Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Seen all but 5 of these
I’ve seen them All except the cat one, Murder Death Koreatown and the movie that @CourtesyFlush mentioned earlier
Lake Mungo
lake-mungo-poster.jpg
Year: 2008
Director: Joel Anderson

Lake Mungo could scarcely be more different from something like Grave Encounters—there are no ghosts or demons chasing screaming people down the hall, and it’s chiefly a story about family, emotion and our desire to seek closure after death. You could call it a member of the “mumblegore” family, without the gore. It centers around a family that has been shattered by a daughter’s drowning, and the family’s subsequent entanglement in what may or may not be a haunting, and the mother’s desire to determine what kind of life her daughter had been living. Powerfully acted and subtly shot, it’s a tense (if grainy) family drama with hints of the supernatural drifting around the fraying edges of their sanity. If there’s such a thing as “horror drama,” this documentary-style film deserves the title. —Jim Vorel

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I’ve seen them All except the cat one, Murder Death Koreatown and the movie that @CourtesyFlush mentioned earlier
Lake Mungo
lake-mungo-poster.jpg
Year: 2008
Director: Joel Anderson

Lake Mungo could scarcely be more different from something like Grave Encounters—there are no ghosts or demons chasing screaming people down the hall, and it’s chiefly a story about family, emotion and our desire to seek closure after death. You could call it a member of the “mumblegore” family, without the gore. It centers around a family that has been shattered by a daughter’s drowning, and the family’s subsequent entanglement in what may or may not be a haunting, and the mother’s desire to determine what kind of life her daughter had been living. Powerfully acted and subtly shot, it’s a tense (if grainy) family drama with hints of the supernatural drifting around the fraying edges of their sanity. If there’s such a thing as “horror drama,” this documentary-style film deserves the title. —Jim Vorel
I'll have to give it another try. A lot of people seem to like it but I couldn't get into it

There's a lot of terrible found footage movies but it's one of my favorite genres when done well

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This weekend movie lineup :dahell:

1.The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
2.Spiral: From the Book of Saw)
3.There Will Be Blood ( none Horror )

If the Conjuring is a flop, I’m taking out all of my anger on @Jello Biafra just because.

@darealvelle i May add Saw/Spiral to my list this weekend too.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Anyone seen that CAVEAT movie on SHUDDER?

Think ima peep later.
shyt looks mad weird!

All Star
Daps
Need help ID'ing a 2021 flick if possible.

Worst description ever: I believe it was Korean... either some sort of zombies or cannibals.

Edit: Found it.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Finally got around to watching Spiral: From The Book of Saw.

It was decent even though I prefer my Saw movies to be ones where a group of people have all been abducted to a central location and one by one they get taken out by Jigsaw's traps.
Also Chris Rock is a horrendous actor.

All Star
Daps
Is it one of these?

#Alive

Dark Hole

Peninsula

Neither, unfortunately, but I appreciate the links.

The movie is supposed to come out this year and had some demonic shyt in the trailer. The makeup was similar to the zombies in #Alive but some of the kill scenes reminded me of The Green Inferno.

I'm sure it's in this thread, but I couldn't find it going back a few dozen pages.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nothing, TODAY. Flashbacks of your Rob Zombie disdain, Texas chainsaw slander, that time that you made me watch the wrong movie, your gremlins practical joke- consequences and Ongoing Payback . Therefore all of my 3 of years of commenting on this thread and triggering gets directed at you even if it’s your fault or not.
tiger-gif.gif

This new Conjuring is on deck for tonight at 9:45.
:blessed:
This better be good or else
:ufdup: