Netflix, Prime, HBO, etc) work fine. Anyone else run into this problem? It feels like an app problem, or perhaps my ISP (Spectrum) is throttling that specific app (which would be really weird).

0 Kudos

2 REPLIES \

false

rokuemployeerankimage.png
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee

‎05-14-2020 03:43 PM
Re: AMC app constantly stops....."too many simultaneous streams"
@miketx

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.
:mjtf:I have to do all of this just to watch an app on
My tv.

My Shudder app wont load or not working properly (loading error / server error / connection error).
There are few situations that may cause the load issue in android apps.

1. The Shudder app server may be down and that is causing the loading issue. Please try after few minutes.
  2. Your wifi / mobile data connection not working properly. Please check your data connection.
  3. Too many users using the app at same time. Please try after few minutes.
  4. :mjtf:
  5. :unimpressed:
Did you check to see if the Shudder app needs to be updated?

A couple years ago the Shudder app would start and she the Shudder logo with the eerie music and that's it; it wouldn't start the actual app so I had to uninstall and then re-install it and its been working correctly ever since.