Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Djimon Hounsou was the leader of an island of survivors who took the initiative to lead the aliens away from his community so that the little deaf girl could use her hearing aid reverb at the radio station on the island.
So he drives like he's one of Vin Diesel's crew in the Fast & The Furious with aliens hanging onto his convertible, gets the deaf girl and the white man she was with to the radio station and all of a sudden turns into a dumbass blond white girl in a slasher movie. Dude becomes so scared and dumb that he stands by the partially open garage shutter shaking like a leaf and talking about how scared he is for his family that he can't even walk the 3 feet to the door so he can unlock it and they can all go into the radio station to do the one thing that would save his family and everyone else on the island.
And while he's standing there like a bytch one of the aliens reaches under the partially opened garage shutter, yanks his goofy ass out of the garage and kills him.
He was basically in the movie to die one of the lamest and most nonsensical deaths I have ever seen in any horror movie.

It was the biggest of the dumb decisions by a mile and so easily avoided. They shoulda just had him throw the key to the kid and keep driving while the monsters chased him (go out like a hero, not necessarily dead, and does something smart to buy the others time to save the day). I'd rather suspend belief by thinking one of the monsters lingered far enough behind to wind up in the radio station then watch a leader for an entire community have a meltdown and go out worse than Sam Jackson in Deep Blue Sea.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Random YouTube - there is a horror scene right here. Crossing this bridge, this makes me nauseated. T

They call this a “causeway”- there’s no cause to go that way because I ain’t going

:damn::damn:

Drove this plenty of times after flying in going to see my dad in the Washington Parish
its about 25- 45 minute drive depending on the weather

after Katrina hit - that fukker was so flooded, when it got windy water, would splash over the bridge onto the roadway. I was driving it like :gucci::ooh::sadcam::usure:

nothing like driving it at night though .
miss Louisiana sometimes, just sometimes though.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I know this is the horror thread but Netflix has blessed
No Sitcom Deserves The Vaunted "Netflix Bump" More Than 'Happy Endings'

“There’s good TV, there’s great TV, and then there’s the whirlwind of comedic excellence known as Happy Endings. Airing from 2011 to 2013 on ABC, David Caspe’s single-camera hangout comedy is best known for its immensely talented cast, brilliant writing, and staggering amount of jokes that continuously subverted expectations in both quantity and quality. The series amassed a passionate cult following and despite only lasting for three seasons, Happy Endings continued to find new fans when debuting on Hulu and HBO Max. But Netflix is a whole new ballgame.

On June 1, 2021, all 57 episodes of Happy Endings were added to Netflix (a special pandemic episode is also available on YouTube). Thanks to the streaming goliath’s irrefutable popularity, Netflix can attract a sizable new audience for overlooked shows that premiered on different networks.”

Daps
Reppin
Denver

“There’s good TV, there’s great TV, and then there’s the whirlwind of comedic excellence known as Happy Endings. Airing from 2011 to 2013 on ABC, David Caspe’s single-camera hangout comedy is best known for its immensely talented cast, brilliant writing, and staggering amount of jokes that continuously subverted expectations in both quantity and quality. The series amassed a passionate cult following and despite only lasting for three seasons, Happy Endings continued to find new fans when debuting on Hulu and HBO Max. But Netflix is a whole new ballgame.

On June 1, 2021, all 57 episodes of Happy Endings were added to Netflix (a special pandemic episode is also available on YouTube). Thanks to the streaming goliath’s irrefutable popularity, Netflix can attract a sizable new audience for overlooked shows that premiered on different networks.”

Show is dope. I watched it all for the first time last year on hulu

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just noticed Lake Mungo is on Prime. Heard some good things about to check it out. Anyone seen it?
Lake Mungo is OK.

It's pretty slow moving and they nail the antiseptic documentary vibe really well but it has a nice eeriness to it that I liked.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Happy Ending was great. I've probably watched the entire show at least 7 or 8 times.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Show is dope. I watched it all for the first time last year on hulu
I didn’t start watching the show when it aired until Season 2. After that I was hooked- bought the dvd box set way back when and would watch now and then on Hulu. Never gets old. Been watching for as long as I can remember.

And I never had any reason to even want to watch “Friends”- that show seemed obnoxious asf to me and too vanilla white; so when this came along which is the exact opposite of Friends, I was on it. Happy Endings are the group that would bully “Friends”, tell them how boring they are, and make fun of them to their faces without giving a shyt.
:laff::deadrose:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I didn’t start watching the show when it aired until Season 2. After that I was hooked- bought the dvd box set way back when and would watch now and then on Hulu. Never gets old. Been watching for as long as I can remember.

And I never had any reason to even want to watch “Friends”- that show seemed obnoxious asf to me and too vanilla white; so when this came along which is the exact opposite of Friends, I was on it. Happy Endings are the group that would bully “Friends”, tell them how boring they are, and make fun of them to their faces without giving a shyt.
I'm completely indifferent to friends especially since I've seen living single and prefer that way more

Daps
Reppin
Denver

Never seen an episode of Friends. I’ve seen clips here and there and have no doubt that it’s not for me.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
https://www.horrorsociety.com/2021/...al-pictures-blumhouse-and-weed-road-pictures/

Firestarter is being directed by Keith Thomas (The Vigil) and the script was adapted by Scott Teems (Halloween Kills, Rectify).

The film is based on an adaptation of Stephen King’s classic sci-fi thriller novel “Firestarter.”

Jason Blum and Academy Award® winner Akiva Goldsman will produce. Martha De Laurentiis, who was an associate producer on the 1984 adaptation of Firestarter starring a young Drew Barrymore in the titular role that Armstrong is now filling, will executive produce.

Logline: A young girl develops pyrokinetic abilities and is abducted by a secret government agency that wants to harness her powerful gift as a weapon.