Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
31 Ways to Survive a Horror Movie, According to the Movies << Rotten Tomatoes – Movie and TV News

6. CRAZY PEOPLE ARE THE SANEST PEOPLE – LISTEN TO THEM.
It’s the Rosemary’s Baby rule: If someone is telling you there’s something weird going on – like that your neighbors might be part of a cult – you should believe them. As of 2018 it might also be the Hereditary rule: poor disbelieving Gabriel Byrne.

10. DON’T TRUST KIDS.
If there’s something a little “off” about the kid, the likelihood is there’s something very majorly “off” about the kid. It’s probably a psychopath, the devil incarnate, making friends with the dead kids who lived here before you, or, in rare cases, a 33-year-old prostitute. (No, really.) Lock him or her in a room and call in the professionals.

9. DON’T TRUST MOM.
The idea of the psychotic mom has long had appeal for horror filmmakers since the earliest days of the genre – there’s something just so terrifying about the woman who’s meant to care and nurture you suddenly turning against you. If mom starts acting a little strange, best give her some space.

8. STICK TOGETHER – ALWAYS.
Splitting up to try and find someone/something is perhaps the most groanworthy horror-movie move there is. And for good reason: Loners are easily picked off; groups give you a chance to fight back – or at least use someone with you as a meat shield.

:deadrose::mjlol:

13. LISTEN TO THE NEWS REPORTS (DO NOT CHANGE THE DIAL).
Pay keen attention to the news – if something mysterious hasn’t cut the power at your house/in your neighborhood. Pay particularly keen attention if you find yourself in a zombie movie or in a town in which psychopaths are prone to escaping from the local asylum. It’s rarely, if ever, fake news.

12. IF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND IT, DON’T READ IT OUT LOUD.
Bonus rule: If, in the course of you reading a passage out loud, you start to notice strange things – say, a pickup in wind, a drop in room temperature, or the emergence-from-hell of multiple demons – don’t finish the passage.

18. NEVER STOP FOR GAS.
In the real world, most gas station attendants along remote roads are either delightful or too busy playing Candy Crush to acknowledge your existence. In the movies they are, as a rule, dentally challenged and hungry for your sweet, sweet flesh – or, at least, related to folks who fit that description. Bring a few gallons with you in the trunk.

25. DON’T MAKE NEW FRIENDS.
New neighbors? Going to curse you. New girl at school? Probably body-snatched. New vacation buddies? Going to drug you. Then sell you.

:laff:
tumblr_oxj23nSx4M1sf2m2lo5_540.gif

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

this was extremely hard. i could have chosen 12 more movies...

the thing
the texas chainsaw massacre
aliens
suspiria
deep red

Hellraiser
Re-Animator
Childs Play
Dawn of the Dead
And i that supposed to be Tales From the Crypt the show??

Of so that too.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

the thing
aliens
suspiria
deep red

That Alien logo is so sneaky, so easy to miss, that I was about to go the fukk off if the film wasn’t included on the list.

Halloween
Alien
The Thing
The Shining
A Nightmare on Elm Street

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights had some of the best commercials for quite a while. :wow: What the fukk happened to the marketing team? :mindblown:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Found some gems on audible for the readers/listeners around

Every work by Lovecraft for one credit. 50+ hours of Lovecraft with all the classics included.

Listen to The Complete Fiction of H.P. Lovecraft by H.P. Lovecraft on Audible. Audible UK | Free Audiobook with 30-Day Trial | Audible.co.uk

And here’s everything by Edgar Allen Poe…48 hours worth of Poe.

Listen to Edgar Allan Poe - The Complete Works Collection by Edgar Allan Poe on Audible. Audible UK | Free Audiobook with 30-Day Trial | Audible.co.uk

They still don’t have audio versions of my favorite short story collections from Ligotti but horror classics are all over and so far I’ve heard some really nice quality readings.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

the thing
aliens
suspiria
deep red

It is hard as hell to pick just 5 from that list so I gave myself the constraint of selecting 5 movies that fall within some of my favorite horror subgenres to make my choices easier.

Slasher Horror: Halloween
Nature Horror: Jaws
Zombie Horror: Dawn of the Dead
Sci-fi Horror: The Thing
Supernatural Horror: Evil Dead

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

I know that you’re not posting this out of the goodness of your cold hearted Rob Zombie hating heart. What’s your deal?
d5c38d64b45f87ae8a5001dfeb1fd1e0.gif

Leave the Munsters posts for me to put up - I own that. We don’t need your shady input. Bad intentions don’t work.
:camby:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

This man hates Rob^^ get off his fan page :pacspit: - I hope your neighbor’s SON eats your insides like the little boy did in the movie.
:damn::mjgrin:

This movie is sick boiiii:laff:
38 minute mark and ive seen more blood in this movie already, than any in the last few months :gag::gag:
Cults + blood= I need to see what’s going on here.
:ohhh: