Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I see Roanoke get plenty of hate on other forums, but I loved the meta twist and compared to the majority of AHS seasons, it actually kept me engaged for the full season. :gladbron: Said it in the other thread, but the anthology format will do this new show wonders as far as story consistency goes.

Freak Show was pretty creepy at times, especially with Twisty. Imagine that clown charging full speed towards you in broad daylight while you’re alone. :picard:
Same. Other than Murder House, I watched that entire season straight through. The other seasons I watched here and there. Not really engaged. Then I ended up shelving it completely because other more interesting shows/movies came out and never got back around to watching.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Any other horror comedies in the vein of " Vicious Fun" , " Werewolves within" or " Tucker and Dale" that you brehs can recommend I check out?
Brehette recommendation here but I liked the Bad Ben franchise - there’s about 8 of those movies in the franchise.
:dead:
Low budget asf but it’s supposed to be like that intentionally with the found footage aspects. Really dry deadpan humor, very sarcastic - no patience, bugging out and half of the time dude is just talking to himself in his haunted house mad at the world being scared treating everybody like their stupid :laff::deadmanny:
Once you go down the Bad Ben, Badder Pen, Baddest Ben etc etc rabbit hole- it’s addictive. It’s not for everybody but it was hilarious with the comedic twists and had enough jump scares. It’s like Paranormal Activity, Amityville in a New Jersey suburb plus the heavy accent with the New Jersey humor. Then dude ends up thinking he’s a paranormal expert based on his experiences which is what the latest eps are. It’s basically an intentional/unintentional part parody depending on which show you watch,

Here’s the list- best to wAtch in order. But it’s not that deep where you have to.

• Bad Ben: The first film
  • Steelmanville Road: The prequel to Bad Ben that explains the history of the house (skippable- wasn’t that good)
  • Badder Ben: Tom Riley is back, this time with a documentary crew
  • Bad Ben: The Mandela Effect: Tom Riley experiences similar horrors in different parallel universes in the same house
  • The Crescent Moon Clown: New owners of the house deal with a mysterious presence
  • Bad Ben: The Way In: Tom Riley is hired by new owners to clear and cleanse the house of its entities.
  • Bad Ben: The Haunted Highway: Tom Riley takes up a job as a driver for an Uber competitor on Halloween and ends up in paranormal shenanigans.
  • Bad Ben Pandemic

https://wickedhorror.com/features/t...he-film-experience-you-have-been-waiting-for/

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
That poster Ebonix is a troll- ignore it and do not feed. Never has anything substantive to say, or explanative; just trolls around here in TFR saying what it hates, just to be a stupid ass. I noticed the pattern. We have a good squad of posters on this thread- the dissenters are gonna be sent to f up the flow.
Just because I dissed a movie you love don't make me a troll. It makes you an overly sensitive baby. I've been posting for years, check the resume.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i haven’t watched those seasons yet
:mjgrin:
Not the entire seasons, an ep here and there. Lost interest in the franchise bc the other two were so bad tbh But I guess I will be binging those 2 seasons based on your comment

If you liked Fear Street 1978, 1984 is similar just with the American Horror tropes. Did you like the Coven season, if so Apocalypse is a sequel to that season and Murder House.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That poster Ebonix is a troll- ignore it and do not feed. Never has anything substantive to say, or explanative; just trolls around here in TFR saying what it hates, just to be a stupid ass. I noticed the pattern. We have a good squad of posters on this thread- the dissenters are gonna be sent to f up the flow.

Lol its all good, just an opinion.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Same. Other than Murder House, I watched that entire season straight through. The other seasons I watched here and there. Not really engaged. Then I ended up shelving it completely because other more interesting shows/movies came out and never got back around to watching.

I agree, some of the seasons would start off strong, but right before Halloween the season would fall apart.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just because I dissed a movie you love don't make me a troll. It makes you an overly sensitive baby. I've been posting for years, check the resume.
“Posters for years” are the ones getting identified. That means shyt to me. I could give less than a fuk of “how long” you’ve been around. Shot spotter status
:sas1:
ghost buster

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you liked Fear Street 1978, 1984 is similar just with the American Horror tropes. Did you like the Coven season, if so Apocalypse is a sequel to that season and Murder House.
I didn’t like Coven too much but I loved Angela Bassett as an actress; so I’m conflicted but now that you put it into perspective with Apocalypse - it makes more sense.
:ohhh:

Because Apocalypse was confusing me after ep4, I think that’s how far I was into that season. I was frustrated watching that Bc it wasn’t connecting for me.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Posted this in the Netflix thread- anyone checked this out yet?
I don’t see why this movie was so hated- it works for me. I hate the 2 lead actors off gp- usually any movie they’re headlining is a NO. But the formula works for this movie. Initially checked it out bc of the CIA + MK ultra backstory but ended up liking it bc of how he kills people :mjlol:and the body count execution, was not expecting any of that- pleasantly surprised :yes::scheme:

MV5BMTcwMTM1NDU1Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDk5MTgzNjE@._V1_.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This man hates Rob^^ get off his fan page :pacspit: - I hope your neighbor’s SON eats your insides like the little boy did in the movie.
:damn::mjgrin:

This movie is sick boiiii:laff:
38 minute mark and ive seen more blood in this movie already, than any in the last few months :gag::gag:
Cults + blood= I need to see what’s going on here.
:ohhh:

Tf did I just finish watching last night with this? “Son” movie- started off good but like other posters mentioned in here -the ending wth?
tenor.gif

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm enjoying these Fear Street flicks. :manny:

They aren't expertly made or anything. I'm seeing some weird cuts that really stand out (like in 1978 there's a cut where this kid goes from standing up to being on the other side of the room) but they're fun little flicks, and I dig the idea of an anthology movie series that drops every week.

I actually think I liked 1994 more than 1978. I think mostly because with 1978 I obviously knew that most of the characters would die, and it seemed less vital to the overall plot. But it was a cool throwback. It reminded me of AHS 1984 like @darealvelle said.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
1984 and Apocalypse was dope.
I hated Apocalypse. Probably my least favorite season of AHS.

I didn't like that every other season of the show you can watch independently and then in this season, they suddenly tried to connect them all, and the viewing experience wasn't as good if you weren't familiar with the other seasons. Then suddenly you have this show where the same actors are playing different people (which was never a problem), and then it gets more confusing because now suddenly they're all in the same universe.

And then finally
I didn't love that they killed the main cast so early and then switched to focus on the anti-christ character and the other season tie-ins. I was more interested in exploring the actual post-apocalyptic world with the characters we had.