Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I hated Apocalypse. Probably my least favorite season of AHS.

I didn't like that every other season of the show you can watch independently and then in this season, they suddenly tried to connect them all, and the viewing experience wasn't as good if you weren't familiar with the other seasons. Then suddenly you have this show where the same actors are playing different people (which was never a problem), and then it gets more confusing because now suddenly they're all in the same universe.

And then finally
I didn't love that they killed the main cast so early and then switched to focus on the anti-christ character and the other season tie-ins. I was more interested in exploring the actual post-apocalyptic world with the characters we had.

They made you think the first characters they introduce were the main ones.just to be killed to make room for the witches from coven.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yall really like some corny pedestrian ass shyt

:mjlol:
f13-opener.gif

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
New EVIL season just dont feel right.
Only watched first episode but eh...

And main lady from 1st one was replaced.

:francis:
SPOILER alert-

Show jumped through shark - episode 4 was a mess. What parent takes their 4 children to a possible murder scene, looking for a missing person caught up in an already sketchy situation and encourages them to play The Elevator Game. All children under 12 years old and one already has preexisting heart conditions, including but not limited to the demonic entity that was haunting the family and manifested itself in different forms. Did they forget that last season’s script existed? This is supposed to be “Evil” not CSI: Paranormal edition.
tenor.gif

Paramount reduced this to adapting the CBS formula of catering to their ages 65 and older crowd. It’s almost like someone complained that it was “too scary” and they PG’ed this. They are doing nothing with Luke Cage in this season despite having him the focal point to last season.

The most cringy part of this - her daughters come home from school, happy and laughing - she’s like “how was school girls …” one of them is reaching to get her snack and all of a sudden blurts out “hey mom, do people survive a plan crash, isn’t everybody just dead?? “ and she replied “well, I guess it depends on how bad the crash is”
Like whuttttt?? :mjlol::deadrose:First of all, where did that convo come from and why? the mother answers like it’s a normal everyday after school discussion for a 7yr old to ask. Like it’s nothing. Immediately after that, her 12 yr old brings up videos from the dark side of YouTube; I guess she has a very hands off, no boundaries parenting style or is the mom slowly being possessed herself. I’ll continue to watch though
:beli:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
them shyts made me feel really uneasy as a kid :damn:lol
My brother made me watch that movie, repetitively.

I didn’t have a choice of what to watch
:damn:
The only part that really shook me was the hand puppet animal shadow that the clown made; that ate the person. But I ended up just going with the flow and liking stuff they watched. Reminiscent childhood memories- like a human cotton candy coc00n was normal. Lol. Parental tv supervision was at an all time low in that space and time.
:deadrose:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Damn Tony just had to make the character more likable. “Studio had no problems with a black man killing people with bees. But had a problem with a black man kissing a white woman" lol. He also states that the character was suppose to be much deeper, but the studio started tripping and they decided to keep candyman as a slasher villain.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My buddy recommended a 2020 film called Black Box. Is he on to something with this one or is my friend retarded

It's a solid mind-fukk type. The only thing that hurt it for me was that I'd just seen a very similar concept (which I won't spoil this for you) that kinda took away from it. It's not bad, not great. I wouldn't rate it scary though.