Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Fear Street was cool, nice concept to set up the series of movies with some genuinely good kills. It’s a fun one, one part slasher and two parts supernatural mystery.

Vicious Fun lives up to the title. It’s got some gory kills, a wild collection of characters, and it’s a fun ride. Horror comedy done right.

Both movies use multiple killer angles to add some variety to the festivities and both bring a good sense of humor.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Rob zombie munsters ? Sounds terrible to me tbh I seen how family dynamics are in his movies :mjtf: I’ll pass
You’re lucky that I don’t distribute negs on this thread
Chucky-With-Weapons-76851.gif

Rob Zombie Is Rebooting 'The Munsters,' Likely for Streaming
Zombie told Loudwire in 2018, "I think for the most part, with most horror movies, it's the weird ones that seem to stick with people. It's not the blockbusters that did $100 million that was everywhere, that everybody loved. Sometimes those just get forgotten. It's kind of the weird movies that really hit the fan base. Like Evil Dead — that wasn't a blockbuster that did $100 million. It's a movie most people, at the time, had never even heard of. Those are the ones that stick around."
FACTS
Read More: Rob Zombie Is Rebooting 'The Munsters,' Likely for Streaming

——
Funny how everyone remembers enough about his productions to provide a reaction to his movies that they claim to hate.
CluelessSolidKentrosaurus-max-1mb.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Fear Street 1994 had me hyped off of that Scream inspired opening.

Then it got on my nerves spending waaay too much time introducing those kids.

The stoner white guy, the chubby little brother and the tough girl trying to get out of her shytty town were all OK but the lead chick and her girlfriend were absolutely awful. The girlfriend was just a dull white bread nothing of a character and the lead chick was one of the worst actors I have seen in my entire life.

She spent the entire movie basically screaming "I AM ACTING OVER HERE!!! LOOK AT ME ACT!!!! I AM AN ACTOR READING LINES!!!! NOTICE ME ACTING!!!!"...I wanted them to die so much.

Overall the movie itself was OK but the horrific casting of the leads coupled with majorly shytty slasher movie violations when it came to killing specific characters irked the hell out of me.

The stoner dude and the tough girl both were given deaths that didn't correlate with the types of characters they were. Stoner dude got a throwaway instantaneous death when his archetype needed a death that contrasted with his wisecracking nature and the tough girl was given the death reserved for a bytchy mean girl type of character instead of the best friend archetype that she was.

To drive the point home here: imagine if in I Know What You Did Last, Helen was murdered in the way that this character was or if in Scream 2 Randy just got a 2 second axe to the head death. That is a violation of Slasher Archetype Rules.

So, to reiterate...I didn't hate Fear Street 1994 but it wasn't as good as the opening had me anticipating it would be.

Last edited:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Fear Street was cool, nice concept to set up the series of movies with some genuinely good kills. It’s a fun one, one part slasher and two parts supernatural mystery.

Vicious Fun lives up to the title. It’s got some gory kills, a wild collection of characters, and it’s a fun ride. Horror comedy done right.

Both movies use multiple killer angles to add some variety to the festivities and both bring a good sense of humor.
Vicious Fun def caught me by surprise.
I was hoping crazy asian serial killer got more playing time.

:francis:

Mad fun characters tho!

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Evil is the shyt! Highly recommend it.
Have you been watching the 2nd season - they’re doing all of these weird quirky character acts that I’m not feeling. Overplaying the Dr. Leland antagonism. The route like CBS/paramount did with “The Good Fight” last year - very watered down and silly content at times. 4 main character leads ended up leaving the show, leaving it a Skeleton of the show that it once was. Bad mistakes were made. Feels like this is going in the same direction.

Edit: just looked, same series creators with the Good Fight and Evil. Must have hired the same writers, I knew those “comic” relief and weird breakout moments look familiar. Feels like Evil is copying moments of The Good Fight with a supernatural twist. Good opening seasons but overuse of the symbolism and not enough tie- in to the segments that made the kick off series so intense. Time will tell. Fell asleep halfway through ep 2, woke up and felt no need to rewind.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Have you been watching the 2nd season - they’re doing all of these weird quirky character acts that I’m not feeling. Overplaying the Dr. Leland antagonism. The route like CBS/paramount did with “The Good Fight” last year - very watered down and silly content at times. 4 main character leads ended up leaving the show, leaving it a Skeleton of the show that it once was. Bad mistakes were made. Feels like this is going in the same direction.

Edit: just looked, same series creators with the Good Fight and Evil. Must have hired the same writers, I knew those “comic” relief and weird breakout moments look familiar. Feels like Evil is copying moments of The Good Fight with a supernatural twist. Good opening seasons but overuse of the symbolism and not enough tie- in to the segments that made the kick off series so intense. Time will tell. Fell asleep halfway through ep 2, woke up and felt no need to rewind.
This season seems to be a slow burn of Kristen being seduced by The Devil with each Possession of the Week being a demon who notices and pushes her subtly toward the dark side.
At the same time they are expanding Ben's role by having him get harassed by demons so that he will have to start question his atheisms.
And David's arc seems to be him being faced with philosophical obstacles to his becoming a real priest while at the same time being mentored by that nun so that he will realize he can serve God without actually joining the order and taking vows.
Amazingly Leland hasn't been as much of an in your face front burner character these first 3 episodes aside from episode 1.
But I'm still enjoying the new season.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fear Street 1994 had me hyped off of that Scream inspired opening.

Then it got on my nerves spending waaay too much time introducing those kids.

The stoner white guy, the chubby little brother and the tough girl trying to get out of her shytty town were all OK but the lead chick and her girlfriend were absolutely awful. The girlfriend was just a dull white bread nothing of a character and the lead chick was one of the worst actors I have seen in my entire life.

She spent the entire movie basically screaming "I AM ACTING OVER HERE!!! LOOK AT ME ACT!!!! I AM AN ACTOR READING LINES!!!! NOTICE ME ACTING!!!!"...I wanted them to die so much.

Overall the movie itself was OK but the horrific casting of the leads coupled with majorly shytty slasher movie violations when it came to killing specific characters irked the hell out of me.

The stoner dude and the tough girl both were given deaths that didn't correlate with the types of characters they were. Stoner dude got a throwaway instantaneous death when his archetype needed a death that contrasted with his wisecracking nature and the tough girl was given the death reserved for a bytchy mean girl type of character instead of the best friend archetype that she was.

To drive the point home here: imagine if in I Know What You Did Last, Helen was murdered in the way that this character was or if in Scream 2 Randy just got a 2 second axe to the head death. That is a violation of Slasher Archetype Rules.

So, to reiterate...I didn't hate Fear Street 1994 but it wasn't as good as the opening had me anticipating it would be.
Movie was good, storyline effective. 7/10 from me. Casting decisions - not so Much. Like someone said above- the most unlikable lead character in a series but I got used to her after a while; feel like she wasn’t acting - she was playing herself, like that’s how her personality is all the time, forever moody and doesn’t gaf unless it someone she really cares about as we see (her brother and Sam) rough around the edges. A TeenDisney MTVJr. Emo version of Michelle Rodriguez. I got used to Deena though. Travesty that they underused Josh in this movie though and could have did without all of the goofy puppy dog love moments.

The actress that really made me the f mad by her presence alone that Sam (Olivia Welch)- she’s so Fukkin annoying- idk how or why they keep casting her and those bunny teeth of hers in these teen scream thriller movies. Worst actress and those facial expressions. She’s in like 3 movies since the summer started. She should have played the girl from the book store in the opening. Kate stole every scene that she was in - she’s the only one who I think nailed her parts, came off as believable.