Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
So Universal showing Halloween Kills tv spots already during the finals, but no Candyman?
You know the vibe.
:mjpls:
I’m streaming tv apps only - I cut the cable cord. No commercial gang. The only time I see spots are on YouTube.
:hubie:
But color me shocked- these are the same NBA Finals that lowered Malika Andrews mic that I read about in my google newsfeed, and tried to sideline Maria Taylor.
:unimpressed:
All I know is that black girl magic candymanned that racist white reporter, Rachel’s career
Career killer - ESPNk
:mjlol:

660dcbcc0658cf148eab8647c9903cc0.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i give it the same, i was Entertained,,,

Some website called it a wish.com Edge of tomorrow
:picard::mjlol:

:dead: Great value version
that’s just harsh - I’m finishing the last half of it tonight; but it was a good start. the cgi could have used some tweaking but that’s about it so far. Edge of Tomorrow had like 4 different name changes and rebrands, even with a big name like Tom Cruise; wasn’t it a different name before it was edge of tomorrow? Like “Repeat, Kill, Die” or “Deja View” ? Something like that.

:aicmon:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
You know the vibe.
:mjpls:
I’m streaming tv apps only - I cut the cable cord. No commercial gang. The only time I see spots are on YouTube.
:hubie:
But color me shocked- these are the same NBA Finals that lowered Malika Andrews mic that I read about in my google newsfeed, and tried to sideline Maria Taylor.
:unimpressed:
All I know is that black girl magic candymanned that racist white reporter, Rachel’s career
Career killer - ESPNk
:mjlol:

660dcbcc0658cf148eab8647c9903cc0.gif

I was like "wtf" really? Candyman comes out next month and will be mostly viewed by majority black folks and which the NBA finals are mostly viewed by black folks. Yet they already advertising a movie that do not come out until October.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I was like "wtf" really? Candyman comes out next month and will be mostly viewed by majority black folks and which the NBA finals are mostly viewed by black folks. Yet they already advertising a movie that do not come out until October.
I don’t think they’re expecting much from candyman. Iirc Halloween 2018 did well at the box office so they wanna hitch their wagon to that.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don’t think they’re expecting much from candyman. Iirc Halloween 2018 did well at the box office so they wanna hitch their wagon to that.
But like @darealvelle said, Halloween is already getting a lot of media press and push. Everybody knows about Halloween, even people who don’t watch horror. There’s enough ad dollars behind Halloween, the trailer alone was extensive. Candyman is not receiving the same press drops, for a reason. Halloween is a lot more open than Candyman so why not put more ads into a movie marketed to black audiences, in a sport marketed to black audiences, dominated by black Athletes.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Might as well, should have put it on stream then a long time ago.
Right. If they wanted to market Candyman as direct to stream then they need to go that route. They marketed this as a wide release in theatre venue with no advertising stream that more popular releases are receiving. I’ve seen drops and exclusives for The Tomorrow War since damn near April and that was just direct to Amazon streaming.
:deadmanny:
It’s something to watch, it’s entertaining but they seriously overhyped this. It’s Amazon prime video b - this is Not a ground breaking must see tv event- if you’re over the age of 12, this movie was done countless times under a different name with a few Microsoft updates. It was literally called, “The Mist” and “Monsters “ mixed in with a bootleg Interstellar plot lines.
:laff:
My crazy side likes it bc it’s monsters, violence, space wars and blood. Lol

Daps
Reppin
Denver
But like @darealvelle said, Halloween is already getting a lot of media press and push. Everybody knows about Halloween, even people who don’t watch horror. There’s enough ad dollars behind Halloween, the trailer alone was extensive. Candyman is not receiving the same press drops, for a reason. Halloween is a lot more open than Candyman so why not put more ads into a movie marketed to black audiences, in a sport marketed to black audiences, dominated by black Athletes.
I mean studios don’t ever really put a lot of ad dollars behind horror. They’re hoping Halloween will be a crossover hit that will bring in a lot of non-horror fans.

Don’t get me wrong, I think they should be marketing candyman more, but that’s been these studios’ MO for a while.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HBO max could have picked it up just like Conjuring. Make up for that bullshyt WW84 and Kong v Zilla catastrophe. Let me chill, my retroactive anger is kicking in - waste of my damn monthly stream subscription. They put heavy money and promotion into that whitewashed formulaic bullshyt only for it to be extra fail - that lanky legged Gal Gadot can’t act for shyt, can barely run; they have to CGI her into every action scene. dub - should have been one of those Mockmovies. Wonder Woatman; I wonder what they were thinking casting this dry chick- the original Diana Prince from the 70s could have come off more believable in present day and she’s like 86 or something.
:scust:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I mean studios don’t ever really put a lot of ad dollars behind horror. They’re hoping Halloween will be a crossover hit that will bring in a lot of non-horror fans.

Don’t get me wrong, I think they should be marketing candyman more, but that’s been these studios’ MO for a while.
Rob Zombie made Weinstein and Co, push his Halloween movie - these studios put money where they want to. Y’all all may hate RZ Halloween but you know it was coming to theaters, when it was released and watched it. If studios want to create a presence or a buzz then they will, is all I’m saying.

The cast from Stranger Things are almost 35 years old but that didn’t stop them from waiting 4 years to bring up the new season on Netflix. “Coming soon” for like 6 summers. Dr. Sleep received heavy promotion and I was never a fan of The Shining, but Dr. Sleep made my top 5 list.

5 Horror Movies With Killer Marketing Strategies

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I literally sent out a blast text with the candyman trailer link to my friends and family and lot of them totally forgot about the film coming out. It seemed like I am putting more work to advertise the film than Universal. And yes I do understand studios do not put a lot of ad money into horror flicks, but damn this movie was produced by Jordan Peele right?

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idk where you’re at but in NYC they did that interactive advertising promotion as a demon baby, for Devils Due or whatever that horror movie was called. Candyman is much more anticipated than whatever this was and no one really saw that movie smh

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

That and they’re premiering it in Vienna and Jamie lee is getting an award. So they’re going to go all in on this one. Finals just started tho. I would be shocked if they don’t promote it for that audience and because it comes out next month.

If not :francis:

But on another note, speaking of Halloween:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Idk where you’re at but in NYC they did that interactive advertising promotion as a demon baby, for Devils Due or whatever that horror movie was called. Candyman is much more anticipated than whatever this was and no one really saw that movie smh

Lmao that was funny. I am in Atlanta, they could of definitely opened up a "Say My Name" pop up shop selling mirrors and nag champa down here lol.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
That and they’re premiering it in Vienna and Jamie lee is getting an award. So they’re going to go all in on this one. Finals just started tho. I would be shocked if they don’t promote it for that audience and because it comes out next month.

If not :francis:

But on another note, speaking of Halloween:

I agree, they can at least air a shortening trailer. One spot would be all they need to create a buzz.