Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
This looks kind of decent
Monster_Hunter_Film_Poster.jpg

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Lol naw I saw it already. I thought it was ok. Its one of those thriller films that you can put on for people that are not fans of the series or genre.
I’m saying. Facts. They totally made this the “safe” Saw for general audiences. This is not a Saw for us as horror fans with actual knowledge of the genre and have watched all of the saw franchise movies. This was not a Saw movie- they used the saw banner for marketing purposes but this could have been literally any generic thriller/drama movie.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m saying. Facts. They totally made this the “safe” Saw for general audiences. This is not a Saw for us as horror fans with actual knowledge of the genre and have watched all of the saw franchise movies. This was not a Saw movie- they used the saw banner for marketing purposes but this could have been literally any generic thriller/drama movie.

I agree, movie was a microwave Seven mixed with Saw. Th movie really did not need to be made since it added no value or nothing excited to the franchise. Just a waste of millions of dollars(big gripe that I have with Hollywood in general, may make a thread on it). Its a Saw movie that you can watch with your mom because she like Chris Rock lol.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I kinda thought the opposite and thought it was just aight for that reason.

I thought they were gonna take things in a new, hopefully interesting, direction. Instead it just felt like any of the other Saws after the first couple, which actually felt original.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I kinda thought the opposite and thought it was just aight for that reason.

I thought they were gonna take things in a new, hopefully interesting, direction. Instead it just felt like any of the other Saws after the first couple, which actually felt original.

Me too, it is like making a Candyman movie starring Eddie Murphy.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Here’s what I DO like about the movie, fully realizing it’s not as gory or violent or twisted as saw normally is: the story. I like when long running franchises interrogate themselves and question stuff. Saw has an iffy relationship with cops, specifically crooked cops, and normally looks over their transgressions because they’re cops. So this movie looking at that relationship and turning the energy against it had me going :ehh: or :ld: most of the time because I felt it.