Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Here’s what I DO like about the movie, fully realizing it’s not as gory or violent or twisted as saw normally is: the story. I like when long running franchises interrogate themselves and question stuff. Saw has an iffy relationship with cops, specifically crooked cops, and normally looks over their transgressions because they’re cops. So this movie looking at that relationship and turning the energy against it had me going :ehh: or :ld: most of the time because I felt it.
Right. I hear you. That’s why I was kind of in a state of contemplation. I was mad that the movie wasn’t the usual Saw formula but the message and execution was what I liked most about the movie.

Truth be told, if this movie wasn’t part of the franchise and marketed with a different spin; I actually would have rated it much higher because rarely do we get movies where police get the energy that they put out and in such a gory display. Like in terms of Retributive Justice - this was A1. But as a horror movie fan (the methodical part of me wanted to see the traps, the struggles for more than 5 seconds, what led to this as an explained back story, less flashback scenes - it was soooo choppy) I also wanted to see more traps. But also I think that’s why they held back on the gore factor because of the cops. Like when the script hit the cutting room floor, I feel like whoever approved it for release, held back on the traps and the torture scenes because it would offend cops). Idk if that makes sense. That’s my feedback on it.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Your point is?
Nothing. You usually troll around TLR with your negative red rep in the 4,000s; I’ve been posting in this thread for 3 yrs and have never seen you talk about any horror movies or anything related. That was my reaction. But if you’re here for the right reasons, it is what it is.

Next time, put a description so we know what movie you’re referencing. There’s a lot of horror movies titled, “The Unholy”.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Right. I hear you. That’s why I was kind of in a state of contemplation. I was mad that the movie wasn’t the usual Saw formula but the message and execution was what I liked most about the movie.

Truth be told, if this movie wasn’t part of the franchise and marketed with a different spin; I actually would have rated it much higher because rarely do we get movies where police get the energy that they put out and in such a gory display. Like in terms of Retributive Justice - this was A1. But as a horror movie fan (the methodical part of me wanted to see the traps, the struggles for more than 5 seconds, what led to this as an explained back story, less flashback scenes - it was soooo choppy) I also wanted to see more traps. But also I think that’s why they held back on the gore factor because of the cops. Like when the script hit the cutting room floor, I feel like whoever approved it for release, held back on the traps and the torture scenes because it would offend cops). Idk if that makes sense. That’s my feedback on it.

Nah that makes complete sense. there's a chance they wanted to dial it down a bit either because of politics or just to set itself a part from Jigsaw. This is a different killer with completely different methods and motives. I also know Chris Rock wanted a "lighter" Saw film than what we're used to. Once you aim for "lighter" the hardcore audience is already looking at you side eyed because that inherently means softer and easier to digest.

I'm not a hardcore Saw fan so it worked for me but I completely understand why it would rub someone who loves that franchise the wrong way. People don't go to Saw movies for the message; they go to see people get tortured in ridiculous ways.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Nothing. You usually troll around TLR with your negative red rep in the 4,000s; I’ve been posting in this thread for 3 yrs and have never seen you talk about any horror movies or anything related. That was my reaction. But if you’re here for the right reasons, it is what it is.

Next time, put a description so we know what movie you’re referencing. There’s a lot of horror movies titled, “The Unholy”.

There are few if any on here who know more about movies.

There is a 2021 "The Unholy"....do your research:mjtf:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I agree, movie was a microwave Seven mixed with Saw. Th movie really did not need to be made since it added no value or nothing excited to the franchise. Just a waste of millions of dollars(big gripe that I have with Hollywood in general, may make a thread on it). Its a Saw movie that you can watch with your mom because she like Chris Rock lol.
:deadmanny::deadrose:
facts. Especially the parts where the courier service would drop off the boxes and Chris Rock hit the “what’s in the box:damn:
My facial expression was like -
:comeon:.... :francis:

Speaking of moms- the last time that I was at her house I put on a movie to stream for my parents. My mother couldn’t even make it past the opening scene in the movie Triple 9 at the 6 min mark (the trunk scene with the victim’s teeth in the bag) without shrieking- talking about “this is too much - why do you watch these types of movies, that’s disgusting, please find something else for us to look at “ she was horrified.

Triple 9 had her spazzing - so imagine what Saw would do
vZ9weA.gif

The fact that she asked me “why and how do I watch such violent movies” had me falling out.

Like she wasn’t the same lady letting me watch horror movies since the age of 6 staying up late with my dad; who put his kids (and his only daughter bc i didn’t want to feel left out) on to horror movies for the past 25+ years while she was upstairs chilling; talking about Friday Family night - I love her though with her selective memory and outrage.
:laff::deadmanny:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
There are few if any on here who know more about movies.

There is a 2021 "The Unholy"....do your research:mjtf:
Don’t test my patience. Not tonight. Then you should have said the year of the movie from jump. No one knew wtf you were talking about. Do your own research and know your audience dumbass. There are 4 Movies titled “The Unholy” in this decade. We are not mind readers. You came in here to ask us questions - have your details ready, dafuq.
:what::bryan: