Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The cops in that movie were a joke.
The m9st dumbest law enforcement ive ever seen was in this Kevin Bacon show called The Following.
Which was kinda like a horror show.
Yo them FEDs were trizash!
But thatbshyt was actually funny tho!

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I’m just getting back to watching The Game at this very moment since I told you from this afternoon - snack turned into a full course meal and arts n crafts time with my daughter.
:francis:
hopefully I can finish the last hour of this movie and get tu the ending by 10-11pm.
:beli:
I dont wanna be responding cause im afraid ill fukk it up for you.
Lol
Def one of my favorite movies all time!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Initiation was aaaaaaaight.
But just like every other horror movie 5-0 was extremely pointless!

:mjlol:
:laff::dead:
Let me guess, the lone policeman was a) sent out by himself a1) sent out with a goofy sidekick, inept partner b)couldn’t wait for back up c) the only cop on duty d) refuses to believe the main characters and/or downplays the serious nature of the call e) is in the squad car radioing for back up when he’s murked f) decides to “be brave” and approach killer after refusing to listening to warnings g) all of the above

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:laff::dead:
Let me guess, the lone policeman was a) sent out by himself a1) sent out with a goofy sidekick, inept partner b)couldn’t wait for back up c) the only cop on duty d) refuses to believe the main characters and/or downplays the serious nature of the call e) is in the squad car radioing for back up when he’s murked f) decides to “be brave” and approach killer after refusing to listening to warnings g) all of the above
Word!
Im fukk jiggy all day, but goddamn! Give these coppers at least ONE W!!
:what:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The m9st dumbest law enforcement ive ever seen was in this Kevin Bacon show called The Following.
Which was kinda like a horror show.
Yo them FEDs were trizash!
But thatbshyt was actually funny tho!
The Following basically had to make every cop on the show into a brain dead moron otherwise none of the fantastical serial killer bullshyt they wanted to do would have been able to work.
That show should've been like a 6 episode mini-series instead of a full series that ran multiple seasons.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
31 Ways to Survive a Horror Movie, According to the Movies << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News

6. CRAZY PEOPLE ARE THE SANEST PEOPLE – LISTEN TO THEM.
It’s the Rosemary’s Baby rule: If someone is telling you there’s something weird going on – like that your neighbors might be part of a cult – you should believe them. As of 2018 it might also be the Hereditary rule: poor disbelieving Gabriel Byrne.

10. DON’T TRUST KIDS.
If there’s something a little “off” about the kid, the likelihood is there’s something very majorly “off” about the kid. It’s probably a psychopath, the devil incarnate, making friends with the dead kids who lived here before you, or, in rare cases, a 33-year-old prostitute. (No, really.) Lock him or her in a room and call in the professionals.

9. DON’T TRUST MOM.
The idea of the psychotic mom has long had appeal for horror filmmakers since the earliest days of the genre – there’s something just so terrifying about the woman who’s meant to care and nurture you suddenly turning against you. If mom starts acting a little strange, best give her some space.

8. STICK TOGETHER – ALWAYS.
Splitting up to try and find someone/something is perhaps the most groanworthy horror-movie move there is. And for good reason: Loners are easily picked off; groups give you a chance to fight back – or at least use someone with you as a meat shield.

:deadrose::mjlol:

13. LISTEN TO THE NEWS REPORTS (DO NOT CHANGE THE DIAL).
Pay keen attention to the news – if something mysterious hasn’t cut the power at your house/in your neighborhood. Pay particularly keen attention if you find yourself in a zombie movie or in a town in which psychopaths are prone to escaping from the local asylum. It’s rarely, if ever, fake news.

12. IF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND IT, DON’T READ IT OUT LOUD.
Bonus rule: If, in the course of you reading a passage out loud, you start to notice strange things – say, a pickup in wind, a drop in room temperature, or the emergence-from-hell of multiple demons – don’t finish the passage.

18. NEVER STOP FOR GAS.
In the real world, most gas station attendants along remote roads are either delightful or too busy playing Candy Crush to acknowledge your existence. In the movies they are, as a rule, dentally challenged and hungry for your sweet, sweet flesh – or, at least, related to folks who fit that description. Bring a few gallons with you in the trunk.

25. DON’T MAKE NEW FRIENDS.
New neighbors? Going to curse you. New girl at school? Probably body-snatched. New vacation buddies? Going to drug you. Then sell you.

:laff:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Top 10 Ways to Survive a Horror Movie

Don't Ever Investigate Or Say You'll "Be Right Back"

Thirsty? Ask for a sip of someone else’s drink. Forgot something in the woods? Cut your losses. Hear a strange noise in the basement? Pretend you don’t. Whatever you do, just don’t announce a quick detour from your group or it’ll be your swan song. The “I’ll be right back” trope has become such a horror flick death scene precursor that viewers almost find themselves rooting for the masked assailant to punish the never-to-returnee. No, you won’t be right back. You’ll be bloody and hanging from the garage door’s doggy hole.

Turn Around, Because It's Always Behind You

While hiding from the deranged, knife-wielding thing of evil, you might ask yourself, “Where is it?” Answer: Right behind you. Learn from those who have gone before you. In 1991’s The Silence of the Lambs, FBI trainee Clarice Starling at least had the foresight to bring a gun into the sadistic serial killer’s lair. Clarice barely made it out of the basement alive. You won’t. Just ask the cast of The Cellar.

Never Watch A Horror Movie When You're In One

If your slasher movie night starts to seem eerily autobiographical, immediately turn on the lights and make sure all the kitchen knives are accounted for. If there have been any recent reports of asylum breakouts or mysterious demonic rituals, stay away from scary movies. You’re probably in one. Actually, stay away from all screens. Poltergeist and The Ringall had sequels for a reason.

:deadmanny:

98 things I learned not to do from horror movies:

2) If you find that your house is built upon or near a cemetery, was once a church used for black masses, had previous inhabitants who went mad or committed suicide or died in some horrible fashion or who performed necrophilia or satanic practices, move away immediately.

3) Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even as a joke.

4) Do not search the basement, especially when the power has just gone out.

5) If your children speak to you in Latin or any other language which they do not know, or if they speak using a voice other than their own, shoot them at once. It will save you a lot of grief in the long run. Note: it's unlikely they'll die easy, so be prepared.
:picard:
6) When you have the benefit of numbers, never pair off or go it alone.

7) If the gang plans a fun midnight party in the town's old abandoned mansion, don't tag along. Especially don't tag along if everyone's going as couples, except you're the odd guy/gal out. And if you're the gang's jokester, you may as well write up your last will and testament while you're driving with them to the place.

8) As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to Hell.

9) Never stand in, on, above, below, beside, or anywhere near a grave, tomb, crypt, mausoleum, or other domicile of the dead.

:deadmanny::deadmanny:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
31 Ways to Survive a Horror Movie, According to the Movies << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News

6. CRAZY PEOPLE ARE THE SANEST PEOPLE – LISTEN TO THEM.
It’s the Rosemary’s Baby rule: If someone is telling you there’s something weird going on – like that your neighbors might be part of a cult – you should believe them. As of 2018 it might also be the Hereditary rule: poor disbelieving Gabriel Byrne.

10. DON’T TRUST KIDS.
If there’s something a little “off” about the kid, the likelihood is there’s something very majorly “off” about the kid. It’s probably a psychopath, the devil incarnate, making friends with the dead kids who lived here before you, or, in rare cases, a 33-year-old prostitute. (No, really.) Lock him or her in a room and call in the professionals.

9. DON’T TRUST MOM.
The idea of the psychotic mom has long had appeal for horror filmmakers since the earliest days of the genre – there’s something just so terrifying about the woman who’s meant to care and nurture you suddenly turning against you. If mom starts acting a little strange, best give her some space.

8. STICK TOGETHER – ALWAYS.
Splitting up to try and find someone/something is perhaps the most groanworthy horror-movie move there is. And for good reason: Loners are easily picked off; groups give you a chance to fight back – or at least use someone with you as a meat shield.

:deadrose::mjlol:

13. LISTEN TO THE NEWS REPORTS (DO NOT CHANGE THE DIAL).
Pay keen attention to the news – if something mysterious hasn’t cut the power at your house/in your neighborhood. Pay particularly keen attention if you find yourself in a zombie movie or in a town in which psychopaths are prone to escaping from the local asylum. It’s rarely, if ever, fake news.

Bonus rule: If, in the course of you reading a passage out loud, you start to notice strange things – say, a pickup in wind, a drop in room temperature, or the emergence-from-hell of multiple demons – don’t finish the passage.

18. NEVER STOP FOR GAS.
In the real world, most gas station attendants along remote roads are either delightful or too busy playing Candy Crush to acknowledge your existence. In the movies they are, as a rule, dentally challenged and hungry for your sweet, sweet flesh – or, at least, related to folks who fit that description. Bring a few gallons with you in the trunk.

25. DON’T MAKE NEW FRIENDS.
New neighbors? Going to curse you. New girl at school? Probably body-snatched. New vacation buddies? Going to drug you. Then sell you.

:laff:
I could survive a serial killer.
But zombies?

Nah.
Fast zombies?
Nope.
I smoke, smoke cigarettes too.
Cardio game is wild trash!

Slow zombies.
Nope.
Cause depending on my living situation ima get too comfortable have one of these 2 steppin ass zombies sneak up on me and bite my arm.
Catch me slippin working on a puzzle of cute kittens and shyt.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This is the one that always annoys me. If I find a book, scroll, piece of parchment paper or mummified skin with some witchy ass writing on it the last thing I'm going to think to do is read that shyt out loud with bass in my voice like some kind of moron.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I could survive a serial killer.
But zombies?

Nah.
Fast zombies?
Nope.
I smoke, smoke cigarettes too.
Cardio game is wild trash!

Slow zombies.
Nope.
Cause depending on my living situation ima get too comfortable have one of these 2 steppin ass zombies sneak up on me and bite my arm.
Catch me slippin working on a puzzle of cute kittens and shyt.

I think I would do well against slow zombies. I have guns and melee weapons (like swords, hatchets, shovels, axes, chainsaws bats with and without nails in them etc.) plus I am cool with staying home unless its absolutely necessary for me to go outside.

But fast zombies are just unfair. Even big fat zombies or old lady zombies be running like Usain Bolt.

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This is the one that always annoys me. If I find a book, scroll, piece of parchment paper or mummified skin with some witchy ass writing on it the last thing I'm going to think to do is read that shyt out loud with bass in my voice like some kind of moron.
Cabin The Woods executed that shyt perfectly!
:russ:

Stoner homie was like "yo! What are yall doing? Yall just gonna do ALL the horror cliches huh?!"

:mindblown:

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I think I would do well against slow zombies. I have guns and melee weapons (like swords, hatchets, shovels, axes, chainsaws bats with and without nails in them etc.) plus I am cool with staying home unless its absolutely necessary for me to go outside.

But fast zombies are just unfair. Even big fat zombies or old lady zombies be running like Usain Bolt.
28 Days Later freightened me so much that whenever i see fast zombies in a movie or show i be like, cmon man!

:beli:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:mjlol::russ:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I dont wanna be responding cause im afraid ill fukk it up for you.
Lol
Def one of my favorite movies all time!
I finished it - that was one mind cluster of events.

The end with his brother Conrad and the suicide , I just knew that was real. My first thought was damn they took that way too far for him to bug out like that.
:merchant::wtb:
How did the game creators know that he was going to take that leap though??
:picard::picard:
I would be mad asf at everybody if that was the “culmination of a birthday celebration” - there would be no “thanks for coming” . But then again, it’s the overall relief and euphoria of knowing that you have your life back; it wasn’t over, no one was hurt and how traumatic events or psychological induced consequences can change a person for the better (or worse, depending on how they react and cope). Like Inception meets Scrooge with a Saw twist in there- the only way that I can describe it. Lol

Last edited: