Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
:patrice:
Haven’t streamed this yet. I’m going with @Hoshi_Toshi on this based off similar opinions in the past. What’s the consensus @darealvelle , @MartyMcFly @Jello Biafra? Yes or No. I don’t want to read through this thread about the series yet to influence my decision or possible spoilers.
It’s a solid watch. Movie has one of the most unlikeable leads I’ve seen in a while, but for a campy horror I was entertained by the end of it. You’ll wonder why this got the R rating until a scene later on where you’re just like “…Yup, that’s why…”.

I did notice a few inconsistencies for the 1994 timeline, specifically the way kids would act around that time, and the constant switching of songs was jarring. Some scenes I wish they’d chill with the soundtrack and let the atmosphere it built breathe.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fear Street 1994 was dope. For a work based off the R. L. Stine books, I like how it balanced out the cheesiness while also letting me get the best of both worlds with the gruesome, serious bits. The influences from Scream were felt throughout the opening sequence, and set the tone for the rest of the film well.

Speaking of Scream though….

I just knew Kate was going to bite the bullet when she first popped on screen in that Rose McGowan role. Her dying wasn’t a shocker at all, but it’s the way she died that was crazy fukked up. :picard:

Also, how the hell was Josh on AIM in ‘94 when it didn’t launch until 1997? :mjlol:
Or throwing in Prodigy's Firestarter:dj2: for when the scene really got lit:lupe::banderas:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Fear Street Part 1: 1994:ahh:

...they OD'd on the MTV Alternative MTV Music PIFF:banderas:

Bloody Meat Grinder:fire: Go HAM, tho:damn:
I only watched the first few minutes bc I cut it off- neighbors and their stupid loud fireworks display - then I fell asleep. I’m watching today though, Started off great with the “Scream” comparison opener.

But I was thinking the same thing- looked like the beginning of an MTV alternative show hosted by Kennedy :laff:Special guest Lisa Loeb; a live action Daria: the teenage girl in the mall at B.Daltons looked like her. I’m expecting they have a lead character on this movie in this movie moody as hell, angst, hates everybody, inner and outer conflict with everbody, has dark hair and acts quirky??
:deadmanny:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Well okay then, I’m hyped :picard::wow:
If Marty is enthusiastic about it- it must be true. :thumbsup:
thx for the responses everybody
You love 90s horror and this is a 90s horror movie mixed with 80s gore. While also having something to say about small towns, like all horror movies do

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I was actually supposed to hear both rob zombie and the prodigy in this movie. I was half expecting a twisted metal cameo somewhere in this movie. Strong nostalgia feels over here
Interesting.
:ohhh:
Don’t mind me, checking to make sure there was no rob zombie hostile hate horror movie energy coming off your posts- back to minding my business.
tiger-gif.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Watching Fear Street Pt. 1 now- the 90s references “Do you know how expensive AOL Dial-up is??”
:mjlol::laff:

Oh wow- this is the same kid, Benjamin Flores from “The Haunted Hathaways” on Nickelodeon and Your Honor. Very versatile actor.
:ohhh:

Took the white racists out all by his lonely:wow: